IGNORED

Respect For Killa

Wigan sign Kilbane from Everton

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/5303638.stm

Kilbane played for Preston and Sunderland

Wigan have signed Everton's Republic of Ireland winger Kevin Kilbane on a three-year deal with an option for a further year.

BBC Sport understands the fee for the 29-year-old is in the region of £2m.

"I am delighted Kevin has agreed to come on board. He's another real quality acquisition for us," Jewell told the club website.

"He brings something we haven't got at the club, a naturally attacking left-footed player."

Kilbane added: "Paul Jewell is my type of manager because he likes to be close to players and I just want to join up with the rest of the squad and playing my part."

"I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone at Everton. I've had great support from everyone there and there's always a bit of you that's sad to say goodbye when you leave such a great club."

If no replacement is coming in then doesn't matter what we got it won't be worth anythng if for example we have no options on the left and we miss out on Europe cos we have VDm still injured and Mcfadden sent off or something.

48116[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly mate , i think we're looking a bit thin on the left now as VDM is unlikely to play 4 games in a row and Faddys shown his best form up front , i think he's always been way too slow to be a winger cos he gets caught 5 yards later every time he beats a man .

I also don't like seeing Arteta deployed out there , dont like right footers being used on the left and vice versa .

But fair play to Kilbane who i always had a soft spot for , bit like the great Pembo he always gave you 110% and worked his ar5e off for the team without being the most technically gifted player in the world .

You can't really knock a player who runs through brick walls for you .

All the best Killa mate . :D