IGNORED

Moyes Admits We're Skint

Everton manager David Moyes has admitted that although he would like to add more players to his current crop of players, he does not have the money to compete with 'the top end' of the Premiership.

While this will come as no surprise to most Evertonians, some are starting to question why we have no money. Currently, Everton have only spent £4m bringing in Phil Jagielka but with the sale of Simon Davies to Fulham for £3m in January and Gary Naysmith for £1m only last week, European qualification, extra television money on top of the wages of David Weir, Richard Wright and Alessandro Pistones all being removed from the wage budget, fans had hoped that the club would be more active in the transfer window and are growing increasingly inpatient.

David Moyes: "We'd like to add to the squad and I know the supporters are desperate to see new faces coming in, no more so than me, but things out there in the market are tight,"

"But we are certainly doing everything we can to strengthen the squad and give ourselves a chance. We've done it that way for the past few years and we'll continue to do so."

"I can understand that because I've been a supporter, in fact I still am a supporter, but we're always quite cagey here and we don't give too much away partly because people know that we don't have the funds to compete at the top end," he said.

"I think there has been some irresponsible buying and spending by some clubs and it makes it a bit more difficult if you've got less money to spend than that."

What do you think? Is it because of Kenwright? Is it Wyness or Moyes fault? maybe even Pierluigi Collinas fault?, or smaller clubs fault for paying ridiculous money for average players?

I think its a political response, simple really. What do you expect him to say " yer, weve got 15mil to spend but I want to buy three players with that so Ive got to be carefully, specially with tossers paying the likes of £5 mil for chopra and that piece of shit from Wbrom who went to Fulham"

As he said " but we're always quite cagey here and we don't give too much away "

Everton manager David Moyes has admitted that although he would like to add more players to his current crop of players, he does not have the money to compete with 'the top end' of the Premiership.

While this will come as no surprise to most Evertonians, some are starting to question why we have no money.

the same thing we hear every summer.

i'll reserve my judgement for next may

Agreed.

In the event that we don't get any more players, the ones who haven't performed so far had better do or we are fooked.

Edited by mt.23

it's a combination of things i think:

1. Kenwright clearly does not have the resources to run a prem club.

2. Moyes and his reluctence to persue the foreign market (better bargins to be had imo)

3. Lack of communication with fans, which just winds everyone up, then people start wanting to sack the board, manager, etc. If they were a bit more honest then the fans would understand more, but were always so cagey with everything.

4. Yes, some of the other teams do seem to spending stupid money this summer, but that seems to happen in this country, hence the reason wenger shops abroad.

it's a combination of things i think:

1. Kenwright clearly does not have the resources to run a prem club.

2. Moyes and his reluctence to persue the foreign market (better bargins to be had imo)

3. Lack of communication with fans, which just winds everyone up, then people start wanting to sack the board, manager, etc. If they were a bit more honest then the fans would understand more, but were always so cagey with everything.

4. Yes, some of the other teams do seem to spending stupid money this summer, but that seems to happen in this country, hence the reason wenger shops abroad.

Im probably wrong, but im gunna have to question some of these mate.

1. we know kenwright doesnt have the resources to run the club financially or general business like. thats why he brought bully in to run the club.

2. there is a bigger risk with bringing in foreign players, also why they are cheaper imo. a proven player in a proven league will command a premium.

3. i take total issue with this one! why do we have to know everything that goes on? being a bit more honest? wtf! they are a business! we are just customers! the more they tell us about whats going on, the more they tell their competitors! we have no right to know whats goin on! and the people who want to start sacking people because of this really need a better understanding of business!

4. 100% agree with this one, and the time and money invested by wenger on his scouting system! he has had his contacts for a lot longer than moyes remember! it didnt happen over night

3. i take total issue with this one! why do we have to know everything that goes on? being a bit more honest? wtf! they are a business! we are just customers! the more they tell us about whats going on, the more they tell their competitors! we have no right to know whats goin on! and the people who want to start sacking people because of this really need a better understanding of business!

Everton FC - "The Peoples Club"

Listen, yes we are customers of a business. To keep customers, and gain customers, you need to satisfy their demand...our demand is better players and success. We have had no clear sign of good, quality signings and the messages out of Everton FC so far have all been negative bar Jags signing.

Now a young boy at school can't decide between Everton & Liverpool to support. He is blinded by "Liverpool have signed this that and the other", Everton sign 1 player. The hype surrounding Liverpool's signings sways him and he is now a customer of Liverpool FC. So messages from a "business" are bloody important...

I agree Stevo if you mean bo@@ocks as in what has been said today by DM.

think its all club talk for give me some time then you can moan come the 1st September when we have not signed anyone else.

