IGNORED

Owen The Evertonian

Common knowledge I know but nice to hear him say it...

...it is Gary Lineker I have passed. He is an England great and he was my idol when I was a kid - I was an Everton supporter and a Gary Lineker fan so it was lovely to beat him."

No.. I'd have both if I could.. They're too similar and both short so if we had decent wingers crossing balls all day long the chances are we wouldn't get close to them.

I'd love Owen here - I remember rumours were going around saying Moyesy wanted him from real madrid but MO didn't want to put pressure on his family from rs fans with the move. Apparently his dad Terry Owen played for us.

No.. I'd have both if I could.. They're too similar and both short so if we had decent wingers crossing balls all day long the chances are we wouldn't get close to them.

I'd love Owen here - I remember rumours were going around saying Moyesy wanted him from real madrid but MO didn't want to put pressure on his family from rs fans with the move. Apparently his dad Terry Owen played for us.

That was a wierd post Louis, you say you'd have them both but then go on to eplain why they couldnt play together!

The point I make is if we sold AJ for 20mil and purchased Owen for 10mil we would have swapped like for like & made 10 mil profit plus Owen is the more proven and if i'm honest better striker.

On first look you would have to say that would be a great bit of business, but as others have mentioned I would think Owen's wages are in the order of £50,000 a week more than AJ or £2.5m a year more. Plus he has had a couple of years with injury, so would be a bit of a gamble.

My guess he is after playing for a top 4 team so he can play CL football if he was to move

i'd have owen in a heart beat. I was miffed the other season when he turned everton down cos I was sure he supported everton as a kid then.

Im glad he said that he was an everton supporter the other night cos ive been havin an arguement with a mate who is rs for years about it. now ive got closure.

Edited by jack cookson

I think you could see an even better AJ this coming season!I also think if

Owen tried the amount of running AJ gets through in a game,then injury problems

could well click in.Great player Owen and will always be a finisher but I think he

would find it hard in the AJ role.

Unlike Robbie fowler who in his book made it clear he was an Evertonian,Owen

has always tried to not mention it.Carrigher's another who freely admits to being

a Blue.....unlike captain fantastic Gerrard.....who if he had joined Chelsea when he

wanted to,would have said the Blue posters that were seen on his bedroom walls

when he was a kid were in fact......Chelsea players!!! :rolleyes: