IGNORED

Benitez's Explanation

Most definately.

Always thought it was blown way out of proportian (no jokes please from Liverpool fans) and it didn't help with the media whipping it up into nothing.

Also didn't help the majority of Liverpool fans making a stance and implying he meant it and they completely agree then posting there opinion on the matter everywhere.

(Although it could also have been a mind game by Rafa, so if thats the case most definately drop the whole small club thing. We know the truth and if Liverpool fans want to kid themselves, fine by me.)

Edited by TrueBlue

Most definately.

Always thought it was blown way out of proportian (no jokes please from Liverpool fans) and it didn't help with the media whipping it up into nothing.

Also didn't help the majority of Liverpool fans making a stance and implying he meant it and they completely agree then posting there opinion on the matter everywhere.

(Although it could also have been a mind game by Rafa, so if thats the case most definately drop the whole small club thing. We know the truth and if Liverpool fans want to kid themselves, fine by me as they do that already about winning the Premier League.)

Your last paragraph, isnt us kidding ourselves, its called ambition something your club doesnt have :P

Your last paragraph, isnt us kidding ourselves, its called ambition something your club doesnt have :P

Sorry, I thought that might cause a bit of an aguement so took it out hoping no one had read it.

But, its kidding yourselves to be fair. Ever since 2000 all I've heard is "We'll win this season" and every year you fail.

Even an ex-Liverpool player mentioned that blues came up to him and even shock his hand when he played for Liverpool. Went on to say that majority of people he met in Liverpool were Blues. Can't remember who tho but it weren't that long ago.

edit* got lost half way through that sentance then and made a school boy error lol :huh:

Edited by TrueBlue

Even an ex-Liverpool player mentioned that blues came up to him and even shock his hand when he played for Liverpool. Went on to say that majority of people he met in Liverpool were Blues. Can't remember who tho but it weren't that long ago.

edit* got lost half way through that sentance then lol :huh:

You said Reds, why retract the truth :lol:

He wasnt insinuating anything, like Arteta and many players before both of them he was stating facts that the people he met on the street were in general blue! :rolleyes:

Agreed, that is what Moyes said and on that basis he said that Everon seemed the club of the people's in the city (I assume rather than the glory hunters from outside the city). Knowing how much that wound the reds up I guess we accepted it as out new 'nickname' and the club took it on board realising what a stroke of marketing genius it was.

the RS player was Souness who said it in an interview in the last 12 months or so.

The Echo did a survey a few years back of fans who actually went to the games and confirmed that there was a larger percentage of blues than reds who lived within the city but I don't think the margin wasn't as big as we'd like to believe.

With regards to the spaniard's comments, I think he is backtracking because he now feels a bit foolish (and for LFC he didn't say "smaller" he said "small" there's a difference). I think we could let it lie but he personally will be reminded every time the RS fail to beat a club outside the top 4 or play a counter attacking game which they were so adept in doing in 'that' season.

Wheher we choose to or so, I don't think we've heard the last of this "small" affair!

Agreed, that is what Moyes said and on that basis he said that Everon seemed the club of the people's in the city (I assume rather than the glory hunters from outside the city). Knowing how much that wound the reds up I guess we accepted it as out new 'nickname' and the club took it on board realising what a stroke of marketing genius it was.

the RS player was Souness who said it in an interview in the last 12 months or so.

The Echo did a survey a few years back of fans who actually went to the games and confirmed that there was a larger percentage of blues than reds who lived within the city but I don't think the margin wasn't as big as we'd like to believe.

With regards to the spaniard's comments, I think he is backtracking because he now feels a bit foolish (and for LFC he didn't say "smaller" he said "small" there's a difference). I think we could let it lie but he personally will be reminded every time the RS fail to beat a club outside the top 4 or play a counter attacking game which they were so adept in doing in 'that' season.

Wheher we choose to or so, I don't think we've heard the last of this "small" affair!

