arteta right

silva

cahill

vdm left if fit

beattie

johnson

this is if silva is any good

Two goals for Beattie in the opening couple of games could be the making of him

at Everton.I think an"in form"Beattie and AJ are good enough to hold at bay the young

guns of Vaughan and Anichebe......but they will make a break through this season.

VDM?......Even if fit,can't really see it working for him.

Hibbert!.....Disaster last season.At his best too good to leave out.Could well improve as he gets older.

Think we need more steel in midfield....Carsley,could well be that man.

I think an"in form"Beattie and AJ are good enough to hold at bay the young

guns of Vaughan and Anichebe......but they will make a break through this season.

Don't quite agree with this, Vaughan is too hot a prospect to leave on the bench.

VDM?......Even if fit,can't really see it working for him.

lol agree with this one, only playing cause no one will buy him...

QUOTE(Blue 250 @ Jul 19 2007, 11:14 PM)

I think an"in form"Beattie and AJ are good enough to hold at bay the young

Don't quite agree with this, Vaughan is too hot a prospect to leave on the bench.

Only a very much improved Beattie will be able to keep Vaughan out.It's in Beatties

hands now!Moyes will play him......if he scores he'll stay in,if not we have options.

Shame about VDM!.....But you could say that about any of them that don't make it.

Probably get the odd game,might even surprise us.....just doubt it!

As for Silva,from what I've heard he's got a chance....and we probably need him to

take it!

------------------Howard----------------------

--Nevile----Lesscot----Yobo----Valente-------

------------------Jagielka---------------------

--Arteta---------------------------Pienaar-----

-----------------Cahill---------------------------

----------------------Johnson------------------

Only 10 players there

Id like to say pienaar would be in the team but it might not happen.

Some strange ones there id go with what JACKELZ put down

Worshiper---- you have some strange ones in there

Jagielka Carsley and nevile at left back???????????????

You think Carsley is good enough to get a start????????????????

Jagielka is gonna start in the middle

You must be great on CM

You think Carsley is good enough to get a start????????????????

He was almost an ever present in last years very good season, doing the donkey work

He also did it when we were fourth as well

--Jagielka----Lesscot----Yobo----Valente---

--Arteta-----Carsley- Neville----Pienaar----

--------------------Cahill----------------------

------------------Johnson---------------------

He was almost an ever present in last years very good season, doing the donkey work

Would have to agree with you Zed , Carsley has been imense for us in 2 of the last 3 seasons and was sorely missed in the season in between when he was out injured almost all seaon !! And believe me you will never meet a more dedicated pro , i live in the same village as lee Carsley near Coventry and often see him jogging in the evening no doubt after he's trained during the day! ..... he may be getting on a bit now but for me he would have to start the season , if he struggles then change it as the season goes on !!

As for the team it looks good it will be nice to see how affective Arteta and Pienaar can be switching flanks and keeping the opposition full backs guessing !

As i've said on a previous topic i would prefer a 4-4-2 but i admit it is unlikely so playin Timmy behind AJ has got to be the way forward , i think i would rather see someone else along side Carsley instead of Neville though !! (please get Manny back Mr Moyes)

--Arteta-----Cahill- Neville----Pienaar----

------------Johnson-----Anichebe----------------

i honestly think that going it to the first game of the season against an average wigan side that we are talkin about playin 5 in midfield is a joke!

we should be positive they should be having to come to are place thinking of needing to play the 5 in midfield to stop are men.

i think with neville back in the middle with a fully fit cahill. with also AJ's willingness to run and check back we should be able to cover for the extra man when we need it in the midfield.

plus with pienaar and arteta they are both able to play central aswell which means we can cover and hit on the break. with pace and power. and once up there you can see neville sitting and letting the other 3 men go and join in.

im with zed 100%. Cars is a valuable member of our team, one of our most consistent performers!

and looks like we got another member with a 451 in negative attitude!

i dont understand how anyone can see victor being a bigger attacking threat than cahill.

im with zed 100%. Cars is a valuable member of our team, one of our most consistent performers!

and looks like we got another member with a 451 in negative attitude!

i dont understand how anyone can see victor being a bigger attacking threat than cahill.

That 4-5-1 formation gets the best out of everyone, Cahill is awsome in that role, it can easily be changed to 4-4-2, keeping Cahill on, he then just trys to be selective in going forward, its a formation that Chelsea use effectively and also man used it last season a lot, although they have a lot better attacking players

yeh, i don't mind 4-5-1 as long as we use it to our advantage both attacking and defensively...because long balls towards AJ won't work. we need to take advantage of the extra man in midfield (assuming we're playing against a 4-4-2) and play it around a bit more crisply than we have. hopefully with the new additions and future addition will add that extra bit of ability that the midfield desperately lacks,as only arteta is capable of keeping a ball.

--------------------Howard---------------------

----Jagielka----Yobo----Lescott----Valente----

----Piennar----Arteta----Carsley----VDM----

----------------------Cahill-----------------------

----------------------Jonson---------------------

Edited by Adams

I couldnt watch another game with Neville + Carsley in the team, we need to move on if were going to use a defensive midfielder which I can understand we need to pick one of them.

Haha Pienaar hasnt got a work permit yet and he is in everyones team, hope he does tho...

Edited by Blue4Ever

Can't believe no-one's even mentioned (as far as I can see) McFadden, who's goal against Charlton got us into the position we're in. If he hadn't scored that winner we'd be even more miserable bastards than we already are contemplating a season of domestic mediocrity and struggling (even more than we are) to attract any new players. Also Ossie, who I know people don't rate but for me was a consistent performer (player of the year voting backs that up) and still improving.

What about a bit of loyalty to the players who got us where we're at?

Can't believe no-one's even mentioned (as far as I can see) McFadden, who's goal against Charlton got us into the position we're in. If he hadn't scored that winner we'd be even more miserable bastards than we already are contemplating a season of domestic mediocrity and struggling (even more than we are) to attract any new players. Also Ossie, who I know people don't rate but for me was a consistent performer (player of the year voting backs that up) and still improving.

What about a bit of loyalty to the players who got us where we're at?

I understand what your saying but i think we should always play are best possible starting 11. And IMO Ossie and Mcfadden dont fit into my "best starting 11"

edit to my first crap post were i done a 10 man team :lol:

--Hibbert----Lesscot----Yobo----Valente-------

-----------------Nevile----------------------

--Arteta------------Jagielka---------Pienaar-----

-----------------Cahill---------------------------

----------------------Johnson------------------

thats better i wont do subs cus i dont really care :D

------------------------------------howard--------------------------------------- jags------------------yobo---------------------lescott------------------valente pienaar-------------cahill----------------------da silva------------------arteta jo------------------------------johnson---------smith-----------------------------