He has gone from 5 weeks ago saying that he wants to be very active in the transfer market to saying we got 1 and want another 1 or 2 signings to saying people are spending to much to saying there is not much around at the moment apart from bein to expensive.

its the same stuff every year.

Im probably wrong, but im gunna have to question some of these mate.

1. we know kenwright doesnt have the resources to run the club financially or general business like. thats why he brought bully in to run the club.

2. there is a bigger risk with bringing in foreign players, also why they are cheaper imo. a proven player in a proven league will command a premium.

4. 100% agree with this one, and the time and money invested by wenger on his scouting system! he has had his contacts for a lot longer than moyes remember! it didnt happen over night

To be fair the analogy of a football fan to a customer isn't accurate. Fans are never going to jump ship if they aren't happy with a product or service.

In any case, large companies have to employ PR staff to build loyalty and trust keeping customers informed about new products, improvements and developments. I think our blind loyalty's taken far too much for granted by Kenwright and his board.

Edited by Bluetrip

Don't think so !!

Just listening to TalkSport and they are talking like we are fucking relegation fodder.

For christ sakes, we finished 6th last year and should have been 5th without Cahill for most of the season, Johnson for the run-in and fuck all contribution from Beattie and VDM. We sold Wright, Naysmith and Pistone all whom prob most of this forum would have happily parted with.

Expect Moyes was looking at 2 or 3 players to bring in. Nugent and Koumas went for way too much money for their worth and both are totally unproven at Prem level. Think Moyes may be resetting his expectations because the average players are too expensive and maybe he will go for 1 massive signing instead and possibly get Fernandes back on loan as nobody seems close to buying him from Benfica.

I wonder if with only one signing likely, no movement of Beattie and VDM then we could be looking at a single midfielder to add to Jags and hopefully Manny back. Don't think Moyes will spend 6 mill on Baines when he has Valente and Lescott plus Boyle at a push. If he keeps Beattie, he prob figures that with Vaughan and Anichebe he has more than enough - so Smith would be out.

That could mean that a single deal for a midfielder - and I still reckon we have around 12 mill in hand. How about our old friend, Juan Roman Riquelme. He wasn't happy at a big club like Barca before, won't go back to Villarreal and the Villarreal setup was a lot like Everton (local fan base, team on the up) so possibly we could have a chance. Boca cannot afford to keep him either.

I heard that Athletico Madrid were interested during the semi commentary but they also were talking about how he could make it in the Prem with the right team. Nobody is being linked with him unlike 2 years ago.

Maybe there is a chance !! He is quality as well - I would be ecstatic if we got him, Jags and Manny back on loan.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/...00252-19450206/

One new signing? Still optimistic Liam? Fuckinghell I hope Moyes is bullshitting.

You can read whatever you want into that or any other news story Mark I'v explained where I'm comming from repeatedly. At this moment in time I can honestly say I wouldnt want my manager behaving in any other way than Moyes is now.

1. We have a squad now that has qualified for Europe 2 out of 3 seasons

2. We are not being mugged by seccond rate players, greedy agents or piss taking clubs.

3. This "dithering Davey" attitude is what has brought stability & progress to my club for the first time since I was a small child.

Long may it continue I say!

You can read whatever you want into that or any other news story Mark I'v explained where I'm comming from repeatedly. At this moment in time I can honestly say I wouldnt want my manager behaving in any other way than Moyes is now.

2. We are not being mugged by seccond rate players, greedy agents or piss taking clubs.

3. This "dithering Davey" attitude is what has brought stability & progress to my club for the first time since I was a small child.

:thumbsup_still: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_still:

yes and about time hey

Liam,

you may have just saved my life!

glad there is still some people here with a sense of realism!

I think we all knew we were skint, the board has always struggled to bring in money. We could be facing a tough season after letting players run out of contract before getting rid. We are down 3 players from wright, pistone and naysmith. Admittably no big loss, but selling Wright before he was out of contract would have been better than nothing.

We sell our players too cheap as well. in todays market an international like naysmith should have got more than £1m, but I guess thats just speculation on price as there was prob some agreement with the blades.

We will still have a decent side as long as there are no injuries, but other players must look at Everton and think why do I want to go there the board dont seem to show ambition (getting in the players and taking a risk). They dont look like they are willing to progress.

The club may be stable/progressing in the league but still doesnt get the backing to make the next step, theres only a limited amount of progression a club can do without money before they stall. Further more the players we have got at the moment will become frustrated if the club doesnt look like they want to become big. Which will mean them wanting to leave next season.

I emailed Ian Ross..

Are we missing out on players? or is David just playing it coy? we need more

strength in depth i'm sure you agree? can you tell me if more players will

come in? i'm sick of reading drivvle on forums on the net, some of it is

driving me crazy..

Ross..
He has money.....he is waiting his moment