11 replies to this topic

#1 Simon

Simon

I Am The Most Swashbuckling Swashbuckler, imo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 03 Feb 2007 - 23:55

i'm really not into this idea of aj up front on his own, it's just a waste, he's going to end up like beattie before long ie a shadow of his former self.he needs a partner.

anyone agree?

#2 Andy

Andy

We Are Venom...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 00:30

i concur, never been a fan of 1 up front in general, always though AJ would play much better and score more goals bouncing off another forward, look at today for instance,we put it a couple of decent through balls in for him but took him away from the box,and there was just no one there to support him

#3 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 00:49

Games like this it is acceptable,we needed all ahnds on deck & until we have a Genuine Game Bossing Central MF player this will happen against the better teams.

I would however like to agree that for other fixtures I would like to see us expand a little bit.

#4 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,234 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 13:23

Games like this it is acceptable,we needed all ahnds on deck & until we have a Genuine Game Bossing Central MF player this will happen against the better teams.

I would however like to agree that for other fixtures I would like to see us expand a little bit.

I totally agree with that, spot on.

I know Johnson mainly played upfront on his own at Palace but their midfield was quite pacy and so therefore could support him quickly. At Everton the only place we have any pace really is in defence, and that's no help to AJ.

#5 Heather_6

Heather_6

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 13:28

Yep i agree. he needs anichebe, vaughan or even beattie to play next to him. ditch osman to the bench- hes too lightweight

#6 Robo

Robo

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 14:09

yes i would play beattie upfront with him

#7 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 14:18

Spot on, but I think moyes likes it. Dont forget chelsea play a similar system, but Dogba is a different type of player

#8 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 15:49

johnson does well to play upfront on his own but gets to lonely up there needs someone with him. maybe groom cahill into a striker? rather have him then beats or vic/vaughn

#9 Dunny the Blue

Dunny the Blue

Ian "Dunny" Dunstan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 19:56

Id throw Beatts in there cos i think he plays well off him when goin forward.

#10 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,037 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 23:00

cant agree myself, i think AJ upfront on his own suits him, and it gives Cahill the freedom to do what he does best.
the way i see it AJ and Cahill are our two best attacking options, dont forget our great start to the season was played this way, until AJ lost form and Cahill got injured

#11 Sickboy

Sickboy

Duncan McKenzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2007 - 23:57

Yeah id rather have cahill playing off AJ & having that freedom, than have beattie mincing about the place getting in people's way.

#12 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2007 - 10:32

i reckon with a bit of time anichbe and johnson will make a good partnership. reckon that young victor will hold the ball up well and allow johnson to do what he does best and use his pace rather than get stuck in the corner all game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users