IGNORED

Moyes Admits We're Skint

Im still thinking Alan Smith but think it all depends on the Tevez deal .......tits up at the moment then

Is that are 1 BIG signing????

I really do think he will settle for his current starting eleven now... if so BT best get his finger out.. dont think we can depend on the youngeters especially if we have a bad start to the season

At least we should be adding numbers to the squad... why havent we done that..... still 2 players down at the moment....

That what we all seem to be missing.... forget the big targets where are the smaller signings we all expected just to bolster the numbers....

Dm has said that he can make one good signing but in the same breath said that there is not alot out in the position he is looking for and what there is is to expensive.

Stubbs has come out and said that he beleives that Dm is happy with the squad but would add to it if possible.

For me all pointing to that we will start the season with the players we have got and if not going well near the end of August then expect some signings to come in. If doing well DM will stick the the players that he has got.

What really gets to me about us being 'skint' is that Spurs are now close to signing yet another player for over 10m.

SWP from Spurs along with a left winger for 8m from A Madrid.

And we can't even afford a couple of decent players and they have spent over 30m already.

And also DM can come out and say that there is not a lot of players out in the positions we are looking for. Well my reply to that is LOOK HARDER

I didn't know where to post this and not sure if been posted already however I have read on the net today that KW has said that there will be enough bodies in before the start of the season and they are VERY ACTIVE behind the scenes.

At least we should be adding numbers to the squad... why havent we done that..... still 2 players down at the moment....

That what we all seem to be missing.... forget the big targets where are the smaller signings we all expected just to bolster the numbers....

whats the point in getting loads of shite players just to have numbers, we have got a team of talented youngsters who would be alot better options than buying any old shite player, just because our squad is quite small everyone thinks its the end of the world it not

Yes I do now feel, That as Evertonians we shall forever & from this point be forced to refer to "The Transfer Window" period as " The Poker face Window".

Consequently then, I Cant argue with the suits that be in regards to this apparent Sale's time policy that has now been in place the last few windows.

In this instance I can take being a Mushroom, until the egg has hatched.

After reading today that we are trying to do a player + cash offer for baines, i have to say i am starting to have serious concerns at the overall financial state of the club, we look as though we are in a right mess and that it just seems to be getting worse not better. I think BK should stick to showbiz, and leave football to the big boys, he knows that he'll get a lifetime season ticket and a free plate of prawn sarnies each week. :D

C'mon lads, it is mostly the squad with which we achieved more than we could have expected for last season and we are in Europe. Let's get behind them and be positive. Yeh we are disppointed with notbringing in big names but we are EVERTON, with the greatest supporters in the world. I keep looking at my tkts for seeing them at Selhurst (ok my son's a CPAL supporter, sorry he was born in the south) but I love this club and negative comments aren't going to help.

agree with the above, too many negative and bk bashing comments on here

how quickly people turn, if it wasnt for him we would have done a leeds and ended up in a proper mess looking forward to an away trip at yeovil

people say him and wyness are a bad combo...confused. if it wasnt for them, this kirkby deal wouldnt be on the table ? didnt bk employ davie moyes, who is quickly becoming one of our best ever managers ? a manager, imo, who will be talked about in the same league as harry catterick and howard kendall in years to come.

i dont see what all the big fuss is about us haggling over transfer fees, why not ?? if you know a player is unsettled and wants to join you, why not use that as a bargaining tool ? i work for npower and when we discuss new contracts with large suppliers, do you think we give in to the first offer ? no way, we haggle over every last detail to save money - its good business practice

dont forget, its not just the transfer fee the club has to pay, theres the signing on fee and then the wages on top. so why not try to save a few pennies on the transfer fee ?

yes we are not cash rich but we are hardly boston utd !!

if we save two mill on this deal and ship out one of our squad players, we can re-invest the saved money on getting other players in (paying for vogels signing on fee etc)

These big signings everyone wants!!.......you mean the ones like Kroldrup!...

...VDM!......Beattie!.My point is every BIG signing is a BIG risk.We missed out on

Parker last year,where did Newcastle finish?

We finished higher than Blackburn last season....and that after they beat us to

McCarthy!Plus the numerous other teams who spent big money last year.Spending

money doesn't guarantee success,as West Ham will discover this season.

For some reason Moyes doesn't have much money to spend....there's nothing you

can do about that...ok! stop going!.....Then he's got less!!

Get behind the the squad we've got....and the manager who for how he's turned us

around from a few seasons back,deserves our support.

That £300million stadium the rs are having built,it will end up at nearer £400million

by the time it's done.....and they need to win many trophies,and fill every seat for

the yanks to get their money back.......by the time they get to their kopless stadium

Gerrard may be passed his best....OH DEAR!!

We beat teams last season,who had spent more than us!......we can do it again this

season.