IGNORED

Sevilla (Home Friendly) Sunday August 6th

markjazzbassist

The players that ended the match played with more fluidity. Add in Sandro and we'd look great. Schneiderlin looks off the pace and there was no ball retention in the first half. Davies looked a bit lost too. Unfortunately Rooney and his sporadic form can't be accommodated if there's no rhythm in the team. I was encouraged by the last half hour-20 mins; Lookman and Gueye played well when they came on. We have a lot of new players so I'm not going to panic yet.

On other threads several of you have said we should not be playing 2 DCMs against Stoke. I agree, so for me that leaves Schneiderlin or probably Gana on the bench. I think Koeman should pair Davies with either Schneiderlin or Gana for the Stoke match, as Davies has enough energy to both get forward and help the (single) DCM when Stoke "attack."

Klassen did not look good today. He has to help with precise passing, but today he gave rhe ball away too often.

I guess there's some talk of Lookman going out on loan, but he can help off the bench, and starting some.

I prefer Jagielka paired with Keane.

After that game I'm not sure what's best. Don't forget this is 2 games in 2 days for Sevilla so we should have been stronger at the end.

Maybe things will click as thr season progresses but at the moment the playersame we have brought in offensively are making no difference to the ones from last season. I think it's a tactical/philosophy thing more than a player thing.