IGNORED

MFK Ružomberok (Away) [Europa League Qualifier Second Leg] Thursday August 3rd

markjazzbassist

Head to a tiny stadium (5k capacity) in slovakia to take on this side. I expect the same from them, parked bus and counter. Go for the jugular right from the start and try and nab the away goal. Here is the lineup i would like

Pickford

Holgate Keane Jags Baines

Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Rooney Sandro Mirallas

Head to a tiny stadium (5k capacity) in slovakia to take on this side. I expect the same from them, parked bus and counter. Go for the jugular right from the start and try and nab the away goal. Here is the lineup i would like

Pickford

Rooney Sandro Mirallas

Happy with that lineup.

I'd be interested. In hearing comments about this lineup. I guess factors would include away setting, strategy/tactics for different formations, personnel strengths/weaknesses for this formation below.

3-3-3-1

Pickford

Jagielka Keane Williams

Davies Schneiderlin Baines

Klassen Rooney Mirallas

Sandro

I'd like to see Davies in there. I'm confident he'll work energetically and smartly both going forward and defending. If he runs out of gas, Gana in at 60 minutes. I'd want Lookman on for Mirallas by 65-70 minutes, unless Everton are ahead 2-0 and it makes more sense to bring on extra defenders to close out the tie.

Overall, is back 3 a good or bad idea, given the specific circumstances of this match?

I'd like to see Lookman start instead of Mirallas.

I was majorly disappointed with him when he came on and I'd been wanting him to come on. I thought he'd add some pace but he barely moved forward with the ball. Hopefully it was just a case of the game winding down though.

Edited by Romey 1878

I was majorly disappointed with him when he came on and I'd been wanting him to come on. I thought he'd add some pace but he barely moved forward with the ball. Hopefully it was just a case of the game winding down though.

He didn't really get on the ball that much in fairness to him. We know exactly what Mirallas is going to do and if we want Lookman to take his place in the future he needs to play in these type of games.

*Written just after the game*

Sitting in the car now so I might aswell throw my two cents into the ring. I'm pleased with tonight's result in the sense that we won but would have liked to kill the tie here and now, going to Slovakia only 1-0 up is dangerous, especially considering this lot turned around a 1-0 defeat to win 2-1 against SK Brann in the previous round.

I thought our defence was pretty solid, even though that was to be expected against a side like this, Williams looked the weak link in the centre but thankfully had Michael Keane alongside him to mop anything up, Cuco Martina to his right however looked total gash. A hindrance throughout the game and someone who has now had two bad games in two, Mason Holgate needs to be thrown back into the side pronto.

Whilst we're talking about the defence Maarten Stekelenburg deserves credit for that world-class stop deep in the second half, an away goal would have killed us so fair play to him for that.

In the midfield Gana Gueye had his usual 10/10 game with Morgan Schneiderlin alongside who looked a little rusty to me, there wasn't much creative juice in the middle of the park but hopefully that will come the nearer we get to the season, Kevin Mirallas on the wing had a decent game but seemed to float in and out of the match whilst Domenic Calvert-Lewin struggled, I'd have preferred to see Sandro up there from the start but can accept that he didn't due to a lack of fitness.

Rooney was solid if uninspirational, he made the odd good ball out around the field but didn't do anything too magic to get bums off seats, I was hoping for a goal or two from the big man but it wasn't to be.

Overall, a solid performance and a job half done but I was secretly hoping for a bit more, hopefully we get the job done in Slovakia and progress to the next round.

Pickford

Rooney Sandro Mirallas

I'm not a great one for formations, but I'd experiment with something like this...

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Klaassen Schneiderlin

Rooney

Lookman DCL Sandro

I can see this being a 451 job and breaking on the counter

Now I'm on the desktop, I'd like to see this;

Pickford

Holgate Jags Keane Baines

Davies Gana Davy Morgan Mirallas

Sandro

Go 442 if we get that first goal with Sandro coming on

Will it not be hidden behind a red button?

Can't see it being a red button job but might be wrong. Trying to plan where I'm going to watch it, so frustrating. I hope it is ITV4 and they change the listings soon. Better not be a bloody road racing series as scheduled to be on!

ITV need to change their line up, in the schedule for next Thursday they're showing the women's euro semi.

Unless it's been changed since lunch time.

Channel 4 have the women's Euros, not ITV4. ITV have updated their schedule and confirmed the game will be shown.