5 replies to this topic

#1 xsaint

xsaint

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 Apr 2007 - 16:18

During the last game De silva played for few minutes.....within that few minutes i was able to see some silky touches from him and he seemed like a ball winner who is tuff to beat. Do you think we should remould him to take up Lee carsley's place in the squad. I feel it would be a real waste to release him at the end of the season for a player whom once we eagerly awaited. I hope he plays more in Blue shirt and hopfully he is a hit in the defensive midfield role....why waste $$ to get a replacement when we can remould him?

What do you think? He deserve a place?

Comments please!

#2 Joe

Joe

Big Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 Apr 2007 - 16:19

The few minutes that I saw of him on Sunday was not enough time for me to judge his ability. I would have to see more of him before I decided.

#3 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 18 Apr 2007 - 18:23

think he should be given a try tbh, hopefully he can be a good player at our club!

#4 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 18 Apr 2007 - 18:28

I cant understand why anyone thinks he's going anywhere??

It took him ages to get here and then after getting up his fitness and acclimatising to England he's played a few reserve games, sat on the bench twice & made a substitute appearence. So if Mr Careful Moyes thinks he can rely on him now for ten minutes surly he sees enough in him to think he can do a job!

#5 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,121 posts

Posted 18 Apr 2007 - 19:03

hes on a short term contract. runs out this summer.
thats why people think if he hasnt done enough to impress he will be let go...

#6 xsaint

xsaint

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2007 - 02:40

hes on a short term contract. runs out this summer.
thats why people think if he hasnt done enough to impress he will be let go...

Precisely, the short term contract is what worries me here....was it true when we approached him there were others clubs who were intrested in him? If that is true, then i suppose he suould have been a fairly good player and I hope he can stay a bit longer (at least one more year) and prove his worth...and hopefully he can be a more skillful lee carsley!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users