IGNORED

Alan Ball ........ R.i.p.

I'm shocked and saddened, i couldnt believe it when i heard it was a heart attack, he had the heart of a lion.

I had the pleasure of seeing this man in action every week. covered every blade of grass on the park in every game, could play as midfielder, could play as winger, he could be a defender, and he could score goals too ( 20 goals in one season ).

Also had a bit of devilment in him, once saw him sit down on the ball during a game and invite the defender to come and take it off him, he could trap a ball with his arse, as it fell from the air towards him he would spin around and trap it as it hit the floor, always liked a bit of pisstaking because he was so good and supremely confident.

In an era when there where many great footballers, this man was one of the greatest, always loved Everton and never wanted to leave. Will be sadly missed by all who came in contact with him, A true and real Everton Legend.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and close friends, thanks for all the pleasure you gave me Alan, and Rest in Peace.

Bill.

I'm shocked and saddened, i couldnt believe it when i heard it was a heart attack, he had the heart of a lion.

I had the pleasure of seeing this man in action every week. covered every blade of grass on the park in every game, could play as midfielder, could play as winger, he could be a defender, and he could score goals too ( 20 goals in one season ).

Also had a bit of devilment in him, once saw him sit down on the ball during a game and invite the defender to come and take it off him, he could trap a ball with his arse, as it fell from the air towards him he would spin around and trap it as it hit the floor, always liked a bit of pisstaking because he was so good and supremely confident.

In an era when there where many great footballers, this man was one of the greatest, always loved Everton and never wanted to leave. Will be sadly missed by all who came in contact with him, A true and real Everton Legend.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and close friends, thanks for all the pleasure you gave me Alan, and Rest in Peace.

Bill.

Really nothing more to say than that, he was one of my first idols, I can't believe he has gone, R.I.P. Bally

He made me support the Blues, saw him play alot in our terrific team of late 60s beginning of the 70s. Had the pleasure of meeting him about 10 yrs ago. When he knew I was an Evertonian he said simply "I love that club". Says it all. Condolences to his family, RIP, Bally.

Never had the pleasure of watching him play but can remember all the stories my dad told me about him. But it doesn't take a genuis to know that he was a legend at Everton and will be sorely missed by many Everton fans who have and haven't seen him play but his legend will live on in Everton.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RIP bally, I only ever seen him in action on videos/dvds, but his legend was well know to me, my dad told me tales of how he coverd every inch of grass every game week in week out. He was a part of possibly our greatest ever midfield in the 70's and will be missed.

Another hero gone. Don't believe it...been on my mind all day. My absolute idol as a kid, I was a ten year old right winger with red hair and white boots in 1970, wanted to be Alan Ball. Can remember like it was yesterday hearing the result that gave us the championship...I hand wrote it on the list of honours on the pennant on my bedroom wall which was a shrine to Bally, pictures everywhere....ripped it all down in floods of tears when he left :) .

The world's a poorer place without him.

As a kid when you play as a name from your club, I was always Alan Ball.

A hero to many, a good man, wonderful player and a true Evertonian, the amount of clubs this man touched is awesome.

Thanks for everything Alan, gone but never forgotten.

R.I.P.

ATB

Jon.

Where do i start? i woke up this morning to the sad news that my hero had passed away, i dont mind admitting i cried my eyes out. For the Evertonians on here, who didnt have the honour of watching this man play, i would say this, he was a superstar in the true sense of the word, he had more passion and ability in his big toe than the vast majority of todays players. This man would run himself in to the ground in every game he played, losing wasnt in his scheme of things, he also demanded every other player in the team gave the same committment as himself, and if they didnt he would let them know in no uncertain terms. He would intimidate opposing players both vocally and with the ball, nobody could ever come near him in terms of his determination to win every game. Bally had a temper, not a bad thing in my book, and he got into trouble with referees because of it, often ending in a suspension. He never ever wanted to leave this club, he was told by Harry Catterick that it 'was good business' because the club doubled their money with the offer Arsenal had put on table. It was the saddest day of my life when he went, i couldnt believe my hero was going, the best player bar none as far as i was concerned. This man is the best player i have ever seen in the blue shirt, RIP Bally, you will never ever be forgotten.

some scum liverpool fans have already made jokes about it :angry: my mate went to tell me and i just slammed the phone down, not even gone 24hours and there already making jokes, sick cunts :angry:

Calm down mate everyone does it, it's bad tast but nothing malicious and most of us here have been guilty of it at some time like when steve irwin died etc.

Besides Everton have banned Andy Johnson form attending the funeral in case he dives in the box :P

Calm down mate everyone does it, it's bad tast but nothing malicious and most of us here have been guilty of it at some time like when steve irwin died etc.

Besides Everton have banned Andy Johnson form attending the funeral in case he dives in the box :P

i know where your coming from mate, but the fella hasnt even been dead 24 hours.