IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Lionelhas long lost his voice. Putting on a nice show but can't sing like he used to.

Not seen his set yet, might have a look but I'm not a great fan. Amazed to see that Patti Smith was on earlier, as she was at Reading 1978 (see previous reply) http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/5335-what-are-you-watching/?p=467760

Paul Weller conflicts me, The Jam (who also played Reading '78) and some of his solo stuff has been brilliant, but I'll never forgive him for The Style Council (shudders).

Not seen his set yet, might have a look but I'm not a great fan. Amazed to see that Patti Smith was on earlier, as she was at Reading 1978 (see previous reply) http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/5335-what-are-you-watching/?p=467760

Paul Weller conflicts me, The Jam (who also played Reading '78) and some of his solo stuff has been brilliant, but I'll never forgive him for The Style Council (shudders).

Walls come tumbling down was a tune though.

I love Weller - That's Entertainment is one of my all time favourite songs. Would have loved to have seen him in The Jam days.

They were from Woking which is about four miles from where I grew up and I saw them very early on (at the Guildford Civic Hall). Used to bump into Bruce Foxton all the time, mostly in pubs :D.

Sound Affects is one of my all time favourite albums.

"Punk" didn't do anything for me at the time (was more of a fan of the by then fading "hippy" stuff) but The Jam were something different. Brilliant stuff.

I watch weeds all the time, it's like watching grass grow but a bit quicker and thus more exciting.

Can I just apologise for that extremely poor attempt at humour. In my defence I was sleep deprived and had had quite a lot of Greek "hospitality".

Initial Ant-Man screening reviews have been surprisingly positive.

James Gunn has declared it the best, seconded to the original Iron Man. That's quite a claim.

Be interesting to see what the general reviews come out like.

I wasn't overly excited for it, but could be now.

Initial Ant-Man screening reviews have been surprisingly positive.

James Gunn has declared it the best, seconded to the original Iron Man. That's quite a claim.

I remember reading about it in empire magazine and they were really excited and stated it had the most potential of any super hero movie.

I'm the same I like Pym as a character in the comics but where they've gone of track with his character and story etc the trailers also look abit ott on the comical side

I'll gladly watch it but I just can't see it being better than GOTG The Avengers and so on

On another note watched Furious 7 earlier and I know you have to expect cheese but that took the piss as far fetched as you can get with a piss poor plot.... Dross

I've been watching Orange is the New Black. It's really enjoyable. It's by the same woman who created 'Weeds', Matt.

its on the list, Louis.

Can't get the feckingtheme tune out of my head!

Little boxes, on the hillside...

Just re watched The Office (UK version) for the god knows how many times. Hands down the best comedy series I've seen. David Brent is my idol in life and the other actors are brilliant too (Mackenzie Crook, Martin Freeman). I know Ricky Gervais is a bit like marmite so anyone else into his stuff? Extras was class as well may I add. Quite enjoyed Derek as well.

Loved it Geth, made the missus watch it but she wasn't into it. I loved the U.S. Version too, way too many tears coming from a grown man.

Funny you say that as my girlfriend was the same. She ain't too amused when I quote Brent either. Strangely enough I've never watched the US version. For some reason I just think it might spoil the UK one for me? I don't know really, it's on Netflix so might give a few episodes a go some time.