IGNORED

Cahill Breaks Foot

L_Blue

It is such a disappointment especially from him. It is going to be tough to contend for Europe without him but I am still optimistic.

It's a big blow and we needed 3 points today. Still we managed without him for a while before and we are the highest we've been all season. 6th with 9 games to go is a good platform.

Very very bad news, we've got to hope his replacement steps up.

I thought the metatarsal was in your foot?

The metatarsal is in your foot but it's my understanding that you have several metatarsals depending on which toe you are looking at.

Also I thought "Cahill is broken" was a better title

Edited by L_Blue

Dont panic, dont panic, sure he's a loss to us but we're ok in midfield now...... Fernandes can take over his role.

Just need to bring Hibbert back in to fullback and release Neville into centre mid, and theres always Osman or Mcfaddy.

OK they're not the greatest, but they are better than some. no probs cos it might balance the team up a bit better.

Well we dont look as though we can do enough now to overtake Bolton especially if they win tomorrow, but i dont see a problem holding on to 6th place, though we could have opened up a gap had we won today.

We will win the next 4 games and draw 2 more, that should be enough to keep the chasers at bay.

cahill is not everton, stop acting like it

he's one player in a team, ok he's important but the end for him doesn't mean the end for us and besides if we can't cope without 1 player then we don't even deserve to qualify, we just need to get our heads down and get on with it

cahill is not everton, stop acting like it

he's one player in a team, ok he's important but the end for him doesn't mean the end for us and besides if we can't cope without 1 player then we don't even deserve to qualify, we just need to get our heads down and get on with it

spot on mike, he is important but we have other players to fill his boots. maybe they are not as good but there still part of our team, we need to believe we can do it and maybe just maybe we will.

Gutted.

Has he played his last game for us ?

Or could this be tough Love in disguise ?

Still gutted though.

That's what I was thinking, I hope we resist any club that bids for him.

Where has this come from??????

Gutted , but we are not a one man team by any stretch of the imagination, but of course well miss him, Osman will be more than an adequate replacemnt, did anyone see his goal last week?

exactly goldfish, the injury has only existed in the last few years and it's happend a rediculous amount in that time.

Ever since Beckham got it then Rooney more and more have started getting it.

I think we should calm down, he's an important player but we've already managed without him for a while this season and have other players capable of performing for us. we may have to change our system slightly but as said Osman can do the attacking midfield thing well.

Where has this come from??????

Tv Down under were saying AC Milan want him which may force Alex Fergusons hand.

The BBc web site also had snipet saying Milan Tracking.

That's what I was refering to as Tough Love, perhaps injury a blessing for us i.e the long term.

Tv Down under were saying AC Milan want him which may force Alex Fergusons hand.

The BBc web site also had snipet saying Milan Tracking.

That's what I was refering to as Tough Love, perhaps injury a blessing for us i.e the long term.

bugger, im not too impressed with that, maybe the injury will put them off

First, congrats on moving into the top 6. Second, sorry to hear about Cahill's injury. His goal celebrations may drive me crazy ;) , but he's a quality player whose loss will not be easily remedied. But this is where teams (and players who replace stars like Cahill) get to learn just "what they are made of".

P.S. Rumors of Cahill leaving should be taken with a large grain of salt. If even half the rumored deals ever actually went through, each team would be made up of entirely new players every year. I'd wait on a reliable source before thinking "uh oh, he may really be leaving."

Well we dont look as though we can do enough now to overtake Bolton especially if they win tomorrow, but i dont see a problem holding on to 6th place, though we could have opened up a gap had we won today.

We will win the next 4 games and draw 2 more, that should be enough to keep the chasers at bay.

Saw bits of the Bolton game yesterday and heard them say that Bolton still have to play, Man U, Chelski and either the Arse or redshite all away in the last 9 games. So would like to think that they will lose all those games.

Don't think we can catch them either but you never know.

Cahill injury is a big loss for us as last time he was out we went on a poor run of games without results and dropped a few point.

Cahill will be missed,but our european push is far from over.We need players to step up to the breach,As was said with hibbet back we can put Neville in the dfm role and Fernandes up for cahill,and I also think we´ll be playing more 4-4-2 now as Cahill was pivotal to the 4-5-1 formation.

I´m also confident that Tim will be with us next year.And as to the Blades game,they have been very strong at home lately and we showed good character to come back,and even almost nicked it late on.

Edited by Blue Blooded Bootle Buck!

Don't get me wrong - I am a Cahill fan, and his goals from midfeild have been priceless over the past few season.

However, if we are to move on I sometimes think Cahill maybe a player that would lose his automatic starting place in the team, especially if we are looking to playing a more attacking 4-4-2.

If it wasn't for his heading ability from midfeild (that sometime defies logic), Is he a top midfeilder when it comes to getting the tackles in and putting through a killer pass?. Sometime, I think not, and is sometimes a weaker link in the middle if not getting on the end of crosses.

If we are playing 4-5-1, then yes he really does merit a starting place in the team becasue of his ability to get the goals.

But does he posses the quality needed to be part of a quality midfeild quartet if we are going to move forward? Would a big money bid be such a bad thing? Taking all things in to consideration.

Not saying we should sell - becasue at least half the time we would end up playing 4-5-1. and a huge impact player to come off the bench when you are chasing a goal. Just something to debate!!