IGNORED

Why Cant We Get Any Backing

Neil

just seen in the paper spurs have agreed a new 30 million sponsership deal and with the likes of aston villa being approached by finicail backers and hearts get a russian billonaire and what do we get fook all why? u cant tell me the likes of villa/hearts or spurs are more attractive clubs to sponser or buy into i dont think so it seems to me we r standing still while other clubs move forward dont get me wrong i think bill kenwrights done a ok job since coming to the club but i think he has taken the club as far as he can and that its time for him and keith wyness to step down

I think the reason might be Bill K himself, maybe he doesnt want to lose his Ego boosting position on the board, cos i'm sure if some multi millionaire comes into the club, they will want to be the chairmen of the board, managing Director, In fact the whole f**kin lot.

So i dont think Bill will be trying too hard to put himself out of a job.

Guest fozzie22
I think the reason might be Bill K himself, maybe he doesnt want to lose his Ego boosting position on the board, cos i'm sure if some multi millionaire comes into the club, they will want to be the chairmen of the board, managing Director,    In fact the whole f**kin lot.

So i dont think Bill will be trying too hard to put himself out of a job.

That about sums it up

BK is a tool,and while he and his rather shady cohorts try to keep control,Everton burns.

He is the modern day nero

Spurs are more merchantable than us im sorry to say.  Agreed on Villa and Hearts front tho.

It is down to BK not wanting to get rid of his ego boosting place your right.  Gregg new it and thats why he wants out.

Its all about the brand name and Everton fall down here big time.

We are no less a brand than Spurs or Villa and we are certainly a better brand than Hearts...but...

BK never EVER allows EFC merchandise onto the shelves of any shop other than JJB and the EFC stores - but you see Man U, RS etc. stuff all over the place.

KW said when he joined that we had a smaller fanbase than Aberdeen - we are obviously a much larger club - so again BK hasn't tapped into the resource of the fans. 1 yr on and KW has managed to raise the spend per fan to £70 - a big step in making us attractive to outside investors.

When do Everton ever bring out any 'special edition' merchandise - when do Everton ever produce 't-shirts' for the people that can't afford the home jersey or for the folks earning less in Thailand etc. that supposedly support EFC.

If you ever have the unfortunate expereince of going into the LFC shop in town, note all of the stuff they sell - from keyrings to school kids erasers - all with that fucking LFC crappy badge on. ITs not much but it really expands and raises the profile of the club...

Imagine when little herbert goes home to his Dad, a millionaire, and shows him his new Everton pencil or rucksack - it doesn't do much at the time, but it may fester in the back of the millionaires head when it comes to investment time.

BK had the chance to move the club forward by taking money off the guy in S.Africe (the one with the gold mine!) but because he was an ex-con and a scally, BK knocked him back....

dodgy characters haven't done chelsea any harm!

We simply dont get out there enough to make people notice us and make investors stand up and think that there is money to be had from Goodison...

Look again at the RS - they managed to draw 750,000 gobshites to the city centre to see a bus! Imagine how much was made then on merchandise and how much has been made since - on the back of one game!

The club really needs to take the piss out of the fans in terms of merchandise and offerings...give kids in the local schools stationary for free.

Give disabled people buses with the EFC badge on etc.etc. - just like Liverpool do!

SOrt it - it really aint hard. It costs money but the rewards will be well worth it!

Guest fozzie22
BK had the chance to move the club forward by taking money off the guy in S.Africe (the one with the gold mine!) but because he was an ex-con and a scally, BK knocked him back....

Whos the bigger scally??

BK methinks,and that tithead yes man Wyness.

Whos the bigger scally??

BK methinks,and that tithead yes man Wyness.

even when we finished 4th , the message from the club was one of a fairy tale...so nobody really read into the 4th spot being down to us actually being good - but down to a fairy tale and enchanted magic - the spirit of the people's club!

When RS do well, they tell everyone that they did well because they are great - becuase their team is the best and because their club is the biggest.

WE tell them that we really tried hard with a small, inexperienced squad that was tipped for relegation, but the boys did well.

Look at the difference in attitudes (and it hurts to say that the RS have got it right!) - is there any wonder why no fucker invests in EFC?!

Apart from the fact that BK doesn't allow anyone to invest!

Guest fozzie22
even when we finished 4th , the message from the club was one of a fairy tale...so nobody really read into the 4th spot being down to us actually being good - but down to a fairy tale and enchanted magic - the spirit of the people's club!

When RS do well, they tell everyone that they did well because they are great - becuase their team is the best and because their club is the biggest.

WE tell them that we really tried hard with a small, inexperienced squad that was tipped for relegation, but the boys did well.

Look at the difference in attitudes (and it hurts to say that the RS have got it right!) - is there any wonder why no fucker invests in EFC?!

Apart from the fact that BK doesn't allow anyone to invest!

Now come on there was of course the now infamous FSF money

I said at the time that was a ploy to keep BK in charge after the shamless sale of shrek.

Now come on there was of course the now infamous FSF money

I said at the time that was a ploy to keep BK in charge after the shamless sale of shrek.

we all know now that the FSF didn't exist - I have more money in my back pocket than that 'organisation' ever did!

