IGNORED

Everton Team Next Year

saaby

does moyes have a point in those words tho?

i dont know i didnt see the game, maybe some one who did could say if manny was any good second half.

but tbh id still have him, hes going to be a top player and we should sign him ASAP.

Or maybe its a cover up by moyes.....

I think its a fair comment from Moyes - its not like Manny is going to be cheap to buy - Benfica want top dollar for a 21 year old. So he must have all the goods in his locker to warrant that type of fee.

We have seen some lovely touches from the youngster, and a quailty goal at the weekend - But I am glad we have got a manager who isn't blinkered in his assessment of a player or in aure of a few decent touches and a quality strike. £8M - £12M isn't small change to spend on a 21 midfeild player who dosen't like to put a full 90min in.

Over the years the league is scattered with player who have some 'sexy' touchs, but who don't like to put 100% in to every game.

You can afford that sort of luxury player up front or at a push out wide, but not as part of the heartbeat of the team in the middle of the park.

I admit I am also somebody who has been championing for the signiture of Manny, but maybe I also need to take my rose tinted glasses off, and not be overalled by seeing some nice touches at the expence of being a good all round team player.

That brings me to Joey Barton, for all the 'thing' surrounding the lad. He is a hard worker, can tackle, score and put in some very, very nice killer passes. One thing you are sure with Barton is on the pitch he will put a shift in and has a touch of quality about him. At around £5M is also good value for money for a seasoned Premiership player.

I have to say at this moment in time - Barton still edges it for me over Manny as a signiture I would like to see this summer. At 25 he is just now only just coming in to his prime for me.

Forgot to put my ideall starting line up (as well as realistic starting line up)

Howard

Nellive Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Barton Sidwell D'alessandro

Nugent Johnston

Bench - Turner, Hibbert, Cahill, McFadden, Vaughan,

But could more than live with Cahill playing in place of Sidwell.

One thing we have in commen of the teams posted is Joey Barton - To have a very good holding/defensive midfeilder with a very good passing ability would be a huge step forward. AJ would thrive on some of Bartons passes.

A left back and decent midfeild balance has to be the prioriy this season. Could aslo live with Lescott playing as a left back if we can get onther decent centre back.

Rob said.........""That brings me to Joey Barton, for all the 'thing' surrounding the lad. He is a hard worker, can tackle, score and put in some very, very nice killer passes. One thing you are sure with Barton is on the pitch he will put a shift in and has a touch of quality about him. At around £5M is also good value for money for a seasoned Premiership player.

I have to say at this moment in time - Barton still edges it for me over Manny as a signiture I would like to see this summer. At 25 he is just now only just coming in to his prime for me.""

Somebody with a bit of sense. If Fernandes doesnt meet DMs criteria in the workrate department he wont pay that money for him, Joey Barton (despite the problems he carries about with him) still does it on the pitch, and i would go up to seven mill for Barton more so than for fernandes.

Well that is part of the story I read on NSNO, they mention that it seems Moyes doesnt want Fernandes and prefers Barton. I agree with Licker and Rob Barton is a fantastic player and his effort plus skill is what we need. With Fernandes it looks like we get the skill without the effort to be fair.

he is hardly gonna come out an kiss fernandes's ass as we havnt even signed him yet. He is not raving off him sending up the price. This is a very cute move by moysey youd have to be mad not to see the potentail class in this kid. plus its kind of a test to manny to see if he can push it up another level??? -that i would love to see

I'm sorry but if Barton is such a top performer then why are Man City 13th in the table? I agree he is a good player and is certainly City's best player but we are currently a top six team looking to improve on that, and I don't think Barton could take us beyond that. He has six goals and four assists this season - it's hardly sensational is it? Add to that he's a gobshite and a trouble maker.

I'm sorry but if Barton is such a top performer then why are Man City 13th in the table? I agree he is a good player and is certainly City's best player but we are currently a top six team looking to improve on that, and I don't think Barton could take us beyond that. He has six goals and four assists this season - it's hardly sensational is it? Add to that he's a gobshite and a trouble maker.

Maybe it's because the other 10 players on his team arent very good? Like he's said in the press recently. Just a thought.

i would like to see this as my starting 11 next season

Howard

Nellive Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta fernandes Cahill D'alessandro

B .mcarthy Johnson

i think fernandes is a must this guy gonna be ace, if u want quality then u got to pay the prices going am afraid, so it depends on what moyes has to spend in the summer, if its not much i think he will go for barton, but imo i dont think he is able to take everton any further

i was dithering about nugent or mccarthy so im gonna go with mccarthy as he is a proven goal scorer in premiership, as much as i like nugent, i dont know anout him just yet and 6.5m is a lot of money for someone who is unproven

so i hope moyes pulls this off and ill be a very happy scottish toffee

I think a few others need to take of the rose tinted Fernandez specs of like I and a few other have, not sure you can call him class just yet.

As with regard to Sidwell - mark my words he is also a very decent midfeilder and would give Cahill a run for his money in all round playing ability and finding the back of the net - he has played a massive part in ensuring Reading are only 3 point behind Everton (with a game in hand). Being available on a free transfer this summer will make him excellent value for money. I would love him in the squad - better than Cahill - well I would like to see those two battling for a starting line up that for sure.

Man City would be a lot lower than 13th without Barton in the team. He wouldn't be a player who would go hidding in a game. A little class from the defensive midfeilder is a easy way to improve a team as long as you get the player with that quality - Barton is proven Prem player and within our budget. So would be the player I would be chasing first of all if I was Moyes.

6 goals and 4 assist for a defensive midfeilder with 10 poor players around him is fairly sensational if you ask me. Don't forget you are talking about a player who would take the Carsley/Neville unsung hero role and not a Cahill type of attacking midfielder. And thats why he is a better option than Fernandez in my opinion. You really need to think about the overall role he will have in the middle of the park. Fernandez in that role just isn't going to work in my opinion.

