IGNORED

Evertonian Dies In Iraq

Louis

A marine who served for over ten years has died in Iraq after being there for two weeks.

Cpl Nowak, 27, who lived in Liverpool, was described as an outgoing and gregarious individual who would be remembered for his keen sense of humour.

Lieutenant Colonel Haydn White, Commanding Officer of 539 Assault Squadron Royal Marines said: "It is with enormous sadness that we hear of the death of Corporal Ben Nowak.

"He brought from 45 Commando Royal Marines the highest levels of professionalism, physical fitness and enthusiasm and he had an immediate and lasting impact on all those he served with.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6146844.stm

It really brings it home when it is one of your own. R.I.P

Very sad news in both the above cases. Can I also point out that there has been a third in Paul Mchale, a moderator on the blueroom, who collapsed and died whilst playing 5-a-side football just a couple nights ago. There is a sticky thread on the blueroom for anybody who may wish to leave their condolences.

RIP boys.

On Rememberance Sunday too. Condolences to all families involved.

To Ben, stag off mate, rest easy.

Were it not for the life I lead,

should it be for the life I take,

could it be for those we leave,

that I give of my most for you.

Mac &Tara.

God bless son.

On Rememberance Sunday too. Condolences to all families involved.

To Ben, stag off mate, rest easy.

Were it not for the life I lead,

should it be for the life I take,

could it be for those we leave,

that I give of my most for you.

Mac &Tara.

God bless son.

my thoughts and condolences go out to their family an freinds, rest in piece my fello blues

Mikel Arteta reserved moving words for Corporal Ben Nowak after his goal secured Everton's 1-0 win over Bolton on Saturday.

Corporal Nowak was tragically killed earlier this week while serving in Iraq and a period of silence was observed before the game.

He was well known at Everton for working with the club's youngsters.

Arteta told evertonTV: "It is not nice what happened. Also this week I lost someone from a part of my family.

"It was really hard but I have to say he will be in the heavens watching the game and enjoying it.

"If I had the chance to make him happy then I am more than pleased for him and his family."