Its all a matter of management from the top down at EFC - we simply do not get the basics right and it shows - other club such as Spurs, laugh at our poor ability to produce money when we are sitting on a prime brand name.

How many times have Everton signed an Edgar Davids figure? hmmm.... last one was probably Kanchelskis. Apart from being a good footballer (although past his best) Davids puts bums on seats and sells shirts for Spurs - which of our players can you say does that - how many people come to Goodison to see just on eof our megastars?

NONE! WE have no 'pulling' power because we do not invest properly - we should have signed Davids, irrespective of wages - his image would have paid his wages! and his play would have kept the fans happy...

Neville & Davies & VDM are hardly pin-up poster material, are they?!

Nothing wrong with the chuckle brothers :P

But yes the squad has the sex appeal of a used tampax,no good if you're after the girl football factor

Okay - it aint a great deal but how many times did you see liverpool coining it in off the back of Garcias/owens/beardsley's (ignore the last one :P ) image? How many times did owen appear on TV - hwo many posters do you see of Gerrard? - It all raises club profile and makes it more attractive to investers - as they will want to use the 'pin-ups' in ads etc.

Beckham for example - united sponsorship deals with vodafone etc. included work around beckham and van horse in the ads...

Its all about image and EFC hasn't got one! Therefore -no investment!

i've always said that wyness has done a poor job

and this proves it, we dont move forward as club enough

we make one step forward then 3 sideways then 3 back

we had a great chance to put ourselves on the map when finishing 4th

where was the sponsorship talks etc etc, none, just kenwright harping on telly how great it was

and now look at us not a pot to piss in, a major overhaul is needed to take this club back to the top and while kenwright, wyness et al are in charge i simply cannot see it happening.

and it pains me to say that.

i've always said that wyness has done a poor job

and this proves it, we dont move forward as club enough

we make one step forward then 3 sideways then 3 back

we had a great chance to put ourselves on the map when finishing 4th

where was the sponsorship talks etc etc, none, just kenwright harping on telly how great it was

and now look at us not a pot to piss in, a major overhaul is needed to take this club back to the top and while kenwright, wyness et al are in charge i simply cannot see it happening.

and it pains me to say that.

I think that it takes a lot of time to take a club back to the big time - but I agree, an opportunity was missed this year - we simply didn't capitalise on our success last year.

We didn't bark loud enough about it, we didn't sell our image enough on the back of it, we didn't product more merchandise and put it in more, different, shops across the country.

The advertising boards are the same as last year and there are now fewer than ever (that I can remember). The corporate sections of the ground are half full at best and the club are finding themselves doing 'deals' to get people into the exclusive marque and Alex Young lounge.

The basis of the clubs future lies with the children in Liverpool etc. Yet we rarely hear of the club offering the schools free or reduced tickets - especially when the corporate section is so low on attendance. Why not throw a party each game for a local primary school and let them sit in the lounge seats and watch the game - for some kids it would be like xmas come early and they WOULD NEVER forget it - i.e. when they grow up and starting earning their own money...

But no the club pays little attention to the future generations and is trying its best to take cash from those that support the lads now. (Which is all very well and good but look at Utd - they turn up to the opening of an envelope if it raises the profile of the club) - okay, we need to play well at the same time - but more money = better players = a good team...

Is it really that difficult?

ROWLO............."The basis of the clubs future lies with the children in Liverpool etc. Yet we rarely hear of the club offering the schools free or reduced tickets - especially when the corporate section is so low on attendance. Why not throw a party each game for a local primary school and let them sit in the lounge seats and watch the game - for some kids it would be like xmas come early and they WOULD NEVER forget it - i.e. when they grow up and starting earning their own money..."

Thats a very good idea, and a workable one. Have you thought of sending a similar, more detailed letter to the club, either Wyness or the Corporate people. ??

Edited by toffeelicker

It says something about the club

when an excellant idea is mentioned on message board first,

not only the tickets is a good idea, but coaching in the community

send a couple of the lads for an hour or two to a local school

to do some coaching sessions, get the kids interested in the club

meet the players, get an association back with club within the community

but these will never happen, its to forward thinking and dynamic, we cant have that, why not appoint a ceo outside of football to bring new ideas into the club

there must something better then what we have at the moment

A PR genius would help.

The players visit to Alder Hey is on the club website, but you have to go looking in the Everton news section to find it on the Echo (icliverpool) website.

Be interesting to see if gets onto the local TV news this evening.

They do look a ramshackle bunch though. A bit of uniformity, and some club colours would have been nice. Not to use a charitable cause for purely self promotion, but the boys will be wearing t-shirts for the Alder Hey appeal before the next game, and it would be great for both to have more publicity. You have to do all the work yourself really, and hand it to the press ready made.

firstly - spurs have massive money making ability due to one thing - location! your a foreign investor, do you want to go to liverpool or london? no questions asked, only one winner here!

secondly - the football in the community runs similar "occasions" to most of these mentioned, not sure on more details though