IGNORED

Kirkby Project Given 'preffered Status'

Louis

Interesting reading that Louis, ta. Not being local I don't know what the geographical implications are or what the feeling is among regular supporters. Be interested to hear. But seems fairly certain that it actually will happen now in the not too distant future, sad in a way but it has to be the way forward doesn't it?

Mike...

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...dr3=&addr1=

It's the white space below Valley Road. Some people don't class Kirkby as Liverpool. I do.. Some are kicking off saying that Everton is associated with Liverpool and has been there for 114 years. But let's not forget it's only 3 miles up the road. Hardly doing a Wimbledon/MK Dons are we?

Not to piss on anyones parade but where the hell is the money coming from for this?

We're getting het up about something that is still a pipe dream,albert dock anyone?

i really get the feeling this is going to be funding by other people. IE kirby giving us the land. Tescos, maybe a casion, and Planet hollywood. Meaning we would only have to find minimal funds. Think this is good and bad. Good we wont get in over our heads regarding debt again. Bad we will have to have other companies saying how we have it built and run. I just hope we go big. ie atleast a 60,000. even if we cant fill it, means we can attract england games etc.

i really get the feeling this is going to be funding by other people. IE kirby giving us the land. Tescos, maybe a casion, and Planet hollywood. Meaning we would only have to find minimal funds. Think this is good and bad. Good we wont get in over our heads regarding debt again. Bad we will have to have other companies saying how we have it built and run. I just hope we go big. ie atleast a 60,000. even if we cant fill it, means we can attract england games etc.

That'd be nice but I don't think they'll be doing the stadium rotation on England games once they finally open up the new Wembley? I personally think 60,000 is too much atm. we'd struggle to fill it. I'd go with 50k with room to expand in the future. There's nothin worse for atmosphere than a half full stadium, the intimidation factor is gone and you hand away the home advantage.

You can say that again , boom boom !!!!!!!!! :D

Agree with fozz , where the fook is all the money coming from ???????????????

Cant see this getting off the ground whilst bungling bill is in charge !!!!!!!! :angry:

Agree again with you Willo,even if we got given funding we'd need at least 30-40 million pounds..now call me cynical but we just dont have this sort of money and this is just placed into public knowledge to put us off the scent of real investment where its needed..in the team.

How did you buy your house/ Did you save up 150k and pop down Tesco?

There are always loan and investments in property deals and this one could be very lucrative especially considering the planning permissions and free land coming from the council.

The money will be there it's just whether it will be spent wisely or not.

My vote would be for Knowsley or Switch Island as both are handy for the M58, M57, M62 and M6, A59, A49, A570 and East Lancs Rd A580, as well as being linked by both the underground and overground railway lines.

Edge Lane, even when the BigDig work is finished would still cause massive traffic congestion.

Incidentally, I am now glad that the Kings Dock proposal was knocked on the head. If anybody has seen the new sports arena that is being built it is going to be a little blowy in there with the wind off the Mersey, plus with the new shopping precinct being built, Saturday and Sunday afternoons will be a nightmare around there shortly.

Just my thoughts, nothing more!