IGNORED

Link To A Very Good Article

It's a good article. Don't care how much badge kissing he does or what he says he will never get the feeling he got scoring for Everton playing for anyone else, or the crowd reaction. Watch the videos of the goals he scored for us...he's lost that forever. Sad silly little boy chasing money but it's no compensation.

Blinkered vision imo, he's an attacking forward not an out and out striker. He creates more goals than most midfielders in the Premiership. He scored 16 goals last year +9 assists, 12 goals this year 9 assists with nine league games to go on top of the fa and CL. I don't think that's a bad return and without him Man U certainly wouldn't be odds on favourite to lift the title again. He'd walk into most European sides. I agree he's been shit for England recently but who hasn't? Can't stand the guy since he left but let's not pretend he's crap cos he doesn't play in a blue shirt any more.

Nodoby is saying he's crap but he certainly hasnt lived up to his potential IMO. He's treading water.

There's a large dose of gloating in that piece saying he hasn't lived up to the hype but it hasn't been backed up with accurate facts. The Mancs didnt buy the best player on the planet, they bought a player with the potential to be. Nothing has changed in that regard, he's had some outstanding performances and some not so great. It happens to every player, Ronaldinho went missing when the shite knocked them out of the CL, shevchenko at chelsea or Ronaldo at the last World Cup, all previous holders of European player of the Year. Rooney's still one of the most exciting players in the world to watch and he's England's best hope of lifting a trophy (however small that may be) and he's only 22.

There's a large dose of gloating in that piece saying he hasn't lived up to the hype but it hasn't been backed up with accurate facts. The Mancs didnt buy the best player on the planet, they bought a player with the potential to be. Nothing has changed in that regard, he's had some outstanding performances and some not so great. It happens to every player, Ronaldinho went missing when the shite knocked them out of the CL, shevchenko at chelsea or Ronaldo at the last World Cup, all previous holders of European player of the Year. Rooney's still one of the most exciting players in the world to watch and he's England's best hope of lifting a trophy (however small that may be) and he's only 22.

I understand what you're saying Bluetrip but I think the gist of the article is that if rooney had stayed at Everton he would have developed into a better player than he is now , he's doing ok at utd but he's not exactly the greatest player they have on their books , and certainly no where near being the euro player of the year ,. think about it , we all thought he would , at Everton , utd or anywhere he would have gone to , Gazza and George Best probably weren't the player he was at 16 , but at 22 ? give me either of those 2 anytime .

Yep a thought provoking article for sure!

Has he earned more money since he left>.....of course!

Will he win more trophys at Man Utd than at Everton?.......almost certainly!

Was he right to leave us?.......for all but sentimental reasons probably yes!

Has he become a beter player?......I'm sure he probably has(not a lot though,

because he would have improved some by staying with us,ie with age and

experence)

If he helps Man utd win the treble,he will get us a bucket load of cash.

Like the auther of the article said,and I agree I think factors will have

him burn himself out,ie money,temprement etc,etc.....am I glad? No.

I wish him luck.....and if he ever WANTS to come back to discover the passion.

Then I'd take him back!

Blue 250 said................I wish him luck.....and if he ever WANTS to come back to discover the passion.

Then I'd take him back!

So would i, and probably every other club in the country. Tho i have to admit he has not come on as well as everybody thought he would, and at 22 is he going to get any better.??

The factors you have to consider are........ The money and the life style he has now, is what he was aiming for and now that he has it, Like Blue said is the hunger and passion still with him, i dont think it is and i'll not be surprised if he does'nt get any better.

Still a very good player tho.

Still can't get my head round all this anti - Rooney feeling at the club. If he would deign to return tomorrow, I would welcome him back with my best fatted calf.

He left for a bigger company, with better wages and improved fringe benefits, each and everyone of us would do the same and not think twice about it.

I do think on a personal level he is a jumped up, egotistical, red faced, whinging chav, but that is purely personal.

ATB

Mac

I am glad that he hasn't lived up the potential. Obviously he is a good footballer who is still young but I think his attitude and personality might be a factor in his struggling development. I personally don't like him and may be a bit bias.

as a footballer there is no other player i would want at everton than rooney.

if people cant see he has improved at united then i think they must be blinded by hate.

as others have said, he isnt a goal scorer. hes more of a second striker, and 16 goals and 9 assists last year is still very good going.

the lad is one of the best players around