...........................Howard.....................

Hibbert......Yobo........Lescott........Bridge

Arteta........Barton.....Carsley........Cahill

..................Nugent....vaughan..............

Subs Turner, Nevill, Osman, Johnson, Anichebe

I couldnt see Nugent and Vaughan starting over AJ. He has been our best striker and goal scorer all year and for 8 million he isnt going to come off the bench.

Not sure I'm with this one, are we alowed players we can get or just totally what you want.

Ill go with who we could get. for now..............

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Valente

Arteta Carsley Nolan Fernandez

Johnson Beattie

Subo's - Turner, Cahill, Nugent, Stubbs, Anechebe/Vaughn

Edited by Dunny the Blue

I agree that the Barton is good and that Man City would be doing worse without him. But I just don't see him as a top player, and I also don't agree that he's really a defensive midfielder. He does get back and tackle but then so does Arteta, and that doesn't make him a defensive midfielder. If you think he's got those goals and assists as a holding player then I disagree - I'd say he's more of an attacking midfielder and I think we could do better.

-------------------Howard------------------

Neville----Yobo-------Lescott-------Velente

Arteta-----Barton-----Cahill-------(Problem area?!?!?!)

-----------Johnson-----Nugent--------

Subs: Turner, Hibbert, Vaughun, Anichebe, Carsley

As can be seen, the 2 main additions to our squad are Nugent, Barton, and hopefully a left winger.

I think in the centre of the park, we will have plenty of bite and drive in Barton and Cahill. Both are also able to score goals.

Nugent and Johnson should hopefully form a good partnership and there pace add an extra dimension to our game. We have good cover from young strikers anichebe and Vaughun.

I would have included Fernandes in the starting line up, if we can manage to get him, with barton moving to the right and arteta to the left.

Comeonblueboys said ..... Barton"" I'd say he's more of an attacking midfielder and I think we could do better.""

Better than Barton ........Who, and at what price. :blink: C'mon lads be realistic, Cahill wide left :o Johnson on the Bench :lol::lol:.

Your havin a laugh are'nt you, Get real. :rolleyes:

Ive only seen two people put Cahill wide left, and as for Barton I for one fail to see why the sun shines out of his arse (not that he keeps it in shorts that often). He scores some cracking goals and has an incredible work rate but he also has a horrible little aggressive side on him that i dont like. I agree that there are other players available that would do the job, ive already tried putting Nolan in there and i could see him and Cahill/Carsley forming a wonderful partnership.

Howard

Johnson Beattie

It's completely beyond my understanding how anyone can have tiniest sliver of hope that BT can still do a job for us.. I admire your faith Dunny but I think you're hopelessly wrong.

He has to go, for himself as much as us, no point prolonging the agony any longer....if he was a horse he'd have been down the glue factory months ago (but I'm with you on Barton, wouldn't care how good a player he is, he's an obnoxious shite).

Edited by MikeO

Ive only seen two people put Cahill wide left, and as for Barton I for one fail to see why the sun shines out of his arse (not that he keeps it in shorts that often). He scores some cracking goals and has an incredible work rate but he also has a horrible little aggressive side on him that i dont like. I agree that there are other players available that would do the job, ive already tried putting Nolan in there and i could see him and Cahill/Carsley forming a wonderful partnership.

Thank God it's not just me, well said Ian. Personally I feel if we can keep the nucleus of what we have at the moment, things will be tickety boo next year, Manny would be a great addition, shore up the defence with a left back, and some cover for sick note at right back.

The thing is, the players in the squad have gotten us to where we are at the moment, stick with them, except BT, sell the fucker to evostik, it's our best bet of clawing some money back. Unless one of the Glasgow 2 come in with some silly money.

ATB

Mac

Comeonblueboys said ..... Barton"" I'd say he's more of an attacking midfielder and I think we could do better.""

Better than Barton ........Who, and at what price. :blink: C'mon lads be realistic, Cahill wide left :o Johnson on the Bench :lol::lol:.

Your havin a laugh are'nt you, Get real. :rolleyes:

I agree Licker.

Not sure I'm with this one, are we alowed players we can get or just totally what you want.

Ill go with who we could get. for now..............

Howard

Johnson Beattie

I hope your joking, Neville is total shite sell him off with BT, Carlsey has been good over the years but I think he will be more of a squad player ( Meaning incase of injures and maybe against a good team if were going 451

BT...we have give him enough chances and he wont change we all want him to come good but he simply wont.

Fernandes AINT a left winger thats why he can't do anything because we play him out of position moyes will ruin another player if we continue to play him there. He's a center midfielder FFS!

Howard

Hibbo Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Fernandes Cahill D'alessandro

Johnson Vaughan

Turner

Stubbs

Neville/Carlsey

Vaughan

Victor A

^ That would be realistic

Us All Dreaming, Well Me Anyway lol

Howard

Hibbo Yobo Lescott Bridge

Arteta Barton Fernandes D'alessandro

Johnson McCarthy

Turner

Stubbs

Neville/Cahill (To have that team we would probly have to sell him sadly)

Carlsey

Vaughan

Edited by Blue4Ever

Barton's so called aggressive streak is exactly what we need, Cahill has it but not the skill to go with it and he can't tackle particularly well. Barton has everything we need with the money we have available. Im telling you know Barton wouldnt have disappeared on Saturday when the going got tough like Fernandes did. Fair enough Fernandes wasnt the only one, but Barton would have been shouting at everyone to calm down and do their jobs, much like what Neville should have been doing but didnt. If we signed Barton he would be our next captain after Neville if he could stop with his antics. Mark ;) my words