IGNORED

Do You Want A New Stadium?

Andy

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a new stadium built?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

was listening to one of the local radio stations today, cant remember which, and they had an evertonian on from that independant supporters thing and he said that he, along with most of the blues he knows dont want to move purely on the basis that they dont want to move to kirby as it would destroy our roots...food for thought?i dont see the problem, liverpool moved to norway years ago didnt they!?

was listening to one of the local radio stations today, cant remember which, and they had an evertonian on from that independant supporters thing and he said that he, along with most of the blues he knows dont want to move purely on the basis that they dont want to move to kirby as it would destroy our roots...food for thought?i dont see the problem, liverpool moved to norway years ago didnt they!?

Theres a small group of people with this opinion. I dont think moving to Kirkby is that much of an issue, if some arse bandit in the council office drew the line the other side of the M57 when the council boundries were detailed we would be in Liverpool Cit Council and none of the pricks would be moaning. It makes me laugh because if they said they were building the ground up by the academy in Speke which is LCC would anyone moan? Regardless of Speke being about 8 miles from our current location and Kirkby being 3.5!

This council boundry thing realy pisses me off its about distrobution of money not city boundries. I live in sefton which incorporates formby & southport but everyone in southport wants to be part of lancashire so they aint connected to us "scousers" (dont know if this has happened yet) so which is it? and if I dont live in Liverpool because my local council is sefton and I dont work in Liverpool because the local council is Knowsley then where do I live & work and why are the addresses Liverpool, L21 & L33 respectivly?

Wankers all of them, LCC favour Liverpool FC and we will always come seccond when dealing with them so if Knowsley & Tesco want to go halves on our ground and call it fuckin Mars base then let them!

The real challenge for us is to be the first premier league team to successfully move stadia without loosing our atmosphere & building a copycat of every other "new"ground. The ground needs to be individual with steep intimidating stands overlooking the pitch, the Gwladys Street End should be kept and designated as a singing stand long before we move so people can apply for seats there to ensure we kick off our new stadium with our once famous Goodison roar.

I'm not saying this is ever going to happen it may well be more BK bullshit but putting location onto the back burner Everton need to be pioneers in transporting a football club to a better stadium designed for the fans to keep & even improve the atmosphere & matchday experience. I would be happy with a 55,000 seater smallest stadium in the league as long as it towered over the pitch and when players & managers ran out the tunnel they were met by a wall of sound that scared the shit outa them!

Acoustic engineers should play a major part in out stadium design, my tuppence for what its worth :D

There is no doubt that a new stadium is required, but why dust off the original plans that supporters did not want 9 years ago. In 1997 the club produced a handout to supporters with a planned move to a new site with 60000 seats, 12000 car park spaces, motorway access and our ‘own railway station’. Now that financial backing is available, it was just a matter of time when the move went ahead, but is this the only site option available?. As a direct comparison, Coventry’s Arena stadium was built near motorway access and has a huge Tesco store on site. There is no direct public transport (only local minibus pickups) and a railway line that runs next to the stadium but with no platform (refused by Transport Authority). If we are going to move, lets hope they get this right. The traditionalist in me wants to stay, but at what cost? Lets look onwards and upwards with bigger attendances and improved facilities. Who will gain the most from this move to Knowsley? The Everton Stadium Council Owned (TESCO). Location…Location…Location.

Evertox

All this talk seems to be getting me a bit too carried away at times but then i come back down to earth with a bump and realise that Billy liar is still our chairman and the possibility of the proposed move is a very dodgy one at most .

Call me an anti-pessimist but i've have seen too many false dawns and broken promises whilst BK has been at the top of the tree and the negative feelings in me are telling me to prepare myself for the eventual balls up of this whole ground move aswell .

I noticed whilst reading tele-text that BK mentioned at the end of the interview that '' staying at Goodison may well , in the end be the best option for Everton FC '' .

He just had to get that in at the end didn't he , in other words '' if this ground move does ( very likely ) go t!ts up then i never made any promises and have thought all along that its best to stay at Goodison '' .

Well fook that BK , i don't care how you do it but we need and need desperatly to move grounds because if you think Goodison just now looks like a sh!t heap its gonna look a million times worse when the RS have their brand spanking new 60,000 seater velodrome parked just over the road .

Edited by Willo

Thats ok...... if they move to their new stadium, we can play at anfield while Goodison is rebuilt.

BOOOOOOO, resign I say, we've been there and done that. I would rather they played on Stanley Park, or even the Vernon Sangster car park.

ATB

Mac

of course they will. Ticket prices go up and up every year, I don't bother going to matches anymore because the jump from £18 to £36 is too much for me.

A junior Tranmere Rovers season ticket was less than a single Everton adult ticket a few years back (when they were in division one).

of course they will. Ticket prices go up and up every year, I don't bother going to matches anymore because the jump from £18 to £36 is too much for me.

A junior Tranmere Rovers season ticket was less than a single Everton adult ticket a few years back (when they were in division one).

I cant afford it either the prices are fucking daft

i found this great invention its called dodgy tv and most pubs have t least one channel now so chances are on a sturday afternoon i can watch the game enjoying a pint on the cheap it is already to expensive for me now but would still pay to go (once i've paid the last of the wedding off)

but when we move to the new stadium then you will have to look at a min of £50 a game before you've had a pint which i just cant afford every other week

I really hope that we do move to the new stadium at the new proposed site.

The current location is awful. Unfortunately, the area is now run down, with many boarded up residential and business premises. There is poor parking facilities locally. The ground does not really cater for executive parties or the disabled. For example, a tent in the car park is not really executive, plus we make those less fortunate people amongst us sit practically pitch side, in all th elements with no protection. Surely the new stadium would help generate more funds with better executive facilities, and maybe an indoor style dugout along one or both sides of the pitch for the disabled faithful.

I would also like underground parking, similar to that designed in with the new Paradise Street Project precinct.

Anyway, just my ramblings!

:)

Those grounds are amazing though, and unlike liverpool, we have a clean sheet to start from

a new stadium isnt a choice -- its a necessity.

the old one cannot be re-developed as it is surrounded by terraced housing. a modern, large capacity stadium is the cornerstone of the clubs future prosperity.

i know its the panto season but unless a fairy godmother shows up and offers to subsidise the club virtually forever we have no choice but to move.

a new stadium isnt a choice -- its a necessity.

the old one cannot be re-developed as it is surrounded by terraced housing. a modern, large capacity stadium is the cornerstone of the clubs future prosperity.

i know its the panto season but unless a fairy godmother shows up and offers to subsidise the club virtually forever we have no choice but to move.

And whos the fairy godmother whos going to pay for the move in the first place?

Think we all agree we need to move but as i say again and again we dont have the cash

And whos the fairy godmother whos going to pay for the move in the first place?

Think we all agree we need to move but as i say again and again we dont have the cash

i doubt if ANY club has the cash. there is a thing called credit tho.

and thats the real issue. can it be financed?

Edited by java2001e