IGNORED

Glass Half Full or Half Empty?

markjazzbassist

Which are you? Could also call it the "optimist or pessimist/realist?" thread.

I spent a lot of my life being a Half-Empty/Pessimist/Realist. I have recently turned a corner in my life and decided i will be a Half-Full and optimist person. Has been very freeing lately in regards to decisions and outlook and general demeanor and candor. Yes i realize this thread might veer in the hippie pseudo-spiritual direction and i encourage that.

Half full - everything happens for a reason and there will always be something right around the corner.

In terms of Everton, I am optimistic every season. I'm not like a Liverpool fan where I think each year is our year but I am optimistic. This year there is a definite optimism around and think this is our best chance in years to win a trophy. Only position I think we are missing and Koeman admitted it yesterday was a striker. Against Stoke and other games we just seemed to miss something. I said at the time it was a striker but not just that, I think we are missing a bit of muscle in the team as well. A physical all and out and out player, who can hold the ball up go forward.

Which are you? Could also call it the "optimist or pessimist/realist?" thread.

I spent a lot of my life being a Half-Empty/Pessimist/Realist. I have recently turned a corner in my life and decided i will be a Half-Full and optimist person. Has been very freeing lately in regards to decisions and outlook and general demeanor and candor. Yes i realize this thread might veer in the hippie pseudo-spiritual direction and i encourage that.

Do you come from or now live in San Francisco, being a half full hippie.

Do you come from or now live in San Francisco, being a half full hippie.

nah from cleveland oh, lived in LA for a while and then new orleans and now back to cleveland. the hippie bit probably had to do with my "psychedelic" era of life, aka college. i enjoyed "opening my mind" pretty much not stop for about 3 years. wild times but i flunked out and had to quit the shrooms (although if they become legal some day ..... :beer: ) but have kept the mentality. love peace all that good stuff, good times. still have the long hair too, jobs and employers be damned.

When you get to be "Pater familias" of five kids and nine grandkids it can be tough; some of them (most) glass full to the brim, others a bit of flat warm stuff left in the bottom that you just have to cope with, welcome to your future guys :lol:.

Already arrived Mike, three kids and seven ( dwarfs ) grandchildren, oh and not forgetting one dog.

Every other Sunday all around grandads my class is bursting with pride, after three or four hours it quickly dilutes into despair, oh how I love my family, just not all at the same time.