IGNORED

Players We Have Let Go

Think it happens at every club to a greater or lesser degree, kids develop at different rates so it's inevitable I think, still bloody annoying when someone comes back to grind the managers nose in it though :( .

Can work both ways though....it'd be lovely to take Arteta back to Barca and watch him cut them to pieces for example. Give us a couple of years, you never know....oh shit, I just woke up <_< .

Edited by MikeO

Didn't Blackburn pass on the chance to sign Zidane? Also didn't Doncaster release Kevin Keegan?

I aslo heard that Rooney was released for being too fat but then his mum came down and kicked off. Not sure if that last one is true though...

Yes, Yes it is

He also like grannies and doesnt like Everton anymore, so Ive heard

Let's not forget the MOTHER of all "No Thankyou's" ->Ruud Gullit, despo for some overseas experience @ the time of his Feyenord days, offered to us on a loan/option deal.

EFC at the time -> No thanks, doesnt look like he will make grade..!!!

We also were offered Deco when he was at Porto for 2 million, but he failed a medical. Tore Andre Flo before his Chelsea days, and subsequent 9 million pound transfer to Rangers was offered to us for 200k. Then there was Coventry, who turned down Horse head van nistlerooy, for a small amount before he went on to bigger things!

Tore Andre Flo before his Chelsea days, and subsequent 9 million pound transfer to Rangers was offered to us for 200k.

If I remember rightly Flo not signing was the whole background of Joe Royle leaving as manager. It was supposed to be Flo and another Norwegian (centreback I think, can't remember the name) signing - I think it was supposed to be for about £2 or £3 mil in total, so I don't think the 200k figure is right. But Johnson refused to sanction the transfers and Royle was gone within days.

Tore Andre Flo before his Chelsea days, and subsequent 9 million pound transfer to Rangers was offered to us for 200k.

If I remember rightly Flo not signing was the whole background of Joe Royle leaving as manager. It was supposed to be Flo and another Norwegian (centreback I think, can't remember the name) signing - I think it was supposed to be for about £2 or £3 mil in total, so I don't think the 200k figure is right. But Johnson refused to sanction the transfers and Royle was gone within days.

Thats the way it happened as far as I remember too

Flo was another greatly over rate player though, how the fook chelski got that much for him i'll never know, he ended up at sunderland didnt he and couldnt hit a bard door there

• 9 months later...

^^^

Danny Fox is a good player but never would have cut it at everton, as i've said before i watch walsall quiet often as my best friend is a supporter and they picked up both Danny Fox and Anthony Gerrard from us on frees one summer. They looked really good in League 2, but its a huge difference between that and prem football. He might make it in the future but at the moment he's a long way off (the play from u21 you should watch is Scott Dann- also used to play at walsall, both players were signed by cov from walsall in january) Dann looks like he could have a very good future in front of him, we were actually linked to him last summer.

Nah i do remember back in 1991 when Man U made that offer

Complete bollocks. Giggs was ManU's new star from when he signed pro in 1990. There was huge press at the time about how good he was and much was made of Ferguson protecting him from the press....he was rarely, if ever, interviewed. Made his début (against Everton) in March '91 and was a regular by the 91/92 season.

Who invents this crap?