IGNORED

Summer Is Crucial

Come the summer we should have a place in europe, the TV money and have finished in a decent league position to show others that we can compete at the top. i therefore feel that this summer will be Moyes's most important period at the club, we can't afford to fail in europe like last time and we need consistancy in the league. he has to bring players who can offer something straight away, and sell the players we genuinly don't need, as the squad is small already, he can't afford anymore Kroldrups or Beattie's or Davies's and he needs to secure the long term futures of Cahil and Arteta.Anyone agree?

Yeh sure what Moyes does in the summer is crucial!You say we don't want

any more crap signings........when he signed those players(the ones mentioned

above)did moyes know how they would turn out?

Will be the same with who he buys this summer.....could be a Cahill or a Lescott

or maybe a kroldrup/VDM...Nuggent could be crap in the prem.It's a gamble!

What he can do is pre season build team spirit....it's supposed to be good,well

make it even better.

He needs to let a couple go...and certainly buy a few.

Lets be honest.If he gets it right,then fourth is possible.....gets it

wrong,even then no lower than 10th.Bit of a change from the pre

Moyes days!.

For me Manny is a must signing , then securing the future of AJ , TC , MIkel , joleon , and making sure no one comes sniffing around Vaughany and Victor , then start thinking about new signings , nugent ? , luke young ? sidwell ? , and maybe a quick wide player , no chance of aaron lennon but someone similar

I think every summer in the premiership is becoming more crucial every summer really but with this one,hopefully we are going to see some of the new money being throwin in from the tv side of the game. We cant really afford to let many players go from our already paper thin squad. If people are to go I would be happy aslong as its the likes of Beattie, VDM, Pistone & Wright, we need to bring in players that are going to be able to come in and do a job.People are saying lets go and splash the cash on Nugent which for me is stupid,lets get our heads straight,yes hes a blue and the lad as a great errory of skill but the money Preston will ask if they dont get into the topflight will be well over the top,and we need two out and out wingers,aswell as more bodies in the middle of the park.If we do go out and get our players early I really think we will come out of at the start of next season flying.But lets not throw all our eggs in one basket,or two as the case with Manny & Nugent.

Edited by Tony Montana

didnt TC sign a 5 year deal last yr to tie him down long term!

Nope, I think come summer time he has a year left on his contract

He did sign an improved contract to make him one of our top earners

When isnt a transfer period crucial? We need another right/central defender

We wont sign any more midfielders (except fernandez).

I think well sign a few squad players, maybe not big names

And I fully expect to sign another BT, Kroldrup or Davies as thats life, it will always hapen

Come the summer we should have a place in europe, the TV money and have finished in a decent league position to show others that we can compete at the top. i therefore feel that this summer will be Moyes's most important period at the club, we can't afford to fail in europe like last time and we need consistancy in the league. he has to bring players who can offer something straight away, and sell the players we genuinly don't need, as the squad is small already, he can't afford anymore Kroldrups or Beattie's or Davies's and he needs to secure the long term futures of Cahil and Arteta.Anyone agree?

Ofcourse players need to come in but we need to be careful not to disrupt the team (especially at the back). Prior to the last Euro adventure when we sold STUBBS I thought that was a big mistake, not because he was fantastic but because he gave us stability and then we got twatted by Dynamo thingo. Suppose the back 4 is more stable now than it was back then but still MOYES should be very careful, I'm sure he's learnt from last time.