IGNORED

I Messed Up!

Louis

Hi guys, I made a bad booboo last night when upgrading the forums.

It all works again now. However I need to put on the arcade again.... Your scores have not been lost dont worry.

It should all be back online tonight..

Also I've now updated the board to the latest version to make it easier for the mods and myself ;)

If you come across any problems please post them in this post and I will check it on a regular basis throughout the day.

Also I've slightly modded it so that the pages load a lot quicker (they were 27kb and now they are 6kb!). Hopefully more improvements will be on the way.

Louis

Hi guys, I made a bad booboo last night when upgrading the forums.

It all works again now. However I need to put on the arcade again.... Your scores have not been lost dont worry.

It should all be back online tonight..

Also I've now updated the board to the latest version to make it easier for the mods and myself ;)

If you come across any problems please post them in this post and I will check it on a regular basis throughout the day.

Also I've slightly modded it so that the pages load a lot quicker (they were 27kb and now they are 6kb!). Hopefully more improvements will be on the way.

Louis

Boo Boo No. 2????

Yeah, because the new pages are 21kb smaller.. Basically for every 50 pages you have looked at on toffeetalk in the past it has been 1 megabyte for you to download.

In comparison the same number of pages is now only 300kb. It really helps out on server bandwidth issues, speeds up loading for you (it'll take ages the first time you load it up) and helps out those dinosaurs on dial up ;) .

Im reinstalling the arcade now. Any games requests?

Yeah, because the new pages are 21kb smaller.. Basically for every 50 pages you have looked at on toffeetalk in the past it has been 1 megabyte for you to download.

In comparison the same number of pages is now only 300kb. It really helps out on server bandwidth issues, speeds up loading for you (it'll take ages the first time you load it up) and helps out those dinosaurs on dial up ;) .

Im reinstalling the arcade now. Any games requests?

Ahhhhh I get it!

WOOOOOOOOOO there i fookin sh!t myself last nite n thought computer had been invaded by spyware again ( or as it's known by you lot '' getting kidnapped by the ladyboys '' :P ) .

Sites lookin swell now Louis , good work all the mods who put in the hard graft to keep the best Everton forum on the net up and running . :D

Sorry spoke too soon here Louis , i can get onto this page when i click last post info on the right but cannot access the whole load of posts by clicking on the main General Everton Discussion , off topic discussion ect ect links .

When i click on one of these the pages it loads up for a bit then at the bottom it says done but the page just stays blank hence i can only access the very last topic that has been posted on .

Anyone else having the same problem ?

Edited by Willo

Well according to what was being said yesterday if you are updating to IE7 you may as well get used to firefox cos it's a firefox clone

JUst downloaded it mate but still can't access the same forums ????????

Is my browser either internet explore ( sorry have nae got a clue what a browser is ) or mozilla now cos both still wont let me into off topic , introductions , general and evertone discussion .

Fook me this is a pain in the ar5e but any help would be greatly appreciated . :)

Try deleting all of your cookies and temporary internet files go to my computer then control panel Internet Options and then delete cookies and delete files. Not sure if that will help but it's something to try.

Cheers mate , just at my brothers now and it seems to be working ok ( if a little slow ) but back at home i tried what you suggested and it still wont load a few of the forum rooms .

Don't know what else i can do cos not really that computer literate and don't have a clue how to fix problems when they occur or even what to look at to see if there is a problem .

It seems that its just a problem with my computer at home though but i've scanned for virus's and the likes and nothing comes up . :angry:

willo mate i have the same problem i have norton internet security on my pc and the only way i can look at this site and topics is to turn it off so try turning your security/ anti virus package of but for fook sake dont forget to turn it back on before you leave this site