"champions League..we're Avin' A Laugh"

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Kato_*

Guest_Kato_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 15:04

So what you are trying to imply by the sounds of that..is that the team that wins the Champions league should be top of their respective league or there abouts come November? :)

#42 BlueBird

BlueBird

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 15:13

If they are the best team in europe then surely!!

#43 Guest_Kato_*

Guest_Kato_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 15:16

[quote name='BlueBird' date='Nov 17 2005, 03:13 PM']

Well i disagree....its were a team is at the end of the season that counts - not in November :)

#44 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 15:45

[quote name='Kato' date='Nov 17 2005, 03:16 PM'][quote name='BlueBird' date='Nov 17 2005, 03:13 PM']

Well i disagree....its were a team is at the end of the season that counts - not in November :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

And when have you finished at the top lately?

#45 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 16:54

fuck me i'm confused, and i didn't even read all of this!

so Liverpool are the best team in Europe though not as good as Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd + Everton. They are also not as good as Burnley but they are the best team in Europe.

what very confusing thoughts.

I think best team in Europe is always going to be something that's debatable. Unless you had all the top division sides from around Europe playing some imense round robin league then it just wouldn't work.

The Champions league is a good indication and would be even more interesting if it was one big group rather than several small ones, though obviously due to the number of this games this can't really happen. Liverpool obviously showed themsevels very well in the tournament but they obviously didn't play every team and at the end of the day it's all down to what happens on the day anyway as is any football game.

Liverpool never played like the best team in Europe but i'll give credit where it's due, I expected them to lose against 3 different teams, each time they suprised me and each time I lost money on them! While I was very pissed off at losing my cash in the final and seeing the RS turn around the score line, it was certainly a very enjoyable game to watch and they showed a lot of grit and determination to win the game.

get over yourselves though as your posts about who's best really don't work! you are the champions of Europe but the Best team in Europe...THAT'S HAVING A LAUGH!

#46 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,468 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 17:11

Well i disagree....its were a team is at the end of the season that counts - not in November  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which means current positions meaningless, where you finish the season is what counts..so according to your argument Kato Everton are better than Liverpool. Glad you finally came to your senses!!
(..and nice post Wooney)

#47 rowlo-efc

rowlo-efc

Brian Labone - Last of the Corinthians!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 17:48

fuck me i'm confused, and i didn't even read all of this!

so Liverpool are the best team in Europe though not as good as Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd + Everton.  They are also not as good as Burnley but they are the best team in Europe.

what very confusing thoughts.

I think best team in Europe is always going to be something that's debatable.  Unless you had all the top division sides from around Europe playing some imense round robin league then it just wouldn't work.

The Champions league is a good indication and would be even more interesting if it was one big group rather than several small ones, though obviously due to the number of this games this can't really happen.  Liverpool obviously showed themsevels very well in the tournament but they obviously didn't play every team and at the end of the day it's all down to what happens on the day anyway as is any football game.

Liverpool never played like the best team in Europe but i'll give credit where it's due, I expected them to lose against 3 different teams, each time they suprised me and each time I lost money on them!  While I was very pissed off at losing my cash in the final and seeing the RS turn around the score line, it was certainly a very enjoyable game to watch and they showed a lot of grit and determination to win the game.

get over yourselves though as your posts about who's best really don't work!  you are the champions of Europe but the Best team in Europe...THAT'S HAVING A LAUGH!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its like saying 'everything is black - but most things are white' - Kato should get a job in Westminster with talk like that! any politician, trying to hide the blatant truth, would be proud of the argument that Kato has put across...

we are the best in europe - but there are teams out there that are better

(like the simpsons - 2yr guarantee (this is not a guarantee))

HAHAHAHA :)

#48 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,504 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 20:07

DONT KNOW WHY YOU FELLA'S WASTE YOUR TIME ANSWERING THAT IMMATURE, SMELLY LITTLE TAMPON. IF YOU DONT REPLY TO HIM, HE WILL SOON GET FED UP TALKING TO HIMSELF. :)

#49 MELLA

MELLA

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2005 - 20:38

Cant someone ban the rs.

#50 Guest_Kato_*

Guest_Kato_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 Nov 2005 - 09:40

[quote name='GoldfishMemory' date='Nov 17 2005, 03:45 PM']
And when have you finished at the top lately?

We havent finished at the top and havent done since 1990... :)
The nearest we have got to that was a 2nd place finish a few seasons back.

With the exception of your last season 4th place finish...Everton are more used to mid-table and bottom table finishes more often than none. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users