IGNORED

Sevilla (Home Friendly) Sunday August 6th

markjazzbassist

After that game I'm not sure what's best. Don't forget this is 2 games in 2 days for Sevilla so we should have been stronger at the end.

Maybe things will click as thr season progresses but at the moment the playersame we have brought in offensively are making no difference to the ones from last season. I think it's a tactical/philosophy thing more than a player thing.

I don't expect to see much improvement before Christmas.

Crazy as it sounds? If I was moshiri I'd be working on getting a new manager pipelined.

Koeman has a very Walter Smith feel about him... its like he's here but he's not here.

It's all very part time job shit this.

I'm just not feeling it.... not feeling it at all.

It's great getting in players and moshiri and Walsh are doing big things but ... I'm just not convo fed at all by koeman and his tactics.

Edited by Hafnia

Maybe things will click as the season progresses but at the moment the players we have brought in offensively are making no difference to the ones from last season. I think it's a tactical/philosophy thing more than a player thing.

I agree, I know it's early days but I've not been impressed with Rooney, or Klaasen in the first couple of games. I'm warming a lot to Sandro because of his speedy runs, great ball from Davies for his goal.

It's not surprising we don't gel and lack creativity. This always happen when a team makes wholesale changes. Is it better to bring in just 2-3 players during each window? Right now, I would be happy with playing just Pickford, Keane, and Sandro as starters and giving the others (including Rooney) time to adjust and, quite frankly, prove they deserve to be in the team. Just because players are brought in shouldn't mean they get to start automatically.

For me, the biggest example of this right now is Wayne Rooney. We'd be a lot more balanced if he started on the bench. We seem to be searching for a configuration based around Rooney instead of vice versa. No player, no matter how famous or how strong their reputation, should walk onto the team - especially if he disrupts the overall shape of the team.

It's clear we're going to struggle for the first half of the season, which is understandable. Indeed, Koeman has that reputation; he's a second-half-comes-good manager. I'm with Haf on this, though: Koeman has to prove himself as much as any of the players.

Yep, looked loads better when we brought on actual natural wide players to play in actual wide spaces!!!

There is work to be done if he wants to play Rooney, Sandro and Klaassen.

Going to be interesting to see how things pan out when the season kicks off.

Who would you prefer as manager?

Don't know. Someone who makes me feel like hes fully engaged in to the club for a start.

It's a common question on here if someone says "get rid of.....".... who would you get in?

I'll be honest.... if moshiri is about what we think then - pochetino.

Don't know. Someone who makes me feel like hes fully engaged in to the club for a start.

It's a common question on here if someone says "get rid of.....".... who would you get in?

I'll be honest.... if moshiri is about what we think then - pochetino.

There is literally zero % chance of that happening, even if the richest sheik in the world bought us- he's going elsewhere before us. Spurs fans don't exactly sing his name to the rafters either by the way.

Crazy as it sounds? If I was moshiri I'd be working on getting a new manager pipelined.

Koeman has a very Walter Smith feel about him... its like he's here but he's not here.

It's all very part time job shit this.

I'm just not feeling it.... not feeling it at all.

It's great getting in players and moshiri and Walsh are doing big things but ... I'm just not convo fed at all by koeman and his tactics.

I feel the same Haf to be honest I was saying this last season, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, I simply do not think he understands the Everton mentality or history. Remember how we went out of the league cup last year? That was when it hit home for me. I admit I may be wrong and those who think he is the best thing since sliced bread but on a poll when asked who should replace Martinez, I always chose de Boer. I am no genius (look at my predictions) BUT we are better than the results show and that is down to the tactics, which in turn comes from management.

I'll reserve judgement until after the Stoke game. Friendlies are just that and players are going through the motions trying to avoid picking up an injury.

My sentiments all last season, but why listen to me on it? I know nothing. I said before we appointed Mike Walker he was wrong for the job. I said Walter Smith was past his best, I even said Colin Harvey was a great player, a good trainer but a poor manager. But why listen to me I know nothing.

This is pre-season. For all we know, the players put 20km of high intensity work into there legs yesterday and today was about pushing fitness levels and touch with heavy legs.

There may have been some tactical areas Koeman wanted to focus on, so made the team play a specific way to try and create those scenarios. We just don't know, it's pre-season.

Season starts soon, looking forward to it.

Edited by DavisJD

This is pre-season. For all we know, the players put 20km of high intensity work into there legs yesterday and today was about pushing fitness levels and touch with heavy legs.

There may have been some tactical areas Koeman wanted to focus on, so made the team play a specific way to try and create those scenarios. We just don't know, it's pre-season.

Season starts soon, looking forward to it.

There first bit is agreed but the second isn't. Thats how we have played under Koeman since he came here.

From his post match interview you could tell that he was expecting us to hold onto the ball more as he went up to DCL.

There is literally zero % chance of that happening, even if the richest sheik in the world bought us- he's going elsewhere before us. Spurs fans don't exactly sing his name to the rafters either by the way.

Regardless.... I'm less likely to give this fella much patience.

He's had a good whack to spend - has a good squad and we still look clueless.

I'd get unsworth in if koeman isn't doing it. Something isn't right.

Who would you prefer as manager?

I know you're not asking me, Mark, but let me answer anyway: Eddie Howe.

It's all hypothetical, though. Koeman will have at least the year to prove himself, and I hope he does. By New Year last season, I was convinced he was the wrong man. When he brought through more young players and changed his mind on some things, he won back some respect from me during the second half of the season. In the end, though, it's all about what happens on the pitch. What with the Europa league and some tough early fixtures, things may not look too bright after the first six weeks. What happens after that will make or break the season, IMO.

I honestly thought Koeman's speech was written by Matinez, to some degree, it was all about how good we played to get a draw against fantastic opposition.

We need to improve greatly, and a rethink could be required.

I think that if you listen to any managers press conference they all follow the same repetitive nonsense. Some are more honest at some points than others but then less so in other places and some like to talk more than others but it's the same rubbish.

Not that I blame them, it's the same boring questions every week!

Haf - I also love potch, fair enough.

Cornish - I also love Howe. I said before the season started they are a dark horse to get top 7. Added some decent players and have a decent squad and great manager.

I'm still backing koeman, I figure 2.5 years or what Martinez got is about enough to judge.

Not with the amount of money he's spent or almost commited to.. he's done in near £200m... Edited by Hafnia