IGNORED

FC Twente Pre-season

markjazzbassist

Same here. Martina just slung in a good cross to Lennon.

Think I mistook a couple crosses for Martina's that weren't his. His one ball from the corner that he chased down from Dowell was pretty bad, but that cross into Lennon was pretty good. Then again, it was a cross into Lennon, so that doesn't inspire much confidence no matter how perfect it is.

Think I mistook a couple crosses for Martina's that weren't his. His one ball from the corner that he chased down from Dowell was pretty bad, but that cross into Lennon was pretty good. Then again, it was a cross into Lennon, so that doesn't inspire much confidence no matter how perfect it is.

Yeah my expectations are nil. He was free, meaning no one wanted him. So if he is an ok defender and ok attack I'm fine. Looks like that might be the case.

Kenny looked worse. He got beat a few times, I'd rather a solid defender with no attack than an attacking fullback that can't defend.

This is against the team that won the Dutch league despite having Steve McClaren in charge. Promising.

This for me mate. We controlled the match, our midfield I just that good.

Great for Lennon, not upto dowells goal just yet.

You can't really expect a tub thumping performance in early pre-season.

The take away from those games is that Klaassen and Rooney seem to play well together and Michael Keane looks very assured in defence.

Keiran Dowell has popped up with 2 lovely goals in 2 games and has caught the eye of the manager.

I wasn't, but I wasn't expecting dull either, to the extent that I found it hard to concentrate on anyones performanee

Fair point.

Sorry Bill!

We could maybe change it a few days later so the in the "archives" the score's recorded in the title. That'd be OK I think.

(Unless we have any members who record the whole season and "binge watch" it all in a week or two come May :P)

It all depends on what they were hoping to get out of it. The point is not to win but to test out formations, allow new players to bond, and get match-ready without injuries - and the reaction of fans is probably the last thing on their mind. I'm guessing both managers were content with what they learned.

To be fair I will have to blame FC Twente for the lack of threat that they posed the whole match. They had a free kick that hit the crossbar and after that they offered utterly nothing.

I don't know if they are a week or so behind in their pre-season but they were dismally inept all match.

I would have to guess that possession stats were at least 70% in Everton's favour.

yeah also i think we started pre-season a lot earlier than most to prepare for Europa so I think RK is taking it more serious than other managers.