IGNORED

Boxing

Bellew broke his hand in the second or third round he said, no wonder he couldn't put full power into his punches. As for Haye being "not that injured", he had to go directly for surgery on his Achilles, I'd say he was pretty injured myself!

Thought it was a good fight myself, went exactly as Bellew predicted which made it all the more sweeter. Plus it won me a few bob!

Bellew broke his hand in the second or third round he said, no wonder he couldn't put full power into his punches. As for Haye being "not that injured", he had to go directly for surgery on his Achilles, I'd say he was pretty injured myself!

Thought it was a good fight myself, went exactly as Bellew predicted which made it all the more sweeter. Plus it won me a few bob!

Aye, ruptured achilles. Ouch!

Bellew just pretty much retired on talksport then, said its going to take something big and special for him to come back because he's had enough. He said that fight with Haye has financially secured him so he doesn't need to fight.

Shame Derry Matthews retired yesterday as well.

Bellew just pretty much retired on talksport then, said its going to take something big and special for him to come back because he's had enough. He said that fight with Haye has financially secured him so he doesn't need to fight.

Shame Derry Matthews retired yesterday as well.

Can't say I blame him. Getting punched fuck put of for a living isn't type of career you want to be in for a prolonged amount of time.

Good decision by bellew.

The most he could get out of boxing aside of money was kudos. There are no fights out there worth risking all he has earned.

He is fighting powerful punchers and he should now go and enjoy retirement with his family. Why risk his health?

I think he would make a cracking trainer/commentator. He is engaging - fun to watch on TV.

He will pile on the pounds now though! Fair play to the lad - he made a great career out of his skills - got a huge heart.

I still think he will fight again but he was saying its hard work, he's lived in a hotel room on his own for 16 weeks, he said it was just a standard premier inn room as well, no special suite or anything, then getting into the ring to have the buggery punched out of you.

Talks of him fighting Wilder or Parker for a heavyweight title. If he fights Wilder then its the money maker, can go to Vegas, earn a shit load of money, possibly get beat then retire.

Best thing for Bellew is he now has a lot of options, does he drop back to cruiserweight and unify those titles? Stay at Heavyweight and fight for a world title? or as he's hinted at, retire?

Haye is done now though, greatest cruiserweight this country has produced.

I think he will have one more fight. The sad thing is, he will probably then retire following a defeat. Whatever he does he shouldn't be talked into getting in the same ring as Joshua.

If that's regarding Haye then he said himself after the fight he can forget world titles after that defeat. If about Bellew then he said he wouldn't last against Joshua, infact when they did ask he said "I'm not stupid!"

Tyson Fury tweeted earlier saying he has an announcement coming shortly...

His back's feeling a bit better now so if you want some tarmac on your drive to give him a bell?

All seriousness to one side, Bellew is 34 and holds a cruiser weight world belt, he can hand pick from a bunch of no hopers and bank some easier money and pad out his record. Haye was chronically under prepared, 5 years out then rolling two part time bums over was never enough to regain his former edge, got paid to get beat and sounds like a serious enough injury to now overcome, struggled to catch Bellew who is very much not a quick mover.

Did I post in here Khan's agreed to Pacquiao, so theres another imminent retirement for a so called leading British boxer.

Lots of happy punters out there that lumped a few quid on Bellew and made a few quid. Well done for keeping the faith.

Next up lets see how far Klitschko has sunk compared to his former dizzying heights.

Yeh I will take that one back! Fair play to him, no idea how he carried on!

Khan needs to start fighting more regularly and he needs to fight Brook. There isn't a bigger fight out there for him.

Career ender that one though isn't it, likelihood is Khan gets beat then he has nowhere to go then, hence why he's ducking that fight for now.

Career ender that one though isn't it, likelihood is Khan gets beat then he has nowhere to go then, hence why he's ducking that fight for now.

Yeh true but if he lost to Pacquio there wouldn't be much of a comeback either. I would also expect Khan to get beat but I don't expect him to get blown away so I think there will always be a way back for him. Surely Brook is the biggest payday for him?

• 2 weeks later...