We haven`t heard the last of it, as a Liverpool fan, I don`t think he meant it in the way that the media sell it. But, the reaction to it was amusing, why would Everton fans (and manager and board) react like that if it didn`t hit a nerve.

unfortunately these days everything gets sensationalized, blown up by the media beyond all proportion and sirals out of control, so now benitez has to issue some sort of explaination

Even david moyes said liverpool are a bigger club than Everton, AM I BOVVERED THOUGH

By reacting to these this we add credance, we should just brush the comments under the comments as the drivvel from a disappointed manager who cant get the best out of a 70 million pound team

We haven`t heard the last of it, as a Liverpool fan, I don`t think he meant it in the way that the media sell it. But, the reaction to it was amusing, why would Everton fans (and manager and board) react like that if it didn`t hit a nerve.

Have to disagree, he knew exactly what he was saying and repeated it in three different interviews. I think he was frustrated at Everton's tactics and lashed out, understandable in a way but as a Manager of a 'big' club he should have had more grace. We all have a go at Mourinho for being a sore loser but the Spaniards comments have show himself to be in the same category.

As for hitting a nerve, of course it would, just as it would if SAF or Jose said that Liverpool were a former top club throwing good money after bad in an attemt to regain that long awaited championship (or whatever you would currently regard it as). There's a taste of the truth in there but you wouldn't like to hear it from another manager who should have more respect for their rivals.

Have to disagree, he knew exactly what he was saying and repeated it in three different interviews. I think he was frustrated at Everton's tactics and lashed out, understandable in a way but as a Manager of a 'big' club he should have had more grace. We all have a go at Mourinho for being a sore loser but the Spaniards comments have show himself to be in the same category.

As for hitting a nerve, of course it would, just as it would if SAF or Jose said that Liverpool were a former top club throwing good money after bad in an attemt to regain that long awaited championship (or whatever you would currently regard it as). There's a taste of the truth in there but you wouldn't like to hear it from another manager who should have more respect for their rivals.

Difference is, is that if maureen or Fergie said that, it would be laughted at. Especially seeing as we are still wining major trophies. I really think Rafa didn`t go out to insult Everton, he`s not a native English speaker and that should be taken into account.

how do you define a "big club" its a difficult one that, but for any Reds that might read this heres my slant on it.

If you read the history of the Football Association, you will find The EFC is littered with the shaping of football the way it is today, they have been involved in so many firsts..........1st team to wear numbered shirts, Dixie wore the first ever number 9, changed the rules for penalty kicks and corners because EFC players dribbled in and Scored, its completely littered with EFC involved in almost everything that happened. On top of that EFC has spent more seasons in the top league than any other club, have scored more goals and gained more points than most others. 123 years out of 128 in the top league.

I can go on but there's too many instances to write about, suffice to say that Liverpool where spawned by EFC and they're our cast-offs, our Bastard sons, and in fact that hallowed football ground they play on was our old one.

So if anybody should read the history of the FA dont be surprised if you find the name of Liverpool not even mentioned until around about the late 50s early 60s at about the time Bill Shankly dragged them from the lower leagues.

I'll leave it to the neutrals to decide what determines a "BIG CLUB."

Cheers.

Edited by Licker

how do you define a "big club" its a difficult one that, but for any Reds that might read this heres my slant on it.

If you read the history of the Football Association, you will find The EFC is littered with the shaping of football the way it is today, they have been involved in so many firsts..........1st team to wear numbered shirts, Dixie wore the first ever number 9, changed the rules for penalty kicks and corners because EFC players dribbled in and Scored, its completely littered with EFC involved in almost everything that happened. On top of that EFC has spent more seasons in the top league than any other club, have scored more goals and gained more points than most others. 123 years out of 128 in the top league.

I can go on but there's too many instances to write about, suffice to say that Liverpool where spawned by EFC And are only our Bastard sons, in fact that hallowed football ground they play on was our old one. So if anybody should read the history of the FA you will find Liverpool mentioned around about the late 50s early 60s at about Bill Shankly's time.

Cheers.

It would probably be easier to define, if you didn`t keep deleting opinions which are different to yours. How very "thinking" of you.

Everton today, are a small club.

Decent history, but a small club..............prooved by Rooney.

It would probably be easier to define, if you didn`t keep deleting opinions which are different to yours. How very "thinking" of you.

Everton today, are a small club.

Decent history, but a small club..............prooved by Rooney.

