IGNORED

Yobo

Raccyboy

Apart from the odd lapse in concentration and subsequent howler (see opening day vs man utd) I think he has been brilliant this season. Not only does he do his own job well, he is often forced to help grandpa weir out when his lack of pace is exposed. Throw in the couple goals he's contributed this season, and he really has been invaluable.

My concern however, is that the rumours of him leaving that we saw at the start of last season, will start to surface again in the summer. He is still only 25 and will only start hitting his prime around now. I think he is about halfway through a 4-year contract with us (correct me if I'm wrong).

Most of the premiership would do well to have him in their sides, including arsenal, man utd, rs, newcastle & spurs, not to mention plenty of european clubs. I think when we first got him, juventus were also showing interest, and African players have often shone in the top clubs in the top european leagues.

Fact is, I reckon he is worth £8-10mn+, and there are plenty of clubs who can afford that and who WILL show interest in the summer.

From the player's point of view, would anyone resent him taking the opportunity of moving to a club like arsenal, juventus, real or milan, like tommy did? I think a player of his ability should have huge ambition and be looking to win things and realistically he is not at the right club for that at the moment. He needs to be able to show his ability on the biggest club stage.

From Everton's point of view, we would surely not be in a position to refuse a £10mn offer? It's a long and slow process, but we still need to boost our overall squad (both in terms of skill and size) and that sort of money could buy 2 (or 3) good players.

What are your views?

Am I overestimating his ability?

Is he only worth half of that?

Would other clubs not be interested?

Can he help Everton win trophies?

Who killed JFK?

Have to agree i think Yobo is very important to the team. He may make the old mistake but his good stuff far outweights his bloopers. Think he and Krouldrup will form the back bone of Everton for the next few years. And the sooner he plays Per the sooner we start moving up the table in my opinion.

I get the impression that yobo is starting to really enjoy playing for Everton aswell and i hope this will be the reason that will keep him here over the next few years.

I think that blues fans can appreciate yobos qualities and realise what a good player he is but i dont think he is widely regrded as a quality centre back throughout the league. i think he would only be worth £3m if we were to sell him but he is much more valuable to us than hard cash would be.

a swallow doesn't make a summer as they say - consistency is key and i'm yet to be convinced with Joey in this regard.

Yeah he is young for a centre half and he does have all the attributes that will make him a star - but let's not get carried away as he is prone to costly lapses in his concentration. If he swaps some of his ability for focus he would be one of the top centre halves in the prem - BUT he needs to address this area and become more of a John Terry/Carragher than a Rio/Titus. But yeah - he is showing some good signs

Guest fozzie22

He's far too inconsistant for my likeing..he's never come anywhere near the form he showed in his first season with us.

Worth??? 3 mill tops

Edited by fozzie22

He's far too inconsistant for my likeing..he's never come anywhere near the form he showed in his first season with us.

Worth???  3 mill tops

He's worth more than that - mistakes are bound to be made when you are also covering for your grandad.

He is great in the air (defensively) and he is always the last man putting the foot in and winning tackles.

against the skunks - ameobi was dribbling through neville, cahill etc. and yobo would step up and calmly take the ball.

I think he is a good centre back - he needs a little bit more support and little bit more nurturing but apart from that - he is as good as any CB in the prem in my opinion.

I would want at least £10m for him - otherwise forget it.

WOuld love to keep him as well.

What are your views?...............I Havent thought about it.

Am I overestimating his ability?.................................No.

Is he only worth half of that?....................................Yes.

Would other clubs not be interested?.......................Yes.

Can he help Everton win trophies?...........................Plenty.

Who killed JFK? .......................................................Not me. :lol:

With Stubbsy gone and Weir nearly at the end, i think Joey has realised he is going to be the main man, and is beginning to look a bit more settled.

Hopefully Kroldrop and Ferrari, will stick it here, that should give us some decent defenders next year.

i am a big fan of Yobo, what did we pay for him? £3m £4m???

his mistakes are getting less and less. i think playin with the experience of Weir is helping, but i noticed yesterday it was Neville who was talking him through the game. but hopefully Yobo and Per can become a long standing partnership. but dont expect to see them together for a while. Per will probably only come in when Yobo is at African Nations

shame he's going to be away for african nations for a while in January.

hopefully krodrup can come through for us by then. hopefully then by the time yobo gets back krodrup will have the experience in the league to partner yobo in the side.

I think if Krodrup can settle in to the english game well we'd have 2 very composed centre backs that can control the back line well.

Guest fozzie22
personally i think he is a top defender just needs to get rid of occasional lapses of concentration

Thats a bit of a contradiction.. :D

Nope in todays depressed market we would getno more than 3 mill for him,and lets be fair if wenger had have wanted him,he would have moved for him,as Pat rightly pointed out wenger knows his players

Im pretty sure we beat Wenger to the pot on that 1 foz & 2 be fair Wengers only real bad bye ( ex Keepers) Was Franny..

That was simply due to the French criticism they were coping @ the time & Wenger had to buy British to make a whole laod of people happy..Doubt he ever wanted really wanted him.

I no you dont rate Yobo that highly foz, something rowlo mentioned ealrier i believe has wieght i.e his partner bein a Grandad.

Think he may well XL with a solid younger partner with decent vision......Kropldrup?

he has had talks with 'europes elite' but he is determined to play for nigeria in the nations cup, and has stated 'thats when discussions stop'

champions league final stages teams want their star centre backs playing, club vs country is a big issue here when the league stops and england players get a run out. imagine the issue when yobs has to miss a month.

Guest fozzie22
he has had talks with 'europes elite' but he is determined to play for nigeria in the nations cup, and has stated 'thats when discussions stop'

champions league final stages teams want their star centre backs playing, club vs country is a big issue here when the league stops and england players get a run out. imagine the issue when yobs has to miss a month.

Good point,couldnt see the likes of chelsea and the rest putting up with it tbh

In addition to the direction the thread is taking, it should also be made known that Australia join the Asian football federation on January 1...& from Im led 2 beleive on have qualifying games for either or both of the Asian Cup & Asian games...

EDIT: The Qual games Im told are in Jan/Feb

Not sure on qual proceedings etc..expet that it's fair to sate theirs a shit load of countyr's in the Asian Conference so 1 would only imagine a haevy or lengthy campaign's involving @ least group stages ahead for 1...already Club v country brewing storm that will no doubt hit the roof again...veesavee..Tim Cahill.

Hypothetically to loose Yobo & Cahill for any time during Jan/feb must be of huge concern?

It is 2 Pat.

Edited by PatV