IGNORED

Not Wanting To Tempt Fate...

fcssl

I am just watching Football First on Sky Sports for todays fixture (Reading v Everton)...

I am well impressed with our current form. We are looking strong, positive and well gelled.

'Lil Leon Osman had a stormer of a game, hitting the cross bar on a half volley shot, McFadden and Johnson looked very sharp and Lescott was his usual strong-self.

McFaddens goal and interaction with Johnson was just world class. So nice to see the blues playing an attacking game rather than defensive.

Tim Howard also made several outstanding saves, underlining the fact that we really do need to sign him as a permanent player ASAP.

This current squad, although small, can mix it amongst the best (as we saw last week). With the reintroduction of Cahill imminent, we stand a good chance of a very good league position at this rate. Lets just hope that the current run of form and style of play continues...and that Moyes contradicts his lates press release and signs a couple of quality signings to bolster the current squad.

Just another quick point...it was amazing that we managed to fill the whole of Readings stadium, at least seemingly so, because it was only the travelling blue faithful that you could hear singing the DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR, ANDY Johnson, DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR, ANDY Johnson, and "its a grand ol team" throught the fixture. Nice to see our away supporters are still going strong.

Well done blues!

:D

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

Just another quick point...it was amazing that we managed to fill the whole of Readings stadium, at least seemingly so, because it was only the travelling blue faithful that you could hear singing the DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR, ANDY Johnson, DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR, ANDY Johnson, and "its a grand ol team" throught the fixture. Nice to see our away supporters are still going strong.

Well done blues!

Our away support is immense, we always take a lot where ever we go

Bit embarrased by the wankers taking their tops off, THAT IS NOT Everton

Our away support is immense, we always take a lot where ever we go

Bit embarrased by the wankers taking their tops off, THAT IS NOT Everton

lighten up, its a long way to go to awtch the blues, and it was a great result.

that is not Everton? :huh:

what exactly is Everton? i must have missed the code that says "Evertonians must not remove their shirts, as that is only done by fat geordies!"

Would personally have preferred it if some of the women had got their tops off, but that's life.

On the original post I think at full strength we'd give anyone a game, and if we get lucky with injuries top six is very possible. Think maybe the top four are as good as gone now...but you never know if either Arsenal or Liverpool might hit a dodgy patch again.

Edited by mikeo

we have looked decent lately ...

but sooner we get rid of carsley the better, he's a liability

Don't agree with this at all, I think he is the most undervalued player in our squad. Is it a coincidence that we were freely leaking goals last season when he had the lengthy injury or the way we fell apart against Wigan this season after he was substituted.

He may be getting on a bit now but he must play until we find someone strong to play that holding role in the midfield (possibly Nolan/Barton but I could be pipe dreaming)..

Well done blues!

As always my good man, the away support are a special bunch :D

Don't agree with this at all, I think he is the most undervalued player in our squad. Is it a coincidence that we were freely leaking goals last season when he had the lengthy injury or the way we fell apart against Wigan this season after he was substituted.

He may be getting on a bit now but he must play until we find someone strong to play that holding role in the midfield (possibly Nolan/Barton but I could be pipe dreaming)..

i personally think hes last to everything and ball watches.... he looses track of too many players and isnt quick enough to target the weak areas.... cost us chelsea, could have cost us reading...theyre just 2 recent games...not the only ones, im just makign a point of 2 good team performances that were/could have cost us the game

but we'll agree to disagree

nolan is more of an attacking midfeilder, but i do agree that either of them would be great here but i agree with crac, hes made one too many mistakes and is gettin on, Everton need young talent

what exactly is Everton? i must have missed the code that says "Evertonians must not remove their shirts, as that is only done by fat geordies!"

I think youve answered your own question!!!

Lets do our own thing

We' all be going the match with 10 thousand badges on our tops next

What is "our thing" as far as I can remember we don't have a thing. It would be a good idea to get our own thing and a good start with would be have a sense of humour and not be footie snobs. As if getting your kit off at the match is beneath us, At the Derby Milk cup final no-one moaned when that lass with the big jubblies got them out and waved them around for the delictation of all.

ATB

Mac

I completely agree with Mac (and several others in this thread). Regardless of the fact that they took their tops off, I do not think that it matters in the slightest...they are loyal supporters who follow our club around the country and sometime the world, and for that they should be credited.

Plus, if somebody is filled with that much enthusiasm and warmth with a hard earned victory AWAY FROM HOME!!!, so what if they take their tops off

Okay, climbing off my cheap soap box now! lol

:)