IGNORED

Images Of The New Stadium

What I don't understand is Wyness has said today that the stadium will cost £150million right? Tesco are putting in £50million yes? And we're putting in £10million through selling Goodison and naming rights for the new stadium yes? So where the hell is the rest of the money coming from for this 'wonderful' stadium?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for what its worth I think it looks really good.

the curved corners from the outside with the pillars looks nice and is a good unique touch, better than the masts or wonky flag pole type constructions that some new stadiums have.

Inside looks a bit like the east side of old trafford before they put those ugly big upper corners in.

Much better design than the emirates IMO.

If that was built right now I'd say it was easily the best looking new build stadium in the country...

Until next wednesday of course B)

our (liverpool) plans are released then apparently.

i've seen what I'm 75% sure is the real design, some pics were leaked a month or so ago. the design takes a bit of getting used to but it is amazing. totally unique. the new kop will be fucking massive.

£150m seems a snip compared to Pompeys dream

http://www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...1016037,00.html

Portsmouth's new ground when built will be the best looking ground in the 1st Division.

AS for ours, 2 things; 1) Why havent there been seats incorporated into the corners, isnt that a waste of space?

AND 2) How do we all feel about naming rights, do we want to sell out and be the next Emirates/Reebok/JJB. Seeing as (if we moved) we would be moving away from the Walton/Everton area thus in a way slightly losing our identity with the place I would hope we somehow use the name Everton or Goodison along with the new sponsor (dont ask me how exactly).

Does the money that would come in with naming rights outweigh dignity?

]AS for ours, 2 things; 1) Why havent there been seats incorporated into the corners, isnt that a waste of space?

If the corners were filled the capacity would be 60,000. We propbaly woulodnt fill that so we go with 50,000. with the OPTIION to expand to 60,000 by filling in the corners.

AND 2) How do we all feel about naming rights, do we want to sell out and be the next Emirates/Reebok/JJB. Seeing as (if we moved) we would be moving away from the Walton/Everton area thus in a way slightly losing our identity with the place I would hope we somehow use the name Everton or Goodison along with the new sponsor (dont ask me how exactly).

Does the money that would come in with naming rights outweigh dignity?

Personly i would like the new stadium to be named "new Goodison" but the stadium will probaly be named by some company - for the simple reason it brings in more money

Edited by Adams

there was even talk of liverpool naming there satdium the macdonalds stadium sure it a giggle but the money amonts they would get was huge. whats the deal though ?? if we call are stadium the umbro stadium for example does that meen we have to be sponsered by umbro for ever ??? well aslong as we play in that stadium?

there was even talk of liverpool naming there satdium the macdonalds stadium sure it a giggle but the money amonts they would get was huge. whats the deal though ?? if we call are stadium the umbro stadium for example does that meen we have to be sponsered by umbro for ever ??? well aslong as we play in that stadium?

No not at all. The sponsors would sign a contract of a number fo years (say 10 years). And after said amount of time they could renew the contract or not. Leaving us to negotiate naming rights with a different company, and changing the stadiums name.

Exacto mark, like shirt sponsorship.

Only Nag is you can have a stadium name chgange every 4-5 yrs. I have seen this.

I believe in Sydney, if 3 of us indivudually took off on a mission to -> 1) Telstra Stadium 2) Sydney Footyy Stadium & 3) Aussie Stadium

We would all end up @ the same Ground...!!!

well woudnt this mean if we just used a sponsor name for say 10 years till the finacial situiation of paying for the stadium is a distant memory than name it somthing such as new Goodison (allong those lines) i basicly meen a normal name

By that time the club and manager will have come to rely on the extra income it brings, so I couldnt see them just waving goodbye to it just because they don't need it so much anymore.

new ground does'nt look that different to Ibrox, which is a shit stadium.

ibrox is an old crapy stadium that maybe shares one or to slightly similar charicteristics

but are one is new and modern i thinks its fantastic

also i think that the peoples club thing is abit of a tribute to moyes and were he has taken us since he has been at the club witch is quite an achivement so i think he deserves it :)

ibrox is an old crapy stadium that maybe shares one or to slightly similar charicteristics

but are one is new and modern i thinks its fantastic

also i think that the peoples club thing is abit of a tribute to moyes and were he has taken us since he has been at the club witch is quite an achivement so i think he deserves it :)

THE PEOPLES CLUB is all over Goodison, its all over the web site and all over every bit of literature Everton produce, I feel they've over done it now. Dont think its any such tribute to Moyes, more and exploitation of a good soundbite

You been looking on NSNO mate?

Yeh i was, and i think they have a point, why can't we have our own identity instead of copying someone elses setup, oh yeh i forgot it's because we've got NO FUCKIN MONEY! so we have to rely on some supermarket to bail us out, takes the piss it does.

sorry, bad day at work so i'm just having a rant.

Yeh i was, and i think they have a point, why can't we have our own identity instead of copying someone elses setup, oh yeh i forgot it's because we've got NO FUCKIN MONEY! so we have to rely on some supermarket to bail us out, takes the piss it does.

sorry, bad day at work so i'm just having a rant.

It does look remarkably like Ibrox I agree. I don't particularly like what our new stadium will look like anyway, it's too ordinary. There's nothing to it at all, no imagination.

Edited by Romey 1878

I think the way they are looking at the corners leaving extra capacity for the future is a very smart move. Building a new stadium once every 100 years or so is plenty enough.

The stadium being built is for around 45,000 - 50,000 people - so 10,000 more than Goodison - So the new stadium has capacity for an additional 10%, enough to get in some extra revenue and not too much that it could look half empty.

If we find we need extra capacity - (who know what the futre holds) it can fairly easily be done over a couple of summer, with little or no disruption to using the stadium.

We are not a 60,000 a game team at the moment, so we are not going to pay for and build a 60,000 seater stadium. Be should our fortunes or football in genral change, minimal finance outlay or disruption is required to increase the capacity - that is very smart move buy the club.

So the sizeable space in the corners is there for a very good reason.

yeh, the rest of it just looks like Cologne. we need our own identity with our own unique design, this ones boring imo.

iTS BLUE AND GOT A BIG FUCK OFF EVERTON ON THE SIDE

What more do you want, I dont go the match to look at the stand and go WOW

maybe it's because i'm just interested in buildings and architechture and i think we could do a lot more, for start, out of the german stadiums i prefer Frankfurts Commerzbank stadium with the four-sided TV screen hanging over the centre spot, what a design feature that is. it's all personal opinions really isn't it? You like, I don't. simple as