I was beginning to value your opinions and have a proper discussion but this comment makes you look as foolish as ridiculous manager. Yes those comment would be laughed at as should the Spaniards. Everton are comfortably within the top 10 biggest clubs in England (modestly speaking) whether you base it on history, fan base, ground, last 10,20.30 years or size of players cocks (I can't back this one up) and to call them a small club shows the ignorance that both you and the bitter Spaniard possess.

Hold it right there though, are you not a native English speaker either??? Have we lost something in the translation again? Maybe you should have replied in Norwegian??

Your Rooney comment adds fuel to the idea that you are an idiot, did Rush leave a small club behind to play for Juventus? same McManaman and Real Madrid?

Go away, gain some common sense, then we'll talk!

Ambitions? Thats what i call stupidity....spending tons on rubbish players (drama artist rather) who cannot perform. No doubt we spent much lesser but we got the better of you red shites.We spend on quality and not quantity and not on beanpole players who falls to the ground for penalty/freekick when someone beside him sneezes!

Wake up to the fact, you are on downcline with your rubbish players and the tons spent but surely we are building quality teams. For a fact teams liek red shites and chelsea do not dare mess with us, you can see what Mourino has said about Everton when he is in good mind and also when he turned sourgrapes,but the fact is we are becoming stronger every year and the real champion candidates and the "wannabe" like red shites are worried about out quality progress but surely they do not wanna admit.Do some soulsearching and u will know....its only a matter of time we will give u a big slap on your face soon and its when you dump skulls will wake up to reality and realised we are/were a team of real quality ambitions and not lame shites who tried to buy rubbish!....

Forever a Blue.....

I can go on but there's too many instances to write about, suffice to say that Liverpool where spawned by EFC and they're our cast-offs, our Bastard sons, and in fact that hallowed football ground they play on was our old one.

So if anybody should read the history of the FA dont be surprised if you find the name of Liverpool not even mentioned until around about the late 50s early 60s at about the time Bill Shankly dragged them from the lower leagues.

Cheers.

Everton have history - FACT

That doesnt make them a big club alone, otherwise Notts C, Preston NE and West bromich Albion would all be considered big clubs.

Success goes a long way to making a club big i.e winning the European cup, not once, not twice, not three times, not even four but FIVE TIMES ! League titles too. So Evertons 1 trophy in the last twenty years would count them out of being a big club these days definately.

You also said we were spawned by you, which is true. BUT if it wasnt for us today,Everton fc would be absolutely nothing. The success and rivalry of the red side of Liverpool is what keeps you noticable. If Liverpool hadnt existed for the last fifteen years, you'd be just another Wigan in a city by yourselves. You'd get less coverage beacause there is no derbies, you'd be another mediocre side, well you still are but .......... You wouldnt have your two cup finals a year that sky can build up and take their camera's to.

You maybe in the shadow now dwarfed by your Red cousins, but if we didnt exist you'd be in the darkness.

Edited by LFC #

Everton have history - FACT

That doesnt make them a big club alone, otherwise Notts C, Preston NE and West bromich Albion would all be considered big clubs.

Success goes a long way to making a club big i.e winning the European cup, not once, not twice, not three times, not even four but FIVE TIMES ! League titles too. So Evertons 1 trophy in the last twenty years would count them out of being a big club these days definately.

You also said we were spawned by you, which is true. BUT if it wasnt for us today,Everton fc would be absolutely nothing. The success and rivalry of the red side of Liverpool is what keeps you noticable. If Liverpool hadnt existed for the last fifteen years, you'd be just another Wigan in a city by yourselves. You'd get less coverage beacause there is no derbies, you'd be another mediocre side, well you still are but .......... You wouldnt have your two cup finals a year that sky can build up and take their camera's to.

You maybe in the shadow now dwarfed by your Red cousins, but if we didnt exist you'd be in the darkness.

Do you really believe that? As if you do you are as stupid and ignorant than I first thought. Who knows, certainly not you or me, what would the team be like if we never had Liverpool FC. For a start its likely you'd be a blue, we'd have Steven G and some others. We'd have absolutely dominated the 80's (including not being kicked out, which many believe is the start of the downfall). So thinking about it, we'd probably be in a lot better position.

But about the final comment...you keep saying that every year when we get a good result. Sounds very very bitter to me. So your not only stupid, ignorant, bitter, arrogant but also a hypocrite as you boast like hell.