IGNORED

Tonight's Agm

Louis

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've not signed to move though, just signed a deal to investigate the possibility of a move. It's a million miles away from being certain.

I'll say it again KINGS DOCK!!!!!

Fozzie.. I reckon you're being unfair. Kings Dock fell apart because of spiralling costs - nothing the club could do afaik, they had 30m ready but the costs risen by 28m and no other partner would share the bill. EFC could not afford it and no one would offer a loan.

So why wouldn't tesco/leahy be interested in the King's Dock? It was a prime location, would figure on the famous waterfront skyline, would remain within the city, half decent travel infrastucture, space for car parking etc. And the design was out of this world. Surely they could fit a little tesco express next-door?! Serioulsy tho, why not re-investigate that location with tesco/planet h'wood etc-you'd think those companies would much prefer a location like that. There's even the albert dock to compliment it.

If it was ever the number 1 choice, it should remain that way until 100% exhausted whcih I doubt it is, rather than plump for just anywhere as this kirkby site appears to be.

Blue-tac said..........why not re-investigate that location with tesco/planet h'wood etc-you'd think those companies would much prefer a location like that.

Too late Mate, already building an Indoor Arena come Concert Hall on that site, in fact its nearly finished.

Mark - Thats a picture of Sonny Anderson! The site is a joke ;)

Kenwright said it'll take 3-4 weeks for Anderson Da Silva Franca joins us. He said at the agm (apparently) that his agent let us down because he said he would have all passport malarky sorted out.

He's cost us £700,000 and not even played.

David France collection is worth £750,000 and has not been acquired. Something's amiss.

Fozzie.. I reckon you're being unfair. Kings Dock fell apart because of spiralling costs - nothing the club could do afaik, they had 30m ready but the costs risen by 28m and no other partner would share the bill. EFC could not afford it and no one would offer a loan.

I'm far from being unfair..the truth was the CLUb didnt have the 30 mill for the project to go ahead otherwise we'd be in there now,why this project is any different than that one bewilders me.

the docks wont appeal to Tesco as Knowsley are offering £50m worth of land

The thing is with that they cant just give us the land..it would be a massive knockdown price though.

But lets recap and say this goes through (nothign at been signed of course)

1 year to get the deal through and get the land sorted..

1 year for yet another poll to be organised for the fans..though those 2 could run concurently.

1 year to get planning/goverment permission to build it..

18 mopnths 2 years to build it..

Minmum 5 years before we get in there or more likly 2-3 for BK to have breathing space as this simply wont get of the ground in the first place.

I'll say it again our big chance to move was Kings Dock we didnt have the money then (and all sorts of agencies where throwing the stuff at us) and i'm bloody sure we wont have it now.

In sort its yet another one of BK's pipe dreams that'll end in tears.

Mark my words.

even though this is only in early stages foz, we have no idea what sort of finances are being thrown our way for this. the money we'll get for Goodison may be all we would need to contribute

Cant see that mate i really cant..whats Goodison worth at most 20-30 mill?..mainly becuase of its landlocked location it wont appeal to retial park devolpers

we may be at the opposite end of the optimism scale, but i can see this coming off, what with the free land, Tescos involvement and Robert Earl isnt here just to help out his mate

The land cant and wont be free simple as that..imagine the upraor if the council just gave it away from other companys it just woint happen..heavily discounted yes but free no

well if tis part of a regeneration programme for the surrounding areas then it wouldn't be so impossible to give the land away to get companies like Tesco and Everton to invest.

even so, heavily discounted is a hell of a lot better than were getting out of liverpool council.

Think they do give it away, RENT FREE FOR SEVERAL YEARS.

Just to encourage Companies business and rejuvenate the area....Employment, Housing and such.

Aye that could be it,but if this comes off (it wont) if we're not careful we're going to land the club in massive debt that our childrens grandkids will still be seeing paid off.