IGNORED

Davy Klaassen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree. He is at his best when deployed behind the striker. At Utd he is playing in defence midfield and he is useless at it. He can't play further forward because Rooney and Ibrahimovic both drop off so that encroaches into his territory. It's the same problem that afflicts Pogba. Pogba also like to burst out of midfield but the space he wants to run into is occupied by his team mates.

I'd have had Fellaini back honestly and I think Lukaku would really have benefited from him being up there and winning aerial challenges.

I'd say DM is his best position. He completely bossed Man City when playing there for us. This game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8456839.stm

And I think people are forgetting what a masterful tactician Mourinho is. 14 finals, 12 wins, isn't it? He sets out to frustrate opponents, and he's especially adept against sides that play the style of Ajax/Barcelona. His whole "thing" is exploiting that style with a resolute, well-organized defense and attacking players that will get the job done on the counter. Look at the way he deployed Fellaini the other day. Always available to receive the long diagonal ball. He had United 60 yards upfield in a matter of seconds.

Fact of the matter is that United has a deep bench full of a variety of styles of quality player. Mourinho put together an XI to go along with a game plan (stifle and frustrate Ajax and exploit their youth and inexperience). Fellaini was a key part of that. Fellaini catches a lot of unnecessary flak, but he's always been an excellent midfielder and a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. You just have to deploy him with a purpose.

Back to Klaassen and Dolberg. Again, you can't judge them on this performance, because, tactically, they were never going to get a sniff. Ajax didn't have a plan b. Mourinho made them look impotent.

Say this to a united fan mate of mine and he refuses to believe me.

When he came to everton he was one of the best holding mids in the league.

Same here. Arrogant bunch of wankers most of them, care more about there fifa rating. I've not seen Pogba play any where near the level of Fellaini yet the bum him.

Completely agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Within 10 days apparently. Good to know that planning we've been doing since January has been fruitful.

Wouldn't say no! Seems to have had a great couple of seasons for Ajax. I'm always really sceptical when it comes to signings from the Dutch league though.

As long as the fee is low(ish) I'm happy. Seems to love arriving late and scoring a goal.