IGNORED

Boxing

He can bang though but a punchers chance is all he has.

I like Bellew because he has made a good living through pure hard work. He is a bang average boxer with a good head on him and a loud mouth and he has not only made a career but put himself in the history books.

Yeah. He's a good bloke who does it for the right reasons. Just wants to secure his families future. He knows he's done the Haye thing for a payday.

However, as a boxer...don't rate him. He misses so many of his big wide sloggers it's unreal!

Yep. Definitely. I like his style. He's got the real athletic look. Just a shame his Dad got involved as soon as he started tasting some success.

Boxers struggle to stay away, and the more success they've tasted the bigger the draw back to the limelight. Its actually quite sad in a lot of cases.

Haye or Bellew then ladies and gents?

Haye for me, as soon as he lands his first proper punch Bellew will be on his arse looking at the stars.

Depends on the weight, so many years out and not much in terms of comeback fights (opponents) it's no Haye gimme, Bellew I believe is naturally heavier, Haye only two years older, if it's a brawl it's evens, if Haye sticks & moves then he should be too slippery, but Bellew turns up near a stone heavier and wraps Haye up in a corner it could be a bit nasty.

I agree in that if this does become a test of character then Bellew will be the one that wins. Bellew said it himself, he will get up off the canvas to win but I'm not sure Haye would.

I still think it just takes one clean shot from Haye to put Bellew flat on his arse.

I agree in that if this does become a test of character then Bellew will be the one that wins. Bellew said it himself, he will get up off the canvas to win but I'm not sure Haye would.

I still think it just takes one clean shot from Haye to put Bellew flat on his arse.

No denying Haye had the speed and power to put people away, but that was years ago, I'm not convinced he still has it in him.

Best thing is if Bellew loses, it doesn't effect him in the slightest, he drops back down to his level and carries on and keeps his belt, if Haye loses then for me its the end of his career.

I think Bellew will win,he is slow before he even steps up to heavyweight though, that's what will go against him. Haye's comeback fights have been terrible, the first was against a youtube trained boxer.

Bellew will not win this fight. Unless there is a miracle (injury to Haye)

Got home from work just in time to catch the Degale Jack fight, one of the best in recent times toe to toe stuff well worth a watch if you haven't seen it

Was a good fight.

DeGale ruined himself for me. He went toe to toe where as he works best getting space and finding the angles. He was lucky to get the draw.

Punch stats show Jack landed about 300 more punches.

I do think that was the best of Jack, but not the best of DeGale.

Was a good fight.

DeGale ruined himself for me. He went toe to toe where as he works best getting space and finding the angles. He was lucky to get the draw.

Punch stats show Jack landed about 300 more punches.

I do think that was the best of Jack, but not the best of DeGale.

Fully agree with that mate, Smith will dominate that division in the very near future imo

• 1 month later...

Anyone see Haye on soccer Am? made an absolute cunt of himself, took "smack" talking too far:

https://twitter.com/Tony_Scott11/status/835440067321671681

Also The Gloves Are Off was tasty last night, Bellew had Haye off everywhere, its really built up to feel like a massive fight, cant wait for it, hope Bellew knocks him clean out now.

I'm not a boxing fan but I don't see Bellew standing any chance. He'll be gone inside 4.

I'm not sure, I used to think that but Haye has come across like he isn't taking this serious, hes only doing 2 hours training, without a trainer, hasn't fought anyone who's half decent for years. Bellew I feel wants this fight more, could end up being a Frotch - Groves (first fight) where Frotch massively underestimated Groves.

If Bellew can get to the later rounds then he can do it, Haye will be very dangerous in the first few due to his quickness.

Amir Khan lining up retirement signing off with a loss to Pacquiao.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39094500

Its a smart move from him, he's avoided Kell Brook there knowing full well if he gets beat to him its game over, whereas if he gets beat to Pacquiao he has the Brook fight to fall back on.

Kahn vs Pacquaio will be a fight of two of the most irrelevant fighters in the game today. hope its a rocky 3 finish and they ko each other.