IGNORED

The anti-Moyes Bandwagon

Louis

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigel martyn spoke volumes - Thats good enuff for me.

Cant blame him for the Teflon debacle.

Martyn had already learnt his trade before joining us thou, I doubt he could have benefited from woods knowledge

I do think someone has to take the blame for the 3 main Gk flops weve had at Everton

Simo , gerrard , wright all England 21 Gk before they joined us

Doh...Didnt realise Nigel Martyn had a career before EFC.

I meant I had heard previously Nigel Martyn give Woods COACHING decent wraps.

And that is still good enuff 4 me.

Blaming Woods is easy -> he didnt buy any of them + Simonsen was nothing but a PJ money laundering operation..

Doh...Didnt realise Nigel Martyn had a career before EFC.

I meant I had heard previously Nigel Martyn give Woods COACHING decent wraps.

And that is still good enuff 4 me.

Blaming Woods is easy -> he didnt buy any of them + Simonsen was nothing but a PJ money laundering operation..

Oh come on I didnt mean it like that darling !

you are right Woods didnt buy them....

But he destroyed them with his 1 armed press ups

I dont get it, please explain

Where as most people do press ups with two arms

Woods can do them with one

Does that explain it for you ?

I may be suggesting or questioning his training techniques are to blame, but then I am a nobody who hasnt got the badges

but thats my opinion on our coaches

Where as most people do press ups with two arms

Woods can do them with one

Does that explain it for you ?

I may be suggesting or questioning his training techniques are to blame, but then I am a nobody who hasnt got the badges

but thats my opinion on our coaches

Well I didnt know that

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I have decided I have lost all confidence in David Moyes to succeed at this club (that may be due to alcohol but I'll let that go). It's got to the point where I dread going the games to see the shite football that's served up, does he realise we pay to watch that? I have to say I will have hard feelings against Arteta if he jumps ship, he derserves to play football for a team that are allowed to attack properly without being stifled by their own manager into playing defence minded shite. Im also scared about these youngsters coming through (Rodwell, Kissock, Baxter to name a few), will he stifle their talents aswell or simply let them go to a lower league team?

I have had enough, he is making me despise the club I love with his brand of football.

Edited by Romey 1878

Tonight I have decided I have lost all confidence in David Moyes to succeed at this club (that may be due to alcohol but I'll let that go). It's got to the point where I dread going the games to see the shite football that's served up, does he realise we pay to watch that? I have to say I will have hard feelings against Arteta if he jumps ship, he derserves to play football for a team that are allowed to attack properly without being stifled by their own manager into playing defence minded shite. Im also scared about these youngsters coming through (Rodwell, Kissock, Baxter to name a few), will he stifle their talents aswell or simply let them go to a lower league team?

I have had enough, he is making me despise the club I love with his brand of football.

Harsh Mark but I do get your point he could be doing so much better with what he has, I dont think our league position would be much different tho just the style of football so I suppose using that yard stick he is doing a good job at the club.

We need to start entertaining the fans tho!

I agree its a tad harsh but he has a valid point, i cant remember the last time we completely overun an opponent by playing good football. These days we are happy to accept any points that come our way, no matter how they are achieved.

Deffo very poor footy to have to pay to watch, and it wont be accepted season after season. :mellow:

All valid but at the same time we're not being overrun by anyone now (except maybe 45mins against Blackburn). No-one has given one of the hidings that used to be a regular occurrance this season and we've got a healthy positive goal difference...only Pompey has better (by one) outside the top four. The foundation's in place IMO and if the defence stays solid then we can start playing more attractive footie, and I think we will.

All valid but at the same time we're not being overrun by anyone now (except maybe 45mins against Blackburn). No-one has given one of the hidings that used to be a regular occurrance this season and we've got a healthy positive goal difference...only Pompey has better (by one) outside the top four. The foundation's in place IMO and if the defence stays solid then we can start playing more attractive footie, and I think we will.

Totally agree mate but we take too long in turning things around, If we loose Arteta in the summer and dont spend big the foundation will begin to crumble. Its seems to be a cycle with us just as we get our heads above water the team starts to crumble because of lack of cash. It happened last time with Materazzi (spelling), Collins, Dacort & Barmby!

I'm not jumpin on no bandwagon just yet but about the attractive football comment. I'd rather win than play good and lose.

One problem is that we don't have any wingers who can run with the ball. This would then relieve some of the responsibilites of the centre mids allowing them to get forward and also gives us another dimension of attack as we won't be trying to play it long or through the middle. Just a little suggestion as obviously there are other ways of improving :)

Agreed...gotta play it out wide...play it through the middle...just play rather than hoof it forward. Not just us though, England were doing the same thing on Wednesday, only not as well as us. Think the intention is there otherwise why would DM buy players like VDM (whatever your opinion of him) and Mendes. If the team can stay together...big if perhaps..then the future's bright, the future's blue!

I have alot of respect for the way moysey has steadied the ship & we are now a team that is hard to beat, (most of the time) but we need to move forward at some point & start buying better players if we want to improve from hard to beat to hard to contain. Its good to be a hard to beat team but i don't know how many more years i can stomach paying 70 pound a week to watch us play substandard dull football.

can we stop this anti-moyes shit. we will be in europe next season, the last man to get us into europe twice was sir howard. just hope we make a better go of it this time!!

Obviously you dont sit and watch our one dimensional "football" week in week out.

If we played proper football every week Micky would be spraying the ball around like we know he can rather than sitting on the wing watching long balls go over him and dreaming of being the midfield playmaker he knows he is!

We don't have flair players in our first team outside of Arteta (I'm not including VDM or Mcfadge) and we haven't had the money to buy any. Teams who try to play good football on a budget have gone down, Norwich can testify to that. As for Hibbo, Neville,Naysmith, Stubbs and Carsley - all they know is direct pressing football. We play to our strengths and get results in the main, it's not pretty to watch but then it hasn't been for over a decade. At least now we can look to Europe instead of the Championship.

