IGNORED

ALCOHOL. Found any new drinks lately?

rubecula

Just a helpful thread to mention any new or unusual drinks you might like to tell folks about.

this one tastes really nice even the ladies like it.

289508.jpg?v=20170514115954

In my experience bartending at fancy cocktail bars, ladies like a lot of shit we don't give them credit for. That said, my most common order from women is most definitely, "I like vodka, but nothing too sweet." A lot of men order the same, or worse.

Edited by nyblue23

I never drink whisky as I really don't like it. However (and I may have posted this before) here is one my dad left me when he passed recently. I had to try it didn't I?

And it is not too bad at all. In fact I went out an bought more.

18124314312_506f21c980_b.jpg

I never drink whisky as I really don't like it. However (and I may have posted this before) here is one my dad left me when he passed recently. I had to try it didn't I?

And it is not too bad at all. In fact I went out an bought more.

I hate whisky when it's blended muck like Bells or Teachers, horrible stuff, but some of the single malts are nectar. I was camping on Rannoch moor in Scotland with a mate many moons ago and we spent an evening in a quite posh hotel bar overlooking the loch with the owner, sat at the bar and sampled every one he had on offer. How in the world we got back to the tent I'll never know, my mate went out in the morning to buy breakfast and brought it back; was a can of coke and a banana, have a photo of me consuming it somewhere. Happy days.

I hate whisky when it's blended muck like Bells or Teachers, horrible stuff, but some of the single malts are nectar. I was camping on Rannoch moor in Scotland with a mate many moons ago and we spent an evening in a quite posh hotel bar overlooking the loch with the owner, sat at the bar and sampled every one he had on offer. How in the world we got back to the tent I'll never know, my mate went out in the morning to buy breakfast and brought it back; was a can of coke and a banana, have a photo of me consuming it somewhere. Happy days.

yes a whisky can have very strange effects lol lol

:dry:

Crozet Hermitage is a nice red. Sancerre for white.

Single Malt: Old Pulteney (Northernmost Distillery - Wick)

Springbank - (Campbeltown Distillery)

Of the more popular single malts - Highland Park.

Had one bought for Father's day that I hadn't had before. Tomatin from the Tomatin Distillery in the Highlands. - very nice.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Chris Vran said:

What have you been enjoying in the US Mark? We don't get stacks of American beer over in Australia, but I'm always keen to (potentially) try something new. 

Most of it is small brewery.  Had one called Ithaca flower power that was nice.  Magic hat #9 used to be a favorite.  

Our local brewery in Cleveland is called Great Lakes and honestly most of their varietals are excellent.  They make a Christmas ale that is amazing and 7.5% so the holidays at my families are always a rip roaring time as 2-3 of these and everyone is jolly.

another good brewery is Bells, which is in Michigan.  We get a lot of their beers on tap or bottles and it's always good again regardless of varietal.

a great beer from San Francisco is Anchor Steam.  It's brewed unusually which is the tradition from west coast breweries (it's also a very old beer and brand).

i will drink any type of beer except a porter or the half beer half other stuff (like a shandy).  Ale and IPA lately but I love some lagers ambers pilsners as wel.

austrailia?  I feel like the only beer from there we get is fosters, and I don't even know if it's actually austrailian or if that's just a marketing gimmick.  What's good over there?

I've actually had some of the Anchor Steam stuff, but I've never even heard of the other breweries mentioned. I imagine it'd be the same if I started name dropping any craft/boutique breweries from Oz. 

Stone, Founders and Sierra Nevada are the main 3 US breweries that I usually look for over here, but I imagine we'll be getting more and more stuff imported from you guys in the coming years.

In terms of personal taste I started off as a lager and golden ale person (find them too boring now), but I've really developed a taste for IPAs and other hoppy pales this last year. Always loved my stouts as well.

Also, regarding Fosters it started out as an Australian brew, but it's owned internationally now. It's always mentioned as a bit of an in joke for Australians that we keep our best beer here and export our worst :P I don't think I've ever seen anybody in our country actually drink Fosters!

7 hours ago, Chris Vran said:

Also, regarding Fosters it started out as an Australian brew, but it's owned internationally now. It's always mentioned as a bit of an in joke for Australians that we keep our best beer here and export our worst :P I don't think I've ever seen anybody in our country actually drink Fosters!

Horrible stuff. Never been to Oz but I know when my brother lived there for a bit he drank Tooheys.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Horrible stuff. Never been to Oz but I know when my brother lived there for a bit he drank Tooheys.

I swerve that too to be honest! Of the big name Australian beers the only one I drink regularly is VB (Victoria Bitter), which you might see occasionally in the U.K. It's known as being a bogan beer over here though, so I really disclose that information :P

• 6 months later...