IGNORED

The Medical Team Is In!

MikeO

Valente is a top player when he´s fit!

each to his/her/their own, ive never liked him and i dont think i ever will as a player, too erratic with his performances

wenger is probably the best, but he has the whole "extreme scouting" thing going on. i think giles grimandi is their head scout now (anyone remember him) Though he does get criticised by arsenal fans for not signing experienced players. and id say that jeffers and reyes were both poor signings.

reyes is a top drawer player, i think he just lacked motivation and didnt fit into their style of play, plus when he heard real madrid wanted him,he was adamant that he wanted to go

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he buy Beckham and Ronaldo? Hardly lit up La Liga when they played for Real.

Edit* On about Vicente Del Bosque by the way :)

Also Arsene Wenger...Wright?!? Cygan?!?

There was an interesting article about players who Arsne signed and made it at Arsenal and who they gave up on. Was quite interesting and certainly showed he made a few mistakes...

Edited by TrueBlue

he bought beckham,a week after he got told to go because there was a big rift in the backrooms (nothing to do with beckham though), i wouldnt mind but the guy had just won the champions league and la liga and he gets told to fook off, thats what does my head in about them, theyve had about 8 managers since then, and you never know, had he stayed,beckham might have been an astute signing for them

each to his/her/their own, ive never liked him and i dont think i ever will as a player, too erratic with his performances

reyes is a top drawer player, i think he just lacked motivation and didnt fit into their style of play, plus when he heard real madrid wanted him,he was adamant that he wanted to go

[/quote

reyes is a good player, but he didnt perfom for arsenal, therefore he must be considered a bad signing for arsenal.

Also Arsene Wenger...Wright?!?

you could say the same thing about moyes, dickie was our 5th signing under him!

reyes is a good player, but he didnt perfom for arsenal, therefore he must be considered a bad signing for arsenal.

sorry mate,must have interpreted it wrong, yolu said he was a poor signing for arsenal so i just saw at you thought he was a poor player in general,ill agree he never really did for them but hes still a good player, didnt they use him as a striker mostly? i see him more of a winger either way,thats his strongest position imo

you could say the same thing about moyes, dickie was our 5th signing under him!

I am, but it means he made the same mistake as a manager 'they' consider to be the best manager for buying players.

I don't see it myself, how anyone can go on about bad signings. Every player someone buys is a gamble, of course there is going to be the odd bad one.

Not every tin of beans and sausages contains 8 sausages :huh::P

I am, but it means he made the same mistake as a manager 'they' consider to be the best manager for buying players.

I don't see it myself, how anyone can go on about bad signings. Every player someone buys is a gamble, of course there is going to be the odd bad one.

Not every tin of beans and sausages contains 8 sausages :huh::P

pity, the sausages were always nicer than the beans :o

seriously though, thats a fair point, but moyes never gets out there to find out, not as much as i,and possibly a few others would like

and if you want to think about a manager who has made poor signings just look at mcclarren. He pissed money away. £8m on Maccarone who was probably not even worth £1m and then released on a free. also mendieta, many many many awful signings.

at least Moyes doesn;t waste large amounts of money on shite (and i do realsie that middlesbourough have large amounts of money at their disposal but they have still spent and bought poorly)

and if you want to think about a manager who has made poor signings just look at mcclarren. He pissed money away. £8m on Maccarone who was probably not even worth £1m and then released on a free. also mendieta, many many many awful signings.

at least Moyes doesn;t waste large amounts of money on shite (and i do realsie that middlesbourough have large amounts of money at their disposal but they have still spent and bought poorly)

Wouldn't say Mendieta was a poor signing at all. Cost Lazio about 30mil and boro picked him up for buttons. I got a few boro fans from time spent up there and they worshipped the ground when they won their 1st bit of silverware and its only cos of a string of injuries and a bust up he left.

Wouldn't say Mendieta was a poor signing at all. Cost Lazio about 30mil and boro picked him up for buttons. I got a few boro fans from time spent up there and they worshipped the ground when they won their 1st bit of silverware and its only cos of a string of injuries and a bust up he left.

fair enough, but my point is that if they had invested the money more wisely imagine the squad they could have had. They should be top 6 every year with the money they have available, they have got a few good players and it wouldn't take much to fill the gaps in their squad. can't help feel that they could have improved their squad alot more with the mone they spent

I agree, they made too many gambles but what would have happened if they paid off? The players they bought were 'valued' at that price, Inter was in for Maccarone (and again my mates loved him, think it was out of pity tho) so he must have had some potential, probably another Jeffers incident though.

They have signed some shockers tho, most notably Doriva.

doriva... haha, he was a joke.

its just reminded me of another poor manger player buying wise, Ian "fat eyes" dowie. what did he do pre-season with charlotn?

bar bent i cant think of anyone in charltons squad i would want, it must be horrible to support them right now, a real uninspiring squad, just like ours 8ish years ago.

ill agree with that, him and rochemback are or were, depending on how you see it, quality players

fair enough. im not a huge fan, but each to their own.

thought it was so funny was les reed compared Andy Reid to Puskas

WHAT?!?!

:o wow!id say i must have been in cuckoo land when he said that, but i cant have been because that quote belongs there!