IGNORED

Roy Keane Is Signing! Announced To Players

Hafnia

can't name source but it is from someone who knows someone who works bellefield - and I know - you can never be sure - but the person who told me is a mate and a is a staunch Liverpool fan. i for one am optimistic - if it happens I will look like i'm in the know! - if it doesn't I will look like an idiot.

I heard from this source a week ago that Neville had already told players that keane was very interested. Makes sense - he will be on massive pay off from United (£5million rumoured) and he can stay at current address

Firstly - I would be very happy if he joined us.

But... it would have to be on our terms - I dont want him thinking that he is bigger than the club and that he can call the shots. becuase this aint United!! He hasn't joined us yet and already he seems to us in his pocket - keeping us hanging on whilst HE makes up his mind.

Our option is simple - sign for x amount a week and you play here, train here and you dont have to sell your house.

You have to sign by xx/xx/xx date or the deal is off.

If you dont like the terms, the deal is off - then you can go to West Ham or Madrid, try to sell your house and relocate your entire family for a seasons worth of football. Roy, its up to you!

Secondly - he is going to have to take a pay cut wherever he goes - nobody is even going to contemplate giving him half what he earned at United. Hes not worth it - why do you think that they sacked him?

Cahill and Arteta are on £33,000 a week - Roy will do well to get around that figure. He is 34 yrs of age - and what was Moyesy's excuse to Pistone, Weir and Fergie when he cut their pay?? Age! - SO giving keane top money will upset the apple cart.

As I said, would love him to come, we need him - but its got to be on our terms or forget it!

I'm a staunch Blue and every now and then you come across a decent Red, (very seldom)

The info I read came through on an e/mail that was sent to him by this person who is very pally with the players due to his position in the club. That's a fact - i'm telling you that one first hand.

I sent this info even after news reports came through saying Everton had pulled out, now today on City FM, they stated that it is just us and Bolton left in the chase. However I for one have seen many sure things fail as a blue fan - and no one can say for sure a player will come to us till their name is on the dotted line (Sissoko?). If i am wrong, I will take this as a lesson, but this is what the site is here for. I would be wrong hear something off a reputable source and not share it with y'all.

If Roy Keanes situation was a case study - at least 90% of the people would pick us ahead of Bolton - that's gotta be a certainty. No disrespect to Bolton - they are a solid team and allardyce has done great things there and they are enjoying great times - I can't see keane choosing to play for them with their style, distance to travel, fan base etc.

I honestly think it will happen and I hope that the way Keane is as a person will be productive rather than counter productive. He certainly seems to know how to get players running through walls on the pitch - do you think we would have lost in the manner we did at WBA if he was there?

Let's wait and see eh.....

I'm a staunch Blue and every now and then you come across a decent Red, (very seldom)

The info I read came through on an e/mail that was sent to him by this person who is very pally with the players due to his position in the club.  That's a fact - i'm telling you that one first hand.

I sent this info even after news reports came through saying Everton had pulled out, now today on City FM, they stated that it is just us and Bolton left in the chase.  However I for one have seen many sure things fail as a blue fan - and no one can say for sure a player will come to us till their name is on the dotted line (Sissoko?).  If i am wrong, I will take this as a lesson, but this is what the site is here for.  I would be wrong hear something off a reputable source and not share it with y'all.

If Roy Keanes situation was a case study - at least 90% of the people would pick us ahead of Bolton - that's gotta be a certainty. No disrespect to Bolton - they are a solid team and allardyce has done great things there and they are enjoying great times - I can't see keane choosing to play for them with their style, distance to travel, fan base etc.

I honestly think it will happen and I hope that the way Keane is as a person will be productive rather than counter productive.  He certainly seems to know how to get players running through walls on the pitch - do you think we would have lost in the manner we did at WBA if he was there?

Let's wait and see eh.....

here here

Well said Hafnia - this is what the forum is here for - to post rumours and churning up discussion - so shouldn't knock you for it, even if he doesn't sign in the end. I must admit I tend to put as much creedence if not more on these types of rumour as I do those lazy journalists write.

It's always wise I think to ignore the press speculation completely, they can (and do) print what they want without anything to lose. The bookies however stand to lose if they get it wrong so are in my opinion a much better guide to what's really happening, and with Paddy Power we've shortened again to 4-7 with Celtic at 2-1 and Bolton 4-1. Still won't believe until it's a done deal !

NOT BLAMING YOU HAFNIA........

But with all these good sources and done deals thats coming here, by the time jan 31st comes around we should have signed.......................

Robbie keane

Roy keane

David nugent

Lee trundle

Anti Niemi

Uncle tom cobley and all.

AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS WHO I CANT REMEMBER NOW. So as not to get too worked up about it, i'm just going to wait and see what happens.

Cahill and Arteta are on £33,000 a week - Roy will do well to get around that figure. He is 34 yrs of age - and what was Moyesy's excuse to Pistone, Weir and Fergie when he cut their pay?? Age! - SO giving keane top money will upset the apple cart.

apparently, the club will match that money (33k) and kenwright and woods will double it from their own pocket (gregg doesnt want him)

he would then take over jimmy as coach in the summer