IGNORED

Ballot Is Announced (ground Move)

I strongly believe that the majority will be aginst it but reading Wyness' words he wants to know the support for it so if it will only be like 60% against it will they still go ahead dya think?

Disagree. I think many people will be suprised by how many people want to move.

I am all for it and will vote for the move.

i agree with the sentiment, but it's a good site that will involve great redevelopment of an area and provide fantastic facilities to locals and to ourselves... it's not much further...the fact that it's out of the city for me doesn't really matter because a move if something IMO we need to progress....and it has been rumoured to put off some potential investors, although BK doesn't help

Tough one...decision I don't have to make because I don't have a vote (knew I should have joined Evertonia). But I don't think making the decision based solely on some line drawn on a map God knows how many years ago is very sensible. There are any number of clubs around the world that don't play within their strict geographical location and I don't think it would be such an issue if it weren't for the existence of the city's junior club across the park and the opportunities for piss taking a move to Kirkby would give them. Gotta be bigger than that.

Having said that I still don't know which way I'd vote given the chance, the feeling I always got talking to people at Goodison last season was against it. But what people say and how they vote don't always tally....I've never met anyone who'll admit to voting for Maggie Thatcher for example, but she was PM for about seventy-five years...or it felt like it anyway :( .

Good luck to all those with a vote, use it wisely.

Edited by MikeO

I have kept out of this debate purley because living so far south it doesn't effect me in a supporter going to the ground.

However my response to Liverpool got one why can't we would most prob be I expect that is cos they had the funds to.

It doesn't bother me this we was here first stuff.

At the end of the day I look at it as follows.

What is best for Everton. Not the fans but Everton cos at the end of the day what is best for Everton is best for the fans (although we might not agree with it)

If moving to Kirby is best for everton as will give us a nice good new stadium which will increase revenue and thefore give the club more money then have to do it.

if it means it will attract investment and players joining the club is it worth doing. Yes it is.

If we don't do it what does it mean? I think we have already agreed that we can't redevelop Goodison so are the sites inside the boundies as good as Kirby. If yes and we can achieve it then great if not then have to move.

My opinions are only based on what is best for the future of Everton football club not what the fans would like and not things like 'we was here first'

I'm in the same boat as Adam, due to living quite a way south. Moving a few miles wouldn't really affect me in those terms.

However, i'm not sure what i'll vote for. I love going to Goodison (still get goosebumps every matchday) but as said earlier everton fc is a business and if the business plan says we should move then myabe we should.

Don't get me wrong, its really annoying that the shite get permission for a new ground and we don't, but taking a step back i can see why (that hurts to say)

If moving gave us the extra revenue for players etc and made us a more appealing prospect for those players and even potential investors than i'd say it must be done. But i'd always have a strong urge to stay at Goodison.

Its a tough call but as Craccer said......its gonna happen at some point..........i suppose we should do it whilst we have an excellent manager.........new ground & new manager would be a terrible senario to be in IMO

I agree with the argument that a move is the only way the club is going to expand. I do believe its the best way of moving forward and attracting investment.

However I do feel, allbeit from a far, for the local loyal supporters that have spent many pounds and years at Goodison. The club must reach a decision that has to be taken with the voice of the supporters a factor - but on the same token, sentitiment and pride must not be the only reason supporters vote to stay....The succesful future of our club could be on whether we stay or go.

By the way.....what does IMO mean? :huh:

i agree with the sentiment, but it's a good site that will involve great redevelopment of an area and provide fantastic facilities to locals and to ourselves... it's not much further...the fact that it's out of the city for me doesn't really matter because a move if something IMO we need to progress....and it has been rumoured to put off some potential investors, although BK doesn't help

Been to Bolton, Boro, City, Derby even Wigan lately? I have and it's a sorry site!!

Selling out to a retail development is like driving a knife into the heart of any football club. I'm all for a move sooner rather than later but for all of you about to vote yes just consider these points first.

1. There are sites available in the city.

2. The exclusivity agreement means Everton have only looked into one option but still feel it right to hold a ballot with no other options.

3. BK & KW want THIS move because financially it suits them in the short term.

4. we are voting on the future of our club and casting any sort of vote without considering every option is stupid and narrow minded, ask yourself why the club is hiding the other options from us?

5. If Gordon Brown called a general election tomorow giving the public no choice of other party's just a straight yes or no to labor would you vote without questioning what was going on??

5. "If Gordon Brown called a general election tomorow giving the public no choice of other party's just a straight yes or no to labor would you vote without questioning what was going on??"

He's just done something similar, Blair resigns and Brown is prime minister, nobody voted on it and nobody opposed it, But i see what your saying.

Lets see the other options and vote for one of them, a straight yes or no is not the correct way, because people might vote to move but would rather stay somewhere else in the City, but by not giving them the option of voting for another site, it is heavily balanced in Evertons favour, and not for the fans.

5. "If Gordon Brown called a general election tomorow giving the public no choice of other party's just a straight yes or no to labor would you vote without questioning what was going on??"

He's just done something similar, Blair resigns and Brown is prime minister, nobody voted on it and nobody opposed it, But i see what your saying.

Lets see the other options and vote for one of them, a straight yes or no is not the correct way, because people might vote to move but would rather stay somewhere else in the City, but by not giving them the option of voting for another site, it is heavily balanced in Evertons favour, and not for the fans.

Thats my exact point Bill what Everton are doing is trying to scare the fans into thinking this is our only option when believe me it isnt but because of all the cloke and dagger people who are boarder line are gona stump for the move because we need a new ground which I'm not arguing over.

Again to anyone considering voting yes please think about it, if your ballot paper looked like this which would you tick?

Kirkby

Re-develope Goodison

Stanley Park

Walton Hall Park

Speke

Page Moss

IF YOU WOULD CHOOSE ANY OF THOSE OPTIONS OVER KIRKBY THEN PLEASE DO NOT VOTE YES!!

If the vote is a no the club will have to look into other options and there are possibilities for all the sites mentioned along with a few others with LCC backing. If you vote no a world of option should open up in front of you, vote yes and you will kick yourself when the truth emerges once BK sells up and walks off into the sunset with a tidy profit in his arse pocket!

shouldnt have a vote anyway imo fans are or atleast should be loyal in which case it shouldnt matter...theres been plenty of generations before and plenty after...need to do what they see fit for the future of the club ... i think kirkby is a good site from looking at the plans and cant see anything wrong ith it.... wont it still have a liverpool post code...does it really matter that much if its a couple of minutes outside liverpool council

Got to put my two'pennorth in here.

It would seem a lot of people are operating under the illusion that their vote will have an impact on a decision I think has already been made. This smacks of an exercise in appeasement, you know like feeling like there is some form of "ownership" by the fans.

They have not listened to a single thing that various supporters clubs have been saying, so why the fuck should they start now.

Once again I feel like a turd in a swimming pool, but this was done 8 or 9 years ago - ballot forms were handed out at the final home game of the season (Chelsea surprisingly enough). The move was voted for and there were months of dicking around by "Goodison for EVERton" who claimed the vote was rigged, and Peter Johnston was lambasted by many. No further mention of any move was uttered.

It is a done deal IMO.

ATB

Mac

like you say mac it's just to get a few fans onside i think, the club is'nt having the best of summers, with many fans expecting a spending spree it has'nt happened and we have seen more go than come in and have had to watch pointless clubs like Wigan and Sunderland be in a position to outbid us for players. this is just a way of making a few fans happy again by fooling them into the idea that they might be worth something to the club, the decision is already made imo.