IGNORED

Arteta

MikeO

Great interview with Aragones which includes...

Ahead of him (Arteta) in the pecking order are, among others, Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso, Cesc Fabregas of Arsenal and Barcelona’s gifted technician Xavi. But Aragones has not ruled Arteta out of the reckoning whatsoever.

“That means it will be very tough for him, so he must keep improving. I think he knows this,” he added. “But he is at a good club. Everton are a big club, a massive club. There is no doubt about that. They have won lots of titles.

“I have a good friend in Spain who is an Everton fan and he is always telling me about them. Liverpool is a proud football city but whenever it comes to a choice in my affections, I choose Everton.

I may well be supporting Spain tonight on the back of that (for one night only :lol: ).

Edited by mikeo

How can that be a motivational tool? Imagine if Emre took up a similiar defence?

Edit* Seems to me if a English man had said that then FIFA or UEFA would have come down on him like a tonne of shit.

if he said it was an motivational tool it sggests that other spanish players are opf the same opinion.

my friend from madird hated this whole thing, and has really ashamed at the last england spain games, though he said it happens at certain games, a few weaks afer the england game he heard Real fans monkey chanting at Carlos, he was shocked.

it's a great boost for arteta, but all it does is serve as a reminder that WE need to improve as a team, or like romey said he'll be off in the summer.

personally dont think he'll be off, he seems to like playing for us and seems comited. has said he wants to sign a new contract.. hope he stays and i think he will

i'd like him to stay with cahill, but both will attract interest if we don't make a european place.

Catch22. May well attract more interest if we do get a Euro place...can't win...just pray a lot or sacrifice a virgin or two if that's your thing (if you can find one) :lol: .

Edited by mikeo

Yeh just read that on the site, ot me holidays for goin to magaluf rejected today, Aragones is an evertonian eh!

Great boost for the club and the player, although we already knew everything he said to be fair ;)

Mikky has always come out and said the right things, I dont think it will be long till he gets AT LEAST in the squad, hes a class act.

Keep it up Mikky :)

Even if he moves club does that mean the players that are currently ahead of him in the pecking order disappear? No. He'll find it difficult to play for Spain wherever he is.

i think thats what will keep him here

now when do we play arsenal? we can see one of mickys trademark "forwards challenge" on Fabregas, one down, three to go!

I dunno, nice he mentions Spud & us, but I see through it as a compatriot getting a shot in @ another compatriot -> i.e Rafael Benitez.

Every possibility that's true....still lifts our profile a little and if Beitez is hoist by his own petard that's fine with me :lol: .

(For the purposes of this thread I'm putting aside his "alleged" racist comments, but they're logged)

Every possibility that's true....still lifts our profile a little and if Beitez is hoist by his own petard that's fine with me :lol: .

(For the purposes of this thread I'm putting aside his "alleged" racist comments, but they're logged)

It´s good for Arteta to know he´s not going unoticed.Seen a thing on sky today saying that Athletico Madrid were going to come in for him in the summer.Hope we can keep the lad sweet and hang on to him the man is pure class.

post-2727-1170935536_thumb.jpg