IGNORED

In Defence Of Beats

Agree to an extent what your saying, looked like an improved performance in contrast to some dismal shows from him this season , but still not convinced he can return to former glories.

Hope he can prove me wrong cos a top form Beattie alongside AJ would be Awesome.

I was actually happy with the way he has played the last two games. I was really hoping he would have gotten a goal to boost his confidence. I still want to see him sold in the summer but if he can increase his value and help us win I would be happy :)

terrible miss but played alright, can play better tho

Can play better tho, give the lad a brake, hes our scape goat as usual, he played as well as anyone on the pitch, just didnt get a goal.

He needs a goal though, and I honestly think hes trying his arse off

Did you watch the right game yesterday craccer? I thought he played very well, always tracked back when he lost the ball and even when Arteta lost it Beattie ran all the way back to cover Arteta being out of position. Seems the people who slagged him off want him to play bad 'cos it'd prove they were right. Seems no matter what he does people always look at the couple of bad points in his game. Anyone can miss an easy chance.

Give credit where credits due and yesterday BT derserves it for the effort he put in.

Did you watch the right game yesterday craccer? I thought he played very well, always tracked back when he lost the ball and even when Arteta lost it Beattie ran all the way back to cover Arteta being out of position. Seems the people who slagged him off want him to play bad 'cos it'd prove they were right. Seems no matter what he does people always look at the couple of bad points in his game. Anyone can miss an easy chance.

Give credit where credits due and yesterday BT derserves it for the effort he put in.

My sentiments exactly

But as I said earlier, hes our scapegoat isnt he, like Kilbane was

I dont see anyone blasting Cahill for his miss? As per Beaatts comes in for critiscm, All he needed was a goal yesturday and i would have said great performence. Keep him playin upfront for a few more games, build his confidence up and he'll get the goals. I thought his link up play was good yesturday (and just the presence of two strikers especially as both are totally different) show teams we mean business!

I was watching Fulham Man Utd on sat and I thought to myself if we had signed McBride at the end of that season when he was on loan it would have been 500k or something but Moyes didn't want to pay so much for someone so old. Anyway if we had signed him and not Beattie even if McBride retires at the end of this season we would have only been around 500k down for about 3 years good service. We could then put the 5.5m difference between him and Beattie towards someone good in the summer. In contrast we have Beattie who even if we sell him will get 3.5 mil max from which still puts us 2m down on what we would have if we signed McBride if you follow me. Anyway I think McBride would have scored lots more than Beats what if anyway........

I was watching Fulham Man Utd on sat and I thought to myself if we had signed McBride at the end of that season when he was on loan it would have been 500k or something but Moyes didn't want to pay so much for someone so old. Anyway if we had signed him and not Beattie even if McBride retires at the end of this season we would have only been around 500k down for about 3 years good service. We could then put the 5.5m difference between him and Beattie towards someone good in the summer. In contrast we have Beattie who even if we sell him will get 3.5 mil max from which still puts us 2m down on what we would have if we signed McBride if you follow me. Anyway I think McBride would have scored lots more than Beats what if anyway........

IF IF IF,

If only. Its easy to say these things in hinesight. Would mcbride have been our top scorer last year, i dont think so

hard to say if mcbride would have been our top goal scorer because we wont know, he is a top class player tho, id rather have him than beattie but as zed said thats just hinesight talking. before mcbride joined fulham and beattie joined us i would have picked beats to join instead of mcbride tbh.