IGNORED

Davy Klaassen

Reminds me of naismith..... maybe it's the hair and build.

That's actually a fair comparison. A 24 year old Naismith could have torn up the Dutch league and then disappear in the Europe League final just as well as Klaassen.

Now the question is, who would pay 26m for a younger version of Naismith..

"Capable of playing as a deep-lying playmaker, a box-to-box midfielder or higher up as a No.10, Klaassens versatility makes him a prized asset."

Read of few articles on him he seems very versatile and models his game on Bergkamp who played similar positions until he eventually became a number 10

He's a mixture of a few things we've needed for awhile a playmaker but can play as a number 10, depends on what happens with Ross imo where he could potentially play.... Possible partner for Ramirez?

That's actually a fair comparison. A 24 year old Naismith could have torn up the Dutch league and then disappear in the Europe League final just as well as Klaassen.

Now the question is, who would pay 26m for a younger version of Naismith..

Bar them both looking like Silas from The Da Vinci Code he doesn't seem to be in any way shape or form a similar player to Naismith

Edited by EFC-Paul

Bar them both looking like Silas from The Da Vinci Code he doesn't seem to be in any way shape or form a similar player to Naismith

well if you're expecting Bergkamp 2.0 you're in for a surprise.

I hope I'll be proven wrong, I can only go on what I've seen from him so far. Once live (for The Netherlands), completely anonymous playing against proven Premier League midfielders, and numerous times on TV where he flourishes in the poor Dutch league but disappears in the biggest game of the season against ManU.

My mate follows Ajax a lot and has described him as a poor mans Christian Erikson, but not to the point where you wouldn't want him. Would need to change bits of his game but overall would be a decent signing. (He's a Kopite so could be talking utter shite which wouldn't be rare for those lot).

well if you're expecting Bergkamp 2.0 you're in for a surprise.

I hope I'll be proven wrong, I can only go on what I've seen from him so far. Once live (for The Netherlands), completely anonymous playing against proven Premier League midfielders, and numerous times on TV where he flourishes in the poor Dutch league but disappears in the biggest game of the season against ManU.

I'm not expecting anything that's how he describes himself as do Managers who have managed him

I know one thing though the lad isn't comparable to bloody Naismith, people have made a daft comparison because he's a pale bolding footballer!

Edited by EFC-Paul

£26m....he better be worth it.

Some suggesting he's not an outright playmaker, more of a mini Lampard who bursts forward when attacking.

I thought we needed a playmaker who was interchangeable with other attacking positions...?

That's euros I think mate

where would he play in the 433? part of the front 3? or the midfield 3?

This is what i'm struggling with.

People are saying he's someone who's more box to box than a playmaker. So surely that leaves him as part of the midfield 3.

Goalkeeper

Coleman - Keane? - Williams - Baines

Morgan - Gana / Davies

Klaassen?

Sandro/Barkley - Lukaku (his replacement) - Bolasie/Mirallas

I'm so confused by our team's (potential) set up.

Balance seems off still.

This is what i'm struggling with.

People are saying he's someone who's more box to box than a playmaker. So surely that leaves him as part of the midfield 3.

Goalkeeper

Coleman - Keane? - Williams - Baines

Morgan - Gana / Davies

Klaassen?

Sandro/Barkley - Lukaku (his replacement) - Bolasie/Mirallas

I'm so confused by our team's (potential) set up.

Balance seems off still.

you read my mind :)