IGNORED

Summer Signings

Who do you hope we get in the Summer? Bearing in mind that we already have that kid beginning with J and Tim Howard..

I would like to see:

1. A decent Left WINGER

2. Fernandes on Permanent

3. (LB) Baines/Bridge

4. maybe (ST) Smith

also sign De Silva for longer

oh and we desparatly need a nice old left back to add to the collection

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you hope we get in the Summer? Bearing in mind that we already have that kid beginning with J and Tim Howard..

I would like to see:

1. A decent Left WINGER

2. Fernandes on Permanent

3. (LB) Baines/Bridge

4. maybe (ST) Smith

also sign De Silva for longer

oh and we desparatly need a nice old left back to add to the collection

Reo Coker rumours flying around again (sure you've all seen them). Not a bad player if we're going for him then surely it's bye bye to Fernandes.

Hope it's just a smoke screen (and Benfica half their demands).

1. Fernandes (If we can't get Fernandes then go after Barton)

2. Nugent

3. Guardado

4. Bridge

I really hope Moyes considers making a bid for Guardado. He would be the great left winger we need. With other huge clubs interested it probably wouldn't happen though.

Edited by Joe

I think one of the bargains of the summer is going to be Steve Sidwell, who is out of contract this summer.

Don't know how interested Everton will be in his signiture - but my guess he will move. Maybe not a player the top 4 would be after so we would have to be in the running if we wanted him.

Any thoughts ? a free transfer, and not going to be a mega bucks wages player!!!

I really think Sidwell's market may be too much for us, although you never know-he may really want to play for Everton, or Moyes..etc.

The Summer signings completely depend on Fernandes. I think if he costs over 8 million we will just stay away. It also depends on if Arteta wants to leave.

Reo-Coker is an option we will probably look into if we don't keep ahold of Fernandes. Once again it comes down to the price though.

I'm not a fan of Barton's style to be honest.

I'd still like to add Nugent to play along side AJ, signing him likely would mean Beattie and possibly Anichebe wanting to go also.

We also need to add a solid defender.

I think when it's all said and done- we will probably just see a new starting midfielder, left back and some depth players.

Mine would be (in no particular order :P );

1. Fernandes

2. Nugent (If too expensive i wouldn't mind trying Kris Boyd as he scores loads of goals even tho in crapper league)

3. Baines

4. A new quick left winger

5. Giles Barnes

Does anyone know what type of midfielder vidarsson is? Ive heard he's a left winger, if so i wouldn't mind trying him out there for a couple of games.

To everyone who suggested Nugent, Fernandes, AND Baines- with what money do you expect us to make these moves with?
Some money with Beattie (not expecting a lot though) and some money with the new tv deal and hopefully europe money, if we can get in.

i think everyone is probably shooting a little high i dont think DM will actually have a great deal of money i think with raising funds from sales of BT VDM and a couple of other players then it will be 1 of 2 options

1. we will sign Manny and pos a small other outlay on a player

2. we dont get Manny and we get Nugent Sidwell and possibly a other in which ever position DM thinks he most needs cover

i wont write off da silva just yet.

i wont be too bothered if we dont get nugent to be honest. next season will do me, give the lad one more at preston, keep pushing the kids we've got here for one more year. sell beattie (if we can) to who ever wants him, use the cash for a LB and strengthen the midfield.

look at our goal difference, we arent desparate for another forward just yet, but were dropping points then it must be down the midfield to me, because we are scoring goals this season, and were not conceding a lot of goals either. just missing a bit of bite in the middle, and maybe a bit of creativity on the left

Sell Cahill, Beattie, Naysmith, Van Der Meyde, McFadden. That should raise nearly £20m.

Bring in Nugent(£4), Fernandez (£8), Barton (£5.5) and Kallstrom (£6).

Sweet!

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Valente

Arteta Fernandez Barton Kallstrom

AJ Nugent/Anichebe

Sell Cahill, Beattie, Naysmith, Van Der Meyde, McFadden. That should raise nearly £20m.

Bring in Nugent(£4), Fernandez (£8), Barton (£5.5) and Kallstrom (£6).

Sweet!

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Valente

Arteta Fernandez Barton Kallstrom

AJ Nugent/Anichebe

that sounds okay but i would never sell Cahill ever, even if he was 10m out of that 20 i would sacrifice Barton or Kallstrom or even both to keep cahill

I am a Cahill fan, but I am with jofanon on possibly bringing in some cash from his sale.

He is a very saleable asset and could bring some decent money in to the transfer kitty.

He has been missing through large parts of this season, and we are still managing to do OK.

Yes, he is a good player, but I think if our midfeild was to improve and we are going to be looking to play 4-4-2 as more of the norm, then Cahills place may be under threat.

I would think we could get maybe £7M for him.

Bring in Fernandez for the £10M mark and Sidwell on a free transfer.

Sometimes an individual has to be sacrificed for the good of the team.

The goals Cahill gets should be off set by the chances created for the striker for a more creative midfeild.

The trouble with Cahill is that although he is good for a midfielder at scoring goals he doesn't contribute enough in other ways.

Although he scores goals, he doesn't score the same as a dedicated striker. He doesn't have the creativity or brute force to be a top midfielder either. I'm afraid he is a bit of luxury.

I want the strikers to score the goals and the midfielders to create them.

Good player but not good enough.

lets be honest Barton is a better player but Cahill gets more goals, imo its like Lampard n Gerrard, Gerrard is better on the ball, passing, touch but Lampard scores more goals. But Barton has a bit of both, obivously not the same level but a quality player all round. The thing I like about Cahill he plays with a passion and love for the club thats priceless to us.

Edited by Blue4Ever

The trouble with Cahill is that although he is good for a midfielder at scoring goals he doesn't contribute enough in other ways.

Although he scores goals, he doesn't score the same as a dedicated striker. He doesn't have the creativity or brute force to be a top midfielder either. I'm afraid he is a bit of luxury.

I want the strikers to score the goals and the midfielders to create them.

Good player but not good enough.

get real, the lad is a consistent performer. he may not be the best midfielder at defending, but then neither is scholes, lampard, deco, and many other midfielders all over the world.

tim cahill has scored as many goals in the past few years than most of the strikers we've had in a long time.

selling cahill would not even be an option imo

bargain of the century when we got him, a little bit of flair and a few tricks from manny and its time to dump one of our best players!