IGNORED

Uefa Cup

Looks like going in via Poland may be the way to do it LIam...

Officials from Everton and Everton Travel are currently in Kharkiv finalising details for the forthcoming game against FC Metalist Kharkiv.

It has come to light over the last 24 hours that there are concerns over the strength of the runway at Kharkiv airport and its capability to receive large charter aircraft from the UK. It has also come to our attention that there are currently unofficial packages being sold that will end up disappointing people due to the unsuitability of the aircraft.

This has meant a delay in confirming arrangements for official supporter packages as there is limited availability of aircraft that can actually land at Kharkiv.

Everton Travel are looking at all possible options including alternative airports to allow us to offer the best value and most convenient packages for all supporters wishing to attend the game.

For all supporters who have registered their details with Everton Travel we will announce further information on Monday 10th September.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may sing aloud, it doesn't help you, our boys will dispassionately hear your songs, but do their part.

I think the score will be 1:1 at Goodison park.

But seriously, I would like to ask you who is the best player in Everton now, on your opinion. And what the strongest side of your team? Defensing, forwarding, playmaking or half-backing?

IgorM!

I think perhaps you've been misled by some people here!

You ask who is our best player!.......I will be more honest,and just hope you don't pass this

information to your teams officials!

Best player is right back Hibbert!......no way will you have any luck against him,so don't even

think about going down the right hand side....try through the middle where we have the

new lad Lescott who seems weak and his partner Yobo who also isn't very good,that's the

way through our defence!

As for Arteta.......overated!!....you wont even need to mark him!

Our main front man Andy Johnson!Well he's ok....but bloody slow.

We also have a lad called Gravesen.....very shy and timid!!Get one of your boys to wind

him up,and he'll be very quiet.

Good luck!....and keep this to yourself :blink:

You may sing aloud, it doesn't help you, our boys will dispassionately hear your songs, but do their part.

I think the score will be 1:1 at Goodison park.

But seriously, I would like to ask you who is the best player in Everton now, on your opinion. And what the strongest side of your team? Defensing, forwarding, playmaking or half-backing?

IgorM!

I think perhaps you've been misled by some people here!

You ask who is our best player!.......I will be more honest,and just hope you don't pass this

information to your teams officials!

Best player is right back Hibbert!......no way will you have any luck against him,so don't even

think about going down the right hand side....try through the middle where we have the

new lad Lescott who seems weak and his partner Yobo who also isn't very good,that's the

way through our defence!

As for Arteta.......overated!!....you wont even need to mark him!

Our main front man Andy Johnson!Well he's ok....but bloody slow.

We also have a lad called Gravesen.....very shy and timid!!Get one of your boys to wind

him up,and he'll be very quiet.

Good luck!....and keep this to yourself :blink:

Damn u know our squad inside out, if Igorm told the club this they would batter us atleast double figures!!! but u failed to mention that Metalist strikers should just fire a Rocket shot straight at howad (keeper) he can't catch, so will deflect in!

and put in the Crunching tackles on Graveson and he will run away from ou when u come near him!

Good grief :o .

Standard Package : to include return flights from Liverpool John Lennon Airport to Kharkiv, coach transfers throughout, 4 - 5 hours in Kharkiv City Centre, official match ticket and the services of an Everton Travel representative throughout.

Price Per Person : £ 589.00 including airport tax

....including airport tax!?! I'd want it to include the exclusive services of half a dozen of Kharkiv's finest ladies of pleasure at that price!

Seems extortionate to me.

YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF A BIT CHEAPER, can get a flight only return to Kiev for about £180, then a rail express takes about 2 hours to Kharkiv for about 25 pounds, add food, drink, and ticket on top of that probs cost about £325/350 all in, but there could be problems on making all the connections. Its probably worth the extra money to let someone else do the worrying and alleviate those problems.

NICE ONE MIKE, i shall be taking off from Stansted tomorrow at kick-off time (12.05 actually) for a week just outside Alicante, so i will also miss the Euro game.

Got my phone rigged up for texts from the club for updates as they happen, team selection scores and scorers etc.

Enjoy your trip Mike, i think i will enjoy mine. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Guide to Everton’s opponents

AE LARISSA home October 25

Coach: Georgios Donis

Colours: Dark red

LARISSA have already caused a stir in this season’s UEFA Cup by eliminating Blackburn Rovers in the first round.

They qualified for the competition following a shock 2-1 win over Panathinaikos in the final of the Greek Cup last season.

It had been an otherwise disappointing season for Larissa as they finished just one point above the relegation zone in the Greek Super League.

As recently as 2003, they were in the third tier of competition after going bankrupt. But they then secured back-to-back promotions to return to the top flight.

Skippered by former Newcastle defender Nikos Dabizas, their most well-known player to Evertonians is striker Ibrahima Bakayoko, the Ivory Coast striker brought to Goodison by Walter Smith for £4.5million in 1998 only to be sold the following year after scoring just four times.

Larissa, managed by former Blackburn winger Georgios Donis, are currently in mid-table, although the start of the Greek domestic league was postponed for a month due to the summer fires in the country.

1.FC NURNBERG away November 8

Coach: Hans Meyer

Colours: Red and black

NURNBERG qualified for the UEFA Cup by virtue of lifting the German Cup, which ensured a first European campaign since 1988-89 and was complemented by a sixth place finish in the Bundesliga.

Nurnberg have won the German title nine times, but have been a perennial yo-yo club during the past 40 years and share the record for having been relegated from the Bundesliga the most times.

Nurnberg’s key players include Czech midfielder Tomas Galasek, Slovakian forwards Marek Mintal and Robert Vittek, and Greece striker Angelos Charisteas, who scored his country’s winner in the Euro 2004 final against Portugal.

Nurnberg’s 46,780-capacity easyCredit-Stadion was a venue at last year’s World Cup in Germany, England’s 2-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago one of five games held at the stadium.

Hans Meyer’s side are struggling in the Bundesliga this season and currently stand next to bottom with just one win in nine games.

ZENIT ST PETERSBERG home December 5

Coach: Dick Advocaat

Colours: Blue

THERE’S a Dutch connection to another of Everton’s group opponents, Zenit St Petersberg.

The appointment of Dick Advocaat in May 2006 ushered a new cosmopolitan era at the Russian side, with the Dutchman joined by players such as compatriot Fernando Ricksen, formerly of Rangers, and Turkey star Fatih Tekke.

Slovakia, Ukraine, Argentina, Croatia, Belgium, the Czech Republic and Norway are also represented in the squad, while Advocaat has also signed Kim Dong-Jin and Lee Ho from South Korea, the country he coached at last year’s World Cup.

Zenit’s best performance in Europe to date is a quarter-final appearance in the UEFA Cup in 2005-06, when they were beaten by eventual winners Sevilla.

Squad number 12 is reserved for the Zenit’s fanatical supporters, who are referred to as the 12th man.

Zenit finished third last year to qualify for the UEFA Cup. And with the Russian league operating outside the winter months, they currently head the table with just four games of the current season remaining.

AZ ALKMAAR away December 20

Coach: Louis van Gaal

Colours: Red and white

AZ qualified for the UEFA Cup by virtue of their third-place finish in Holland last season – but they’d be forgiven for not celebrating that fact.

Ahead of the Dutch Eredivisie on goal difference before the final round of fixtures last season, AZ lost on the last day of the season and PSV Eindhoven took the title.

That disappointment was compounded when Ajax won the play-off for the second Champions League spot.

AZ, led by former Barcelona coach Louis van Gaal for the past two seasons, reached the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup last season and the semi-finals in 2004-05.

Key players are Brazilian marksman Ari, Croatian goalkeeper Joey Didulica and highly-rated Italian striker Graziano Pelle.

However, AZ – who play at the 17,023-capacity DSB Stadion – have underwhelmed this season domestically and currently stand in mid-table

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The lineup for the knockout rounds is slowly starting to shape up.

Assured of group stage advancement as of now: Everton, Panathinaikos, Atletico Madrid, Villareal, Hamburg, Basel

Assured of finishing 3rd in Champions League groups: Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Slavia Prague

That's 9 out of 32 places booked so far, and up to six more could join them after today's round of games.

Edited by JD in DC

Amazing the difference between now and 1984/5. The first round had only thirty-two teams so we went straight in to the stage that it's now taken six games to reach....the opposition back then...

University College Dublin FC

Everton FC

Wrexham AFC

FC Porto

AŠK Inter Bratislava

FC Lahti

Ballymena United FC

Hamrun Spartans FC

Balaton FC

Larissa FC

APOEL FC

Servette FC

Wisla Kraków

ÍBV Vestmannæyjar

KAA Gent

Celtic FC

FC Dinamo Moskva

HNK Hajduk Split

FC Metz

FC Barcelona

Malmö FF

1. FC Dynamo Dresden

PFC Botev Plovdiv

US Luxembourg

SK Rapid Wien

Besiktas JK

B 1903 København

SC Fortuna Sittard

AS Roma

FC Steaua Bucuresti

FC Bayern München

Moss FK

Barcelona went out in the first round, won 4-2 at Metz but then lost the home leg 4-1 :o . Wrexham beat Porto on away goals :o:o . Larissa reached the last eight (I'd forgotten that).

