IGNORED

Im Sorry....... Neville

Theres no point at all Neville being a utility player when hes shite at fullback and central midfield carnt tackle cross pass but he is an ok defensive midfielder ..3.5 million can't buy much so it wasn't to bad. he's a decent captain and will put 110% every time, but imo Neville shouldnt be getting in our starting 11 next season after a few buys. does anyone agree?

I get your sentiment stevo but his distribution is piss poor and always ends in loss of possession!

not sentiment liam, he does add organisation to our team. i know his distrubution is rubbish, when he tries to make long passes. if he made more short passes it would be better, but i do believe we are a better team for having him around.

his main job is to keep us together on the pitch, to keep us doing what the manager tells us too. so if pip isnt telling us to push out, then moyes isnt telling the team to push out. he has to be the managers voice on the pitch.

and i bet if he wouldnt have left united he would have been in their midfield ahead of john o'shae most of last season

Dont know if most of the members can remember the last great team we had back in the 80s, but we had two midfielders in that side who couldnt make that killer pas to the forwards, and in fact couldnt pass a ball to save their lives.

What Peter Reid and Paul Bracewell brought to that team was to stop the opponents midfield from playing, win the ball and give it to somebody who could do something with it, usually a ten yard pass to the wingers Kevin Sheedy one side, Trevor Steven on the other side.

Unfortunately, today we dont have a single winger in the team or even in the squad, and until that problem is sorted we will inevitably have to persist in punting the long balls up to the corner flag, which for 50% of the time will Go wrong.

You wont finish a Jigsaw puzzle by trying to put pieces in that dont fit, midfielders playing as wingers, centre halves playing as fullbacks, and most of our players playing in positions they are not comfortable with, is not the best way to produce a Winning team. Hopefully that problem will be addressed by the manager come summertime.

Yeah, i agree on the odd ball Pat, but both players where more renowned for their tigerish Tackling on the opponents, and driving the team forward, a la Keane, Viera, Gerrard, and such, altho Reidy and Brace could pass a ball it was usually to give it to someone else who had the Ability to do the damage.

PS............. Thought it was Reidy who got pulled down by Moran. ??? I May be wrong.