IGNORED

Everton Team Next Year

saaby

I put d'alassandro in my team as he is probabley the most decent left sided player we have been linked with, as somebody said, he is one signing we could do with. somebody suggested a team with a question mark on the left - highlighting the lack of affordable talent on that side of the pitch.

Comeonblueboys mentioned that Barton isn't a defensive midfeilder, well the fact is he actually is - He is the player who breaks up the ooppositions play. Poor arument saying he can't be a defensive player becasue he has scored goals. if you are going to debate at least know what you are talking about If you don't know the type of player he is watch him on match of the day, or just do an internet search on the type of player he is. The reason Barton thinks he should be in the England squad is to be the holding player alongside Gerrard or Lampard, not to play in the attacking role. He thinks of himself in as a defensive midfeilder.

Comeonblueboys do you really think we are in the market for Gerrard, Lampard or Essian as they are the player that are in the bracket of better than Barton.

The bonus with Barton is from that defensive role he can also deliver intellegent and quality passes, and get on the score sheet. With AJ's speed and the ability of Barton to get quality passes from deep on the counter attack, for me is a very exciting prospect.

Romey has it spot on, he won't be the type of player that dissapeared from the game like Fernandez did on Saturday. I agree Barton is the type of player that will make a good captain. He is somebody who want to give 100% on the pitch and expects everybody around him doing the same.

I know his off feild antics have left a little to be desired, but hopefully those are behind him. Not bothered about his moon, that was all done in good humour I would say, nothing sinister.

He can play football, and play it well, so I am more than happy for Moyes to pay out £5.5m on him, warts and all. I will take my chances, as even though he has had his incidents he has still done the business on the pitch.

I totally agree with what your saying about him not dissapearing and being counted but I just keep thinking about that atroucious tackle he did on Pedro Mendes, unacceptable as a footballer. He may be a great footballer but he needs calming the fuck down in some asspects. If Moyes is the man to do then so beit but if it comes back and bites us in the arse i'm not gona be the one waving my "told you so" banner!! d'alassandro is a total unknown quantity to me so i wouldnt like to judge him, and as for Beatts, well I'm always gona keep faith no matter what the future holds for him, unfortuantly he doesnt have time on his side and if theres profit to be made then it has to be done, however the profit must be spent wisely and not pissed away on a chance successor. Nugent/Chopra, are the perfect ventures for me as they are young and hungry to prove they are premiership standard, they both have big futures ahead of them and it would be nice if that future was tith Everton Football Club.

Edited by Dunny the Blue

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Barton Cahill (Unknown at the moment)

AJ Nugent

Don't have a clue at the moment who we would sign (if anyone) on the left. I know they were looking at the American Justin Mapp but at the moment I don't think he is good enough to fill that role for us. He would be a lot better coming on as a sub. I have heard D'Alassandro mentioned but expect it to be just another rumor.

I agree with those who say we could use a natural left winger. I'm gonna throw a few names out there along with the question, which of these players would interest you most if you were the manager? Or would you rather have D'Alessandro over any of them?

* Matthew Taylor, Portsmouth (8 goals, 4 assists this season; contract runs through 2010; were some rumors that Moyes was interested earlier this season)

* Chris Brunt, Sheff Wed (10 goals, 10 assists this season; contract expires after next season; saw that he popped up on our transfer rumor board a few weeks ago, but has said - publicly, anyway - that he'd be happy to stay at Wednesday)

* Jason Koumas, West Brom (9 goals, 13 assists this season; Welsh international can play left or central midfield; said last month that he wants to move to the Prem, and WBA's asking price is apparently around £4 million; Moyes inquired about him four years ago but WBA didn't want to sell him at the time; rumor mill says he's keen on going to Portsmouth, though)

* Lee Cook, QPR (4 goals, 15 assists this season; contract runs through 2009; has been linked to a Premiership move, but QPR's Chairman said - publicly, anyway - that they don't want to sell him, which means their asking price is probably outrageous)

* Gary McSheffrey, Birmingham (17 goals, 19 assists this season; contract runs through 2009; probably zero chance that BC would move him this offseason since he's their best player and they just got promoted, but I throw his name out there anyway just because Moyes supposedly had an eye on him when he was at Coventry)

Oh, and count me in the camp that wouldn't mind signing Barton. I like the thought of adding his competitive fire to the squad, and as one of our sportswriters on this side of the pond has said, a team with one head case on the squad can usually keep him under control. It's when you put two head cases together on the same team that you're in trouble. Well we have no head cases right now so far as I can tell, so if we add one (Barton) we still ought to be alright.

my team would have to be

Howard

Hibbert Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Cahill Barton Richardson

AJ Nugent

Bench turner, neville, vaughan, mcfadden, Anichebe

Think the team might be a bit unrealistic (meaning we will have to sign 4 new players) which i dont think we will.

Baines - I actually think wigan will get relageted so a bid for baines is a must, joining us would mean he wouldnt have to totally uproute his family to move

Barton - imo, could be a great player, we need an aggressive midfielder who can also use the ball well, barton fits the bill perfectly for me.

Richardson - some of you might disagree but he is actually a real left sided player, got great pace (which we need more off) and would give us a more balanced team. Still has some rough edges to his game but is a step up from anything we have at the moment. And it seems over the last 2/3 years we tend to sign one man u player so i'd take richardson.

Nugent - think he would be good in the premiership, another hard worker which would mean hell for defenders coming up against himself and AJ. Dont think many centre back would enjoy playing against these two. Both strikers need a few chances to put one away but i dont think we have the money to buy a striker that bags 25 goals a season. But there would be more goals from midfield than we normally get.

Barton will not be ar Everton next season , he's seen as too much of a bad dressing room influence by Moyes , Baines would be a great addition , as would Nogent , and Fernandes is a must !

Howard Hibbert yobo Lescott Baines ..... Arteta Neville Fernandes Cahill ..... AJ Nugent ,

The midfield are pretty versatile and don't neccesarily have to play in this formation , Ideally an out and out left winger could be signed but Baines does get forward effectively , A lot of you seem to have ignored Tony Hibbert , but he's had a bad season with illness and injury and except for saturday's cock up is a good right back

good call on richardson, im for a move for him. i think he is a decent player and would probs do well at everton. Wouldnt command much of a transfer fee, i'd say around £3m-4m maybe? SAF is going to be selling a few in the summer because of the amount of people signed onto united.