Certain points i agree and disagree with.

1st you dont need good football players in the middle of the park, I'd swap Arteta for Barton or Nolan anytime.

The last time we had good attacking football played was in the 80s, when we had a couple of hard working ball winners in the middle Bracewell and Reid, Their job was to stop the oppo midfield, win the ball, and give it to the players who could play, (Steven and Sheedy) down the wings and into the penalty area, its an easy game really.

2nd there is a distinct shortage of english players with skill enough to play on the wings, but if we spend money in the summer it has to be on wingers from home or abroad, that is where we, and a lot of other teams are failing,

The game plan and the tactics have been changed so much over the years away from the English Game, so we are now trying to accomodate foreign players, and competing against continental teams to a continental system which is completely foreign to our English players, lets return to the English way of playing.

Manure had Giggs & Beckham wide with Keane and Scholes in the mid, Chelsea Have had Duff and Robben with a couple of ball winners in the mid, Arsenal had Henry with Vierra and that little blond pigtailed fella who's name escapes me, in the mid.

Wingers will win you Titles and trophy's, but the system you play has to be the right one, DM does'nt seem to have any system at all, he just wants hard workers all over the pitch. We might not get rolled over by many teams, but at the same time we are never going to win anything, and its bloody awfull to watch.

Not really against DM because we are a bit more stable now than we where, but imo i dont think he.s the man to take us any further.

Certain points i agree and disagree with.

1st you dont need good football players in the middle of the park, I'd swap Arteta for Barton or Nolan anytime.

The last time we had good attacking football played was in the 80s, when we had a couple of hard working ball winners in the middle Bracewell and Reid, Their job was to stop the oppo midfield, win the ball, and give it to the players who could play, (Steven and Sheedy) down the wings and into the penalty area, its an easy game really.

2nd there is a distinct shortage of english players with skill enough to play on the wings, but if we spend money in the summer it has to be on wingers from home or abroad, that is where we, and a lot of other teams are failing,

The game plan and the tactics have been changed so much over the years away from the English Game, so we are now trying to accomodate foreign players, and competing against continental teams to a continental system which is completely foreign to our English players, lets return to the English way of playing.

Manure had Giggs & Beckham wide with Keane and Scholes in the mid, Chelsea Have had Duff and Robben with a couple of ball winners in the mid, Arsenal had Henry with Vierra and that little blond pigtailed fella who's name escapes me, in the mid.

Wingers will win you Titles and trophy's, but the system you play has to be the right one, DM does'nt seem to have any system at all, he just wants hard workers all over the pitch. We might not get rolled over by many teams, but at the same time we are never going to win anything, and its bloody awfull to watch.

Not really against DM because we are a bit more stable now than we where, but imo i dont think he.s the man to take us any further.

As apposed to where? :P

Do agree with a lot there Licker, but we did play some good football a few times during the 1995 season :)

But we had some good wingers then. And as you said (I read between the lines) that wingers are not the only solution. We need to get a right system and set up off players.

I don't think Moyes is capable of that but I'm more than happy to eat my words if he does. He is young and still learning though.

Still not joining the Wagon though as I'd like to see him try and we owe him that much for the joy (we have had some) and the expectations which he has raised. Hes done a good job and I'd like to see him move us on from where we are now.

StevO im sober now and I still agree with what I said.

There has to come a point in time when Moyes decides we've settled the ship and starts to play decent football and use the grass our groundsmen so lovingly prepare. Instead if that there are rumours Arteta will leave (which I think he will), and that will take us back rather than forward because Moyes will not replace him with another skillful player. And I don't beleive the shit Moyes has come out with today saying he's going nowhere, because did he not say Rooney wasn't leaving? Forgive me if im wrong but Rooney doesnt play for us anymore does he?

I know BK must take some of the blame but we spent the best part of £9million on AJ and then Moyes plays a game to him where he needs to be over 6ft. The lad spends more time jumping to win unwinnable headers. If Moyes can't see that his tactics are detrimental then I don't see him at this club.

StevO im sober now and I still agree with what I said.

There has to come a point in time when Moyes decides we've settled the ship and starts to play decent football and use the grass our groundsmen so lovingly prepare. Instead if that there are rumours Arteta will leave (which I think he will), and that will take us back rather than forward because Moyes will not replace him with another skillful player. And I don't beleive the shit Moyes has come out with today saying he's going nowhere, because did he not say Rooney wasn't leaving? Forgive me if im wrong but Rooney doesnt play for us anymore does he?

I know BK must take some of the blame but we spent the best part of £9million on AJ and then Moyes plays a game to him where he needs to be over 6ft. The lad spends more time jumping to win unwinnable headers. If Moyes can't see that his tactics are detrimental then I don't see him at this club.

fair enough mate.

but i still compare to the football ive seen us play for the last 16 or so years, and its better now than most of what ive seen in my earlier life.

and ive said before, we are still lucky to be a premiership team after the shite we have had to put up with.

and i cant think of a realistic replacement for moyes, and i do see us getting better players year on year. if we can improve again in the summer, like people have said, with wingers, the i think we would see a differnt type of football

The last ten Premier titles have been won with teams playing wingers (the english way), its wingers who provide all your good football moments, racing down the wing and sending in good crosses. And i would go as far as to say if i could buy just two players for EFC i could win the title for them. Ronaldo and Robben. If i could'nt get them i would go for Theo Walcott and .............................. aargh my minds gone blank :unsure: the young winger from Spurs.

Those two young guns are going to be the stars for Englands next world cup.

How much do i need to win on the lottery for those. :)

Edited by Licker