IGNORED

Club Statement

MikeO

StevO posted this in the Everton v Chelsea thread but I think it needs its own.

CLUB STATEMENT

In the wake of Sunday's Premiership game against Chelsea at Goodison Park we wish to jointly condemn the post-match comments of Jose Mourinho relating to Andrew Johnson.

To publicly question the integrity of a player of Andrew's professionalism and honesty is not only wholly unacceptable and quite possibly defamatory but also, in our opinion, highly damaging for both Club and player.

We would urge the footballing authorities to look closely at Mr Mourinho's comments and then, perhaps, seek a formal explanation.

Both Everton Football Club and Andrew Johnson have always believed in the virtues of fair play and we would ask Mr Mourinho to immediately retract his allegations.

Everton Football Club and Mr Anthony McFarlane (Andrew Johnson's representative from BaseSoccer).

Quite right, about time something was done officially about that prick, he gets away with murder. Adrian Chiles on MOTD last night summed up the disbelief at the mans hypocrisy..."Give him a DVD of Drogba's diving for Christmas...it'd go on for three hours."

Edited by mikeo

Great stuff, wondering when the club was going to come out and back him, see my letter in the Everto Vs Chelski match thread.

He should be crucified for this, cos we all know People in Glass houses................................

And the FA would stop every other Manager who fancies having a go at AJ. Interested to see if they've got the Bottle to take on Jose, or will the shithouses just put out a little statement of their own, Calling for managers to watch what they say about other teams & their players.

mourinho is an asshole!

drogba admits that he dives. he considers it part of his game. he retracted it later under orders from the club but thats hardly convincing. and he's not the only chelsea player who does.

Drogba diving storm 26 March 2006

http://news.viewlondon.co.uk/Drogba_diving...m_17078537.html

"Chelsea striker Didier Drobga has insisted that he doesn't dive after admitting to during an interview.

The Premiership leaders have been fighting off claims about their players after Newcastle defender Robbie Elliott was sent off for a challenge on Shaun Wright-Phillips in which the Chelsea winger was not touched.

Their case has not been helped by an interview Drogba carried out for Match of the Day last night, in which he admitted that he dived.

"Sometimes I dive, sometimes I stand," Drogba said, before correcting himself by saying, "no, I don't dive.""

Edited by java2001e

Thinking about this in bed last night getting too wound up to get to sleep (sad eh :unsure: ). The truth of it is that there is no way, from what? Fifty odd yards away, that he could tell whether it was a penalty or a dive or avoiding action...he could have absolutely no idea of the truth when he jumps up and rants like a lunatic. Turnit around...if it had been a Chelski striker going down and no pen given he'd have immediately, again without any chance of knowing the reality, have been up ranting like a lunatic because he was being cheated. The man's delusional...serious persecution complex...he needs help.

I wish you guys the best with this action. It's time AJ's name was cleared.

Steve Bruce started all this a couple of years ago when Matthew Upson twice hacked AJ down for pens. The lad never won a penalty for Palace again, and I'm pretty sure that things will be the same for you guys since your game with Sheff U and Warnock chucking his toys out of the pram.

Mourinho is a grade A knob. He's lost it big time with his quotes lately - this caps it all off. He should withdraw his comments.

So far no one seems to have mention that AJ got straight up to get on with the game afterwards.

So far no one seems to have mention that AJ got straight up to get on with the game afterwards.

Thanks for that eagle. DM has mentioned it but it's a very important point. It may be slightly dodgy ground like you say fish but if it went to a court of law (which it obviously won't) the evidence would clearly show that DM is stating a fact while Mourinho is talking shite. Case closed m'lud.

Edited by mikeo

Not the end of the world IMO. Huge attention has been drawn to the fact that he's a wanker. Talk about AJ being embarrassed...he's been exposed as a complete fool, and a stubborn one at that. Thing to do when you've made such a stupid mistake as he has is to cut your losses and apologise...takes a man to do that, he obviously isn't one. Confidence is a virtue, complete blind arrogance is not. I'd be ashamed if I were a Chelski fan because they all know the truth too.

too true that it is to influence the refs. when a ref is thinking of giving a pen against Chelsea they will start thinking about the crap Jose will say about them.

its a shame our refs arent strong enough for the game.

ex players for refs maybe?

this incident seemed to me; jose thought AJ dived, kicked off about it when it happened, he would look "weak" if he admitted he was wrong. so lets jump on the AJ is a diver band wagon.

anyone see the back pages today? Jose was sat behind DM at the Fulham match, wonder if any words were exchanged?

Its easy and it costs nothing to say sorry, but the Damage and over exposure to AJs name and honesty is not so easily repaired.

If Elton John or Paul McCartney was spoken about like that, there would be a multi million lawsuit for "Defamation of character" landing on his desk, he shouldnt be allowed to get away with it so easily, but as usual the FA HAVE CHICKENED OUT, can anyone tell me exactly, what it is the FA actually do. ?? Wankers.

Okay it is nice to see him apologise after the amount of pressure both Everton as a club, the fans and the press put on Mourinho, but it nicer to see he has made a fool of himself, despite the video evidence and basic facts and he kind of acknowledges that. Fool!

:)