IGNORED

No Signings At All Imo

toolio

Thats what I´m saying!Buying for the sake of it,Wecan´t afford to waste money on crap squad players!Or to pay over the odds for average players.Moyes wanted Barton,but Barton didn´t want to go,ask for the others they are dross!

i don;t see the point of us "enquiring" for Barton, we should have put a firm bid on the table. We knew he had a 5.5m clause, at least put a bid in. its all well and good sniffing around a player but if we don't actually bid for them then we wont get them.

Rooney said we wanted to stay until Man Utd put a bid in for him.

of course Barton will say he wants to stay, if he said we wanted to leave (like he did before) he'd have the fans on hios back.

Doom,gloom moan gripe,we are a cheerfull lot aren´t we?Come on then who should we have bought?Who was for grabs at the right price for the quality that we so needed?

I for one trust Moyes,if a player was there he really wanted he would have got him.But to buy for buying sake when the big sale starts in 4 months time would be foolish.

I agree if the players are not there that he wants them don't spend money for the sake of it however and a big however you don't sell players from an already small squad if you not got replacements signed sealed and delivered.

As I have said on another topic didn't mind no new signings coming in but then don't release 'squad' players

Doom,gloom moan gripe,we are a cheerfull lot aren´t we?Come on then who should we have bought?Who was for grabs at the right price for the quality that we so needed?

I for one trust Moyes,if a player was there he really wanted he would have got him.But to buy for buying sake when the big sale starts in 4 months time would be foolish.

The problem isnt really that we havnt bought anyone, that would have been absolutely fine if we hadnt let players go. We have now let 4 players go (Killa, Weir, Hughes and Davies) with only one coming in (Fernandes - waiting for clearance). Where is the logic in that when our squad had no depth to begin with.

debts being consolidated does not mean they dont need paying mate! there is still replayments to be met, and we are not running at a profit. £10m loss last year

Operating profits before player trading were 3.1M which is up on the previous year, despite the fact we finished several places lower in the league. We have significantly improved on the commercial side and have reduced the net interest we were paying on our debts by mortgaging it against gate receipts. The repayments are manageable now and reported debt now stands at 21M a large improvement over the 45M which was cited 2 years ago.

In respect to buying new players, we should be firmly looking at Big Bill. He obviously has no money or no wish to invest heavily, possibly both, either way it's not good. One thing we can count on is he won't be giving up his mantle without a struggle. The fact we now expect a top 10 finish shows how far we have come but until he goes we'll continue treading water with Moyes getting the best out of average players.

I cant believe hes let hughes go aswell, hes lost the plot

Moysey reason for letting him go...........................

"Mark was a very good lad to have around the place," added the manager. "But he wanted to be playing and we felt it was right for him to move on.

"We wanted what was best for him and he has got a chance to get some experience.

"A couple of clubs had come in but he felt Northampton was the best one.

"We wish him all the best because he is a great lad and we enjoyed having him here."

:blink::blink::blink:

Has he not heard of letting players go out on loan.!! Idiot.

dont just moan for the sake of it lads! hughsey was only a young lad and unless there exceptional like lescott you need experience and maturity to be a good center half..

if theres no more injuries between now and end of season we will cope well...lets face it there was no one really out there who we could have got.

who was there out there that we should have got? let us no a cant think...

Sending him out on loan would have been dangerously close to common sense.

Good to see DM managed to avoid that trap.........again.

Couldnt agree more I had just read that on the site myself

The same thought was going through my head LOAN !

He tried to make out he did the lad a favour

dont just moan for the sake of it lads! hughsey was only a young lad and unless there exceptional like lescott you need experience and maturity to be a good center half..

if theres no more injuries between now and end of season we will cope well...lets face it there was no one really out there who we could have got.

who was there out there that we should have got? let us no a cant think...

I think if we were ambitious enough why not have gone for upson ourselves

all the players signing for west ham are making a huge mistake don't you think ?

He didnt sign Boughera cos the lad wanted to play at centre half but Moysey wanted him to play midfield, then to let any cover go when Weir had already gone is crazy.

So if he had signed Bougherra for midfield, what about Da Silva And Fernandez.

Two centre halfs have gone, so I'll replace them with three Midfielders. :blink::blink:

Moyseys reasoning absolutely baffles me, it really does.

Edited by Licker

I think it's obvious that Moyes never felt that Hughes would be good enough for the first team. He's got to be allowed to make that decision. If he actually rated him he would have let him go out on loan - he's put plenty of other players out on loan. Just cos he's saying nice things about him now he's left doesn't mean he actually rates him. He's hardly gonna say he's a load of shite and never would have made it at Everton - what would be the point?

i put this post up on another thread but due to the topic of conversation it may be more apropriate here:

i'm sick of this, the chairman has no money to fund the club, so he should not be there, he's just a kid in a sweet shop. It's about time we stopped moaning and unite as evertonians and take some sort of a stand against this idiot, and try by any means neccesary to get this man away from our club as soon as possible, and he can take that clueless ginger twat with him as well, it's going to be another quiet window and the same 5 year old excuses of "we looked but nothing was there" well they can both fuck off, because i've had enough.

anyone agree?