Have to say that the last thirty-two this time around is looking a lot tougher than then :) .

Good link Mike, cant understand any of the language but looking at the league position they are lying 5th, just wondering if their season over. ??

Looks like it, played thirty games each....no promotion this year :( .

One nugget of info...Thomas Myhre started his career there, left for Viking at nineteen though.

Amazing the difference between now and 1984/5. The first round had only thirty-two teams so we went straight in to the stage that it's now taken six games to reach....the opposition back then...

...snip...

Quite an interesting list. Some of those clubs I've never even heard of. Wonder if they still exist? Of course, Europe itself only had about 30-35 footballing countries back then (versus 50+ now). That as much as anything necessitated expanding the tournament.

The UEFA Cup had twice the entry of the CWC and Euro Cup back then, so in fact over the three competitions there were 128 qualifying clubs, still a lot less than now. ManU managed the last eight before they lost to Videoton of Hungary (who eventually lost to Real Madrid in the two legged final). Notts Forest, QPR and Spurs were the other English teams.....wonder whatever happened to those three :lol: .

The lineup for the knockout rounds is slowly starting to shape up.

Assured of group stage advancement as of now: Everton, Panathinaikos, Atletico Madrid, Villareal, Hamburg, Basel

Assured of finishing 3rd in Champions League groups: Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, Slavia Prague

That's 9 out of 32 places booked so far, and up to six more could join them after today's round of games.

Add to the previous list: Spartak Moscow, Zurich, Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham, Bordeaux, and Helsingborg. That brings the total up to 15.

On the flip side, the teams officially ELIMINATED from UEFA Cup contention at this point (i.e. can't finish better than 4th in their groups) are: Larissa, Lokomotiv Moscow, Elfsborg, Toulouse, Sparta Prague, Red Star Belgrade, AaB, and Austria Vienna. Thanks for playing guys, and be sure to pick up your nice parting gifts on the way home.

Here's a few I found from list i.e europes new football landscape since etc:

Videoton are now FC Fehérvár (P.s they lost that final 3-0 @ Real Madrid but got up 1-0 @ home) Mike-> (anyone) would that have been the Real madrid of the amazing one " Ugo I'm on fire Sanchez " ? ( he was damn good)

The Videoton bit was due to being backed by a local electronics manufacturer of the same moniker.

AŠK Inter Bratislava are nowFK Inter Bratislava

ÍBV Vestmannæyjar no info on but it is a small icelandic island town of 4027 people that has active volcano's & was once home to the whale out of free willy..!!!

HNK Hajduk Split seem to have dropped the HNK

There are a cple of sides whom seem to Not or have never existed.

Trivial, I know-> I was bored :)

Add to the previous list: Spartak Moscow, Zurich, Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham, Bordeaux, and Helsingborg. That brings the total up to 15.

On the flip side, the teams officially ELIMINATED from UEFA Cup contention at this point (i.e. can't finish better than 4th in their groups) are: Larissa, Lokomotiv Moscow, Elfsborg, Toulouse, Sparta Prague, Red Star Belgrade, AaB, and Austria Vienna. Thanks for playing guys, and be sure to pick up your nice parting gifts on the way home.

some good sides there that have gone out, good competition this year

ÍBV Vestmannæyjar no info on but it is a small icelandic island town of 4027 people that has active volcano's & was once home to the whale out of free willy..!!!

There are a cple of sides whom seem to Not or have never existed.

IBV is currently playing in Iceland's second tier, the 1. deild karla (first division). Iceland is actually expanding its Premier League from 10 teams to 12 next season, so they're promoting three teams and only dropping one, but IBV as luck would have it finished fourth this year. :(

Here's some stuff I found on a few others.

1. FC Dynamo Dresden now plays as SG Dynamo Dresden. They are currently in the Regionalliga Nord (Northern Regional League), which is on the third tier of German football.

US Luxembourg no longer exists - they merged in 2005 with two other teams (CA Spora Luxembourg and CS Alliance 01) to form the squad that is now Racing FC Union Luxembourg, more commonly just Racing FC.

B 1903 doesn't exist anymore either - they merged with another club in 1992 to form the team that is currently sitting third in Group B, FC Copenhagen.