48 replies to this topic

#1 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 11:51

Can anyone explain to me why we are recalling Turner after tomorrows game?

We play tomorrow too so he aint recalling him for the bench or to play so why are we not letting him see out the remainder of the season with the owls??

Am I missing something?

#2 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 12:27

Howard can't play against United.

TIM HOWARD is aiming to close in on a modern clean sheet record at Upton Park tomorrow – before taking an enforced break from Everton’s Euro bid.

The great Neville Southall holds Everton’s clean sheet record in the Premiership era – 15 shut-outs during the 1994-95 campaign, which includes the club record of seven in a row.

Howard has kept 13 so far this season – but knows he can only play in three of Everton’s four remaining matches.

The American will be a spectator when Manchester United visit Everton next weekend in a match that could have a vital bearing on the destination of the Premiership title.

Howard is barred from facing his old club this season under an agreement reached when he made the £3 million move from Old Trafford to Goodison Park.

#3 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 12:47

Yeah but we're not recalling turner until after he plays for sheff wed tomorrow so why bring him back at all??

#4 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 13:07

Cos Man Utd's game is next week, Probs only be on the bench and will play Teflon.
Tho it should be the other way round cos Turners been playing regular, and turning in some good perfs.

#5 GoldfishMemory

GoldfishMemory

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 15:59

Cos Man Utd's game is next week, Probs only be on the bench and will play Teflon.
Tho it should be the other way round cos Turners been playing regular, and turning in some good perfs.

:|

Ok so I got completely lost with that one.

If he's bringing him back he should play he's been doing well and will be razor sharp in comparison to Dickie!

#6 Foxon

Foxon

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 16:17

:|

Ok so I got completely lost with that one.

If he's bringing him back he should play he's been doing well and will be razor sharp in comparison to Dickie!

He SHOULD lol but moyes seems to have faith in richard wrong (i believe he is a lost cause) we should give turner a chance because if next season howard gets injured (touch wood that wont happen) and wrong has left (i hope) we will need to rely on him unless we bring westerveld in again. :P

#7 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 17:02

I see that other 17 year old Goalie (SWEDISH.??) has signed a two year Deal.

#8 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 17:25

Lars Stubhaug...and he's Norwegian (so Swedish is close enough :lol: ).

Surely that means someone's on their way and it can't be Ruddy or Turner. Only one possibility...

The non-stick flying man is leaving the building B) !

#9 Foxon

Foxon

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 Apr 2007 - 17:51

Lars Stubhaug...and he's Norwegian (so Swedish is close enough :lol: ).

Surely that means someone's on their way and it can't be Ruddy or Turner. Only one possibility...

The non-stick flying man is leaving the building B) !

i hope Richard Wrong dont play against united if he does i dont think we have a chance lol

#10 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 21 Apr 2007 - 10:01

yeh id rather play our lars in goal ahead of wright. but id play turner preferably

#11 Foxon

Foxon

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 Apr 2007 - 14:03

i would rather BT in goal lol he cant score so he might be better at stopping goals lol

#12 MIFTHEBINO

MIFTHEBINO

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 12:25

I've been watching Ian's progress from afar and he's had a cracking stint at both Palace and Wednesday- I hope he gets his chance in the team as I think he is ready for it.

#13 brummieblue

brummieblue

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 12:57

My uncle is a season ticket holder at Palace and from talking to him he does not seem to think that Turner is at the standard required to keep in the Prem atm he says that his shot stopping is very good and natural reflexes are brilliant but he says that he tends to be a bit unsure on bossing his area and when to come for the ball on crosses or to let the defence deal with it, saying that he believes that this will improve and that he is a real prospect but not quite at the stage where he is ready for the first team.

#14 brummieblue

brummieblue

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 12:58

Saying that I would rather he played than Wright! Hope everyone ready for that heart in the mouth feeling tomorrow!

#15 Blue_Scouser1878

Blue_Scouser1878

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 13:40

Turner should play, simply for the fact that Wright was happy to sit on his ar*e for the rest of the season getting paid, rather than to ask for a transfer in january.

#16 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,217 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 14:15

http://www.evertonfc...ts-on-five.html

He is playing

#17 Blue_Scouser1878

Blue_Scouser1878

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 14:46

Nice 1 Moyesey!!! After all his talk about Wright this week i thought it would be him!

#18 Jackelz

Jackelz

Jake da Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 14:53

Nice 1 Moyesey!!! After all his talk about Wright this week i thought it would be him!

yeh same! i think the sh*t hit the fan abit though as people knew how well turner had done they want him to play an moyes haf been almost bullied into changing his mind. It will be intreststing to see!!

#19 Blue Blooded Bootle Buck!

Blue Blooded Bootle Buck!

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 15:02

Thank god for that!Now alls we need is a fit striker!

#20 Blue4Ever

Blue4Ever

Peter Reid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 15:19

I really dont think 451 would be sensible considering it is like a must win game we need 2 upfront no matter who.

Man Utd has a very strong midfield and even if we add another midfielder I dont think it would make much differance however if we could have 2 strikers it would put uniteds defence under severe pressure with Fernandes + Mikel providing good service.

#21 MIFTHEBINO

MIFTHEBINO

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 21:20

Feeling a bit nervous for the guy now as he is looking for him to do well if he is to peform with Howard next season, or so it says!

Man U is the most in form team down there and it'll be a huge test for Ian. I have my fingers crossed he can do well and show his ability in this game. ;)

#22 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 27 Apr 2007 - 22:08

Must say am looking forwaqrd to watchinh Iain.

Was more than dreading the other fellow anyway.

I am happy with this decison.

#23 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 07:47

actions speak louder than words, bye bye dickie!

thou moyes did say they want to see if he can support howard next term

#24 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 14:06

wish wright would have played

#25 Foxon

Foxon

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 14:15

he did well considering that this is his first real premiership start also he made a good few saves. i wish fernades started in middle and osman on wing and BT upfront and neville on bench

Edited by Foxon, 28 Apr 2007 - 14:24.

#26 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 14:22

It might have been a 2-6 hiding if he had, We'll never know now will we, i dont think Teflon will play for this club again.

#27 thebluenose

thebluenose

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 15:12

watching the game i thought turner did well. although he made a dreadful mistake for their first goal he did ok. made a few good saves including one from ronaldo.

#28 Joe

Joe

Big Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 16:16

watching the game i thought turner did well. although he made a dreadful mistake for their first goal he did ok. made a few good saves including one from ronaldo.

He did have a few good saves but his one big mistake was HUGE. It might be unfair to say but if he hadn't dropped that ball I think we would have gotten atleast 1 point maybe even 3. The momentum changed after that. We definitely missed Howard today. It is a very tough loss to swallow.

#29 thebluenose

thebluenose

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 16:21

yeh it was that mistake that changed it. he lost his confidence coz before that he was doing realy well.

#30 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 18:10

apart from the obvious he gave a good account of himself, much more inspiring than tef

#31 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 18:15

I agree, it was a massive game for him to play in but we all wanted him rather than Teflon, and we must accept that nobody is above making a gaff now and again.

I think he is a good keeper, and would'nt be unduly concerned if he played again next week.

#32 Dunny the Blue

Dunny the Blue

Ian "Dunny" Dunstan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 19:58

I totally agree with everything thats been said about him. He looked good appart from his mistake, which to be fair to him, nerves would have played a huge part. Only his second start in the premiership so his over all game was good. I think he needs to work on other areas of decision making too, looked a little eager to rush out. Wright is gone in my opinion.

#33 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,217 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 20:08

I agree with everyone above really. That mistake changed the game totally, I think we would have won if not for that tbh. Also his positioning and decision making is atrocious, he needs to sort it out.

#34 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 22:17

he did well considering that this is his first real premiership start also he made a good few saves. i wish fernades started in middle and osman on wing and BT upfront and neville on bench

BT start...so he could do what? not touch the ball for the entire game?
and he had another chance to start a game... he got himself sent off

2 games 2 big mistakes ... hmmm

#35 Mac

Mac

Hang the Kopites one by one on the banks of the royal blue Mers

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2007 - 22:36

No need to lay the sarcasm on with a trowel Mike, we all know he is shit, in fact even he knows he is shit. How does he sleep at night?, on a big pile of cash, laughing his fat arse off.

ATB

Mac

#36 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 29 Apr 2007 - 01:15

why not ... everyone else uses sarcasm, and we obviously all dont seens as some1 thinks he should have started

#37 Bluetrip

Bluetrip

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 Apr 2007 - 01:37

I have to admit I will be a lot more nervous next time Turner's standing in for Howard now I've seen him make a mistake like that. As previously mentioned, it's the second almighty calamity in as many games. He did make a couple of excellent saves though. Notably against Rooney and Ronaldo - who are possibly the last two players in the Premiership you want bearing down on your keeper one on one. So credit where it's due, but a keeper's value is judged on consistency and the mistakes made and at 22 he can't afford many more at this level, especially when you consider the likes of Czech, Reina and the up and coming Ben Foster are only 24.

I don't think it's fair to make Turner the sole scapegoat though. We looked like coneceding for the majority of the match giving posession away far too cheaply and they were running us down every time we didnt. This is a personal gripe of mine, it requires desire not skill to keep pressure on for 90 minutes but we don't do it. For two of the goals Stubbs was completely out of position and that combined with his and Hibbert's resolute insistance on hoofing a direct ball whenever the ball comes their way contributed to us staying on the back foot for most of the game. We got what we deserved in the end, nothing.

#38 Foxon

Foxon

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 Apr 2007 - 11:22

why not ... everyone else uses sarcasm, and we obviously all dont seens as some1 thinks he should have started

hey it just my opinion.

i hate to say it but our strikers did nothing in that game really.

Vaughan didnt even have a shot on target, osman didnt i dont think.

Mcfadden came on and so did beattie none of them had a shot

when manure got back in to it we didnt even try to attack them, we just had 10 men in our own half. we didnt clear the ball and made some stupid mistakes. we nearly had the win in the bag for the first 60 mins you could show someone who has never played football and tell them that is how to play, then the other 30 mins well it speaks for itself

i believe that if we started with fernades in middle osman on the wing and neville on bench and BT or Mcfadden up front they may have done more.

Edited by Foxon, 29 Apr 2007 - 11:25.

#39 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,217 posts

Posted 29 Apr 2007 - 16:00

hey it just my opinion.

i hate to say it but our strikers did nothing in that game really.

Vaughan didnt even have a shot on target, osman didnt i dont think.
Mcfadden came on and so did beattie none of them had a shot

when manure got back in to it we didnt even try to attack them, we just had 10 men in our own half. we didnt clear the ball and made some stupid mistakes. we nearly had the win in the bag for the first 60 mins you could show someone who has never played football and tell them that is how to play, then the other 30 mins well it speaks for itself

i believe that if we started with fernades in middle osman on the wing and neville on bench and BT or Mcfadden up front they may have done more.

That would be because he was being used as a battering ram. Osman on the wing? He hasnt been fit to wear the shirt this season but still Moyes plays him. Mcfadden should have played on the left with Fernandes in the middle, BT upfront with Vaughan just behind him where Osman played.

#40 Dunny the Blue

Dunny the Blue

Ian "Dunny" Dunstan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 29 Apr 2007 - 16:14

I agree about Osman, he hasnt done it for me this season, one or two moments of brilliance at the start but pretty weak by his standards towards the end. Yes Beatts should start, with Vaughn up top winning everything and then laying them off to him, how many times did we see Vaughn winning the header but finding no one in support of him. Start Beatts and give him the full fucking game!! Im past caring about everyones opinion of him cos the fact is he's OUR striker and so support him instead of scape goating him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users