IGNORED

Neville

where will moyes play phil next year? not that i think he deserves a place its just that he is captain and obviously will be in starting 11. hopeful team for next year howard hibbert/jags yobo lescott baines arteta carsley cahill richardson johnson nugent/vaughan

why? hibbert can tackle and makes plenty of saving tackles

phil neville backs off and backs off a winger until he's sittin in the stands and the balls i nthe net, not only that but his distribution is shocking

for me phil neville is an average/decent player and should only be a squad player. however, apparently he's a 'good' captain...which i'm not having. and thats why he's in the team and he'll probablyplay rb next yr if we make signingsi n the middle

Hibbo works his socks off, but to say he is better than Pip is foolishness. I know PN is not the most gifted player in the team, but he offers us a cool head and leadership, a captain should be British IMO.

ATB

Mac

I think Hibbert should start the season at right back,knowing that Neville is ready

to jump in if he's not up to it.Hibbert had a terrible season for various reasons and I think

that a fresh fit Hibbert with at last some compotition will probably show us he's

up to the task.

Neville should spend the season fighting for a place in midfield,with the option of

filling in for Hibbert if needed.

Carsley would probably make a good captain.....not Arteta though,just doesn't

seem to be his role.

why? hibbert can tackle and makes plenty of saving tackles

phil neville backs off and backs off a winger until he's sittin in the stands and the balls i nthe net, not only that but his distribution is shocking

for me phil neville is an average/decent player and should only be a squad player. however, apparently he's a 'good' captain...which i'm not having. and thats why he's in the team and he'll probablyplay rb next yr if we make signingsi n the middle

lol I seem to agree with u alot on here lad

Tony Hibbert is a better right back than Phill Neville IMO.

Tackling Heading Marking Anticipation and even Crossing. All what a right back needs Tony does better, maybe his crossing isn't best sometimes but it has improved alot.

how Neville gets in the team just because he is captain over Hibbert annoys me :angry:

Moyes will never drop Neville for Hibbert I no it, but IMO he is making the wrong decision.

Dont be surpirsed to see Hibbert ask to move on, because id be getting pissed off being dropped over Neville.

Edited by Blue4Ever

lol I seem to agree with u alot on here lad

Tony Hibbert is a better right back than Phill Neville IMO.

Tackling Heading Marking Anticipation and even Crossing. All what a right back needs Tony does better, maybe his crossing isn't best sometimes but it has improved alot.

Sounds like you've been playing too much Football Manager. Hibbert's distribution is diabolical, he always opts for the direct/long ball even when he's not under pressure.

erm..

just for those of you out there who forgot phil nevile was statisticly in the team of the season at full back!

yer

Jacklez Phil played center midfield most of the season so how can that certify that

Sounds like you've been playing too much Football Manager. Hibbert's distribution is diabolical, he always opts for the direct/long ball even when he's not under pressure.

I didn't say distribution, if u meant his crossing I meant it was better than Phil's

Im not going to argue about this, everyone will realise how shite Neville is next season when he plays over Hibbo.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Jacklez Phil played center midfield most of the season so how can that certify that

I didn't say distribution, if u meant his crossing I meant it was better than Phil's

Im not going to argue about this, everyone will realise how shite Neville is next season when he plays over Hibbo.

Well one's got nearly 60 full England caps and one's got none so I think few managers with far more experience would disagree. The distribution point was not related to your post, Hibbert's crossing is marginally better if he's near the by-line but the amount of time he gives away posession far outweighs that. I have seen enough of both players to make that judgement, there won't be any suprises for me next season.

Apart my personal opinion, he finished 4th top in the Actim defenders and 27th overall best Premiership player. That's not just scored on goals/assists/clean sheets, it's tackles, clearances, runs, crosses, contribution.

Top 5 Premiership Defenders 2006/7

Name Index Score Overall Index Rank Team

1 steve finnan 469 19 Liverpool

2 ricardo carvalho 463 23 Chelsea

3 rio ferdinand 461 26 Manchester United

4 phil neville 454 27 Everton

5 kolo toure 454 28 Arsenal

60 england caps means experience, but it doesn't make him a better player

so many people always complain about everton players not getting a chance, that's why he has caps, because he was at man utd, and that's the reason he's still getting a bit of a look in, which wont last

as for the stats, he played a majority in midfield.... so to have him in the top defenders is deceiving, taking credit for the work of the work of yobo and lescott

hibbert is a better tackler, he knows when to make a challenge, neville just tried to jockey most of the time, which may work in midfield but he doesn't stop the cross which hibbert does

neither players distribution is great but hibbert is an out and out defender, phil neville as captain with a 'cool-head' should use his brain more often and pick a pass rather than chip it forwards or into the box, only now and then does nevilel manage to find a team mate. he's a strictly average player that shouldn't eb captainign a top 5 or 6 side

^ Whats the reason for that? Neville cannot be picked rightback on the basis he wont get in our midfield next season and england caps mean nothing, I would well rather have Hibbert playing for england than Neville because he aint good enough to be in the squad and neither is Hibbo but he's alot better at rightback

if people watch Hibbert in a match and realise how many important tackles + clearances he has done over the years saving us from goals, and then get labled the weak link in out defense is a stupid comment.

Finally its good to get a decent Thread to express our thoughts over the team other than transfers for the time being IMO :D

id be happy to see Hibbo line up at RB when the new season kicks off, and ill be just as happy if Neville is in our midfield, i believe we have more important parts of the team to be strengthend, like a left back and a left footed winger imo

Central Midfield + Left Midfield would be what my priority would be

before manny came on loan did anyone really think much about us NEEDING a central midfielder?

we have cars (a year left in him yet) neville (i regard him highly, even if im on my own) cahill (one of the best midfielders in the league imo) osman (decent squad player) and lets not forget, arteta was brought in as a central midfielder. its out wide we have the problems. we need more balance, we dont have one left footed midfield player in contension for a starting place

lets take a look at our left back slot, we have nuno (very capable player, when he can stay fit, and getting on a bit) naysmith (a squad player at best) paddy boyle (highly regarded at the club as an up and coming player, but just missed a big part of his development with back injuries) we need a left back who can stick around for 5 or so years

even before Manny came on loan IMO we needed a quality player in the middle, thats what will win us matches and it proved against Arsenal, Now I think its a priority but we can't have Osman left wing next season either.

I know what u mean, shorey or baines would be a good buy.

Edited by Blue4Ever