IGNORED

Tim Howard Signs Permanently

Louis

i'm not 100% convinced either though mate, he is another teams 4th choice keeper remember, there must be a reason that he is 4th choice?

He wasn't prepared to be second choice at man U never mind 4th, that's why he asked to be moved in the first place. Though it's hardly an indictment to be second choice there. We have seen what he can do it's not a gamble.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my post may have been mis-read tbh.

My own personnal feeling is in my first post on this topc.

One relief lifted from our shoulders. Great news :)

As in thank god we got a very good keeper and we don't have to look for another one in the summer.

My next post, the

Now his furture is certain he may well get worse as he doesn't neep to prove anything, nothing to fight for...:huh:

Is just a counter arguement for

Great news!Now his futures certain he may even get better,one less signing we need in the summer.Well done Moyesy. :D

I'm delighted we've got him full time :)

theres no problem, he's probably the best we have had since big nev, but i do think there are better options than howard out there, whats happened to ruddy and turner? will they ever get their chance?

they are both still young, isnt ruddy still a teenager?

you wont find many keepers who are good in their early 20's

and im intregued to know who you see as a better option!

Cech?

Cudichini?

Maybe now we can get him in the lineup for the upcoming Man Utd fixture. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Tim in goal.

It also looks like he will be the U.S number 1 which is nice to hear. We just drew Argentina in the Copa America this summer so it will it be a great experience for him, if he plays in it.

His deal comes into effect when the transfer window opens so he can't play against Manure as he is still officially on loan to us

Thought that as well but on the EFC site today..

Howard is now an Everton player, with the contract signed this week replacing the season-long loan deal agreed with Manchester United last summer.

Good news!!! I see a clean sheet coming against Shreck and his mates....no problem :lol: !

(and no more CF2CF2)

Edited by MikeO

His agent Dan Segal has come out and said that Tim Howard is now the highest paid american in the history of 'soccer'.. I'm not say I would appreciate my agent telling people I'm the highest paid american player to keep the pressure off. The sad thing is we are paying him more than Man Utd did.

He said: "This move for Tim is absolutely terrific. Everton has been a perfect fit for him from day one. The financial package - the largest ever for an American soccer player - that the club put together to keep him says everything about their commitment to Tim, and the fact that Tim has signed for five years says everything about his commitment in return."

It doesn't surprise me that he is the highest paid American. We don't really have any players that are going to get a lot of money. The only two players I could see that would test him are McBride and Gooch (who possibly will make more if Newcastle